Thread: Fobus J357

Fobus J357

I bought this holster (on sale) for my Rossi mdl88.
    this is from Fobus sight

This product has the following fits:
    Charter Arms Chic Lady
    Charter Arms Off Duty
    Charter Arms Undercover
    Charter Arms Undercover Lite
    Charter Arms Undercoverette
    Rossi 88

If they call that a fit their idea of fit and mine are very different. also tried the Charter arms undercover lite and it fits about the same as the Rossi. Not a good fit at all, so tight can't hardly pull it out after struggling to get into the holster.

Re: Fobus J357

You bought a Fobus.
    Don't do that.

Did you adjust the tension screw and you have to pull the gun straight up not at an angle.
    Go Cowboys go

Fobus pancake work well in a sweaty environment such as a hot afternoon walk, they also hang on a vehicle door pocket.
    Go Cowboys go

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    You bought a Fobus.
    Don't do that.
    This.
    Fobus holsters are crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    You bought a Fobus.
    Don't do that.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by NN View Post
    Did you adjust the tension screw and you have to pull the gun straight up not at an angle.
    This one does not have a tension screw. It spreads the holster at the trigger guard and is very tight, getting it in is almost as hard as removing it.

Quote Originally Posted by rberglof View Post
    This one does not have a tension screw. It spreads the holster at the trigger guard and is very tight, getting it in is almost as hard as removing it.
    They should put that screw tensioner back in them.
    Go Cowboys go

Quote Originally Posted by NN View Post
    They should put that screw tensioner back in them.
    I guess the one for a SP 101 won't work then.
    Go Cowboys go

Looking around on google I am thinking you might be on to something, I have seen some other brands say J frame along with the SP 101 and LCR 38. The holster I have is also for J frame.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    This.
    Fobus holsters are crap.
    Yes. Their Glock mag pouches work OK, but everything else I have seen from them is poo.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Fobus successfully rode the wave of Kydex but their holsters are molded plastic. Some of their models and mag holders work fine others not so much. Kydex is relatively hard and slick, plastic is soft and grabby and that's an issue.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

I gave FOBUS a chance years ago for my G36.... didn't even make it into my used holster box...straight into the trash. Their mag pouch was ok...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    I gave FOBUS a chance years ago for my G36.... didn't even make it into my used holster box...straight into the trash. Their mag pouch was ok...
    Mine was for an SP101. IF you drew it at the EXACT angle, it came out rather hard. If you didn't draw it at the EXACT angle, it either didn't come out if it hung on your pants, or the whole holster came out still attached to the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Went on to Fobus sight and they say to spray silicon in the trigger area of holster if too tight.
    As tight as this one was I sprayed the entire inside of the holster let it sit for awhile and them wiped out excess , shoved the revolver in and extracted about a dozen times then holstered the revolver and let it sit in the gun safe about a week.
    Was surprised to find that it now works fine, put it on and can remove and reinsert revolver without difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Fobus successfully rode the wave of Kydex but their holsters are molded plastic. Some of their models and mag holders work fine others not so much. Kydex is relatively hard and slick, plastic is soft and grabby and that's an issue.
    I've had one that I used with my CDP Pro II in IDPA and it worked fine. Stamped "Kimber" on the side. Used their dual mag pouch too. (Only Fobus I own, made in Israel.)

Quote Originally Posted by pjames777 View Post
    I've had one that I used with my CDP Pro II in IDPA and it worked fine. Stamped "Kimber" on the side. Used their dual mag pouch too. (Only Fobus I own, made in Israel.)
    Same here. I have one somewhere in one of my boxes of holsters that I bought as an expedient solution to needing an IDPA holster right now. It worked perfectly well but I found it tough for CC because it stuck out quite a bit from my body so it never got much use after I stopped competing.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

I have had a few and most of them never saw any use. In my opinion they are crap and I don't recommend them to anyone. All my pistols ride in leather, nothing else.

I have one with two tension screws for my G22. Works ok. It stays put and holds the gun tight if you want it to. I have used it for a few classifiers and night matches and no complaints. My bladetech is much smoother but costs 3 or 4 times as much.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

I only paid $13.00 for it so figured it was worth a try, also one for Ruger LCP. Worked fine right from the get-go and sits in a way that you hardly notice it.

I think the bigger issues are with the revolver versions. Plastic is not as springy and more "grabby" than Kydex

This is the only plastic revolver holster that I have, I think that Fobus might have gone with too many models for one holster.
    Don't have a J frame revolver so can't check that theory out.