Thread: Return of politics to this forum

Administrator

Return of politics to this forum

To All:

Upon further review by the moderators and administrator, the decision has been made to reinstate political comments in the Second Amendment Forum.
    Let me make it perfectly clear that the content rules must be followed. They are listed below.
    Due to the nature of political discussion, tempers can become heated and words are used before they are carefully considered. Members are expected to act like adults and police themselves. No name-calling of other members. Even Snowflake. Moderators have been instructed to strictly enforce this rule.
    This is a club—a family, as some of you have said—and insulting other members of your family on a forum that is open for the world to see, will no longer be tolerated.
    Let's be respectful of one another.

Conchokid, Administrator

CONTENT RULES

These forums are here to provide members with a place to discuss matters relating to firearms, including their experiences with various products, the posting of questions and answers, and personal opinions on gun-related topics. There are forums for general firearm topics, personal defense and hunting. In addition, there is a forum dedicated to politics and Clubhouse, which is open for all subjects. Members should place their posts in the appropriate thread and forum.

A lively discussion is welcome here but there are a few rules we require members to follow:

Spam will not be tolerated. Forum members are allowed to personally endorse products but only if you are not associated with the product or its manufacturer in any way. People in the industry are invited to join in the discussions and to become members but are not allowed to hype their company’s products.

Keep it clean. These forums are open to everyone and are here to promote the shooting sports and the responsibilities of gun ownership. By everyone, we mean the whole family including women and children. If you would not say something in front of a 12 year old or their mom or grandmother, then don't say it here. Please avoid trying to override the profanity filter with clever abbreviations.

Second Amendment/Political forum. This is the place for the discussion of politics, including firearms legislation and regulation. A lively discussion of politics is encouraged, but comments should be carefully considered before hitting the "Reply to Thread" button. And please: no name-calling of other members. That is one of the quickest ways to get banned from the forum.

Religion. This is not the place to preach or to try to convert someone to your church or religion. You can say what you believe but please do not try to start a debate comparing one religion to another.

Illegal activity. It goes without saying that members of this forum should be aware of federal gun laws and those in their state and local jurisdiction. Make sure that all of your comments and suggestions fall within the law. Posts that encourage violation of gun or hunting regulations could get us all in serious trouble.

Trolling and flaming. If you come to our forums to start fights, insult people, gore sacred cows and in general, start trouble, expect to be banned. We enjoy lively and spirited discussion but Trolls are the lowest form of online life and will be dealt with in short order.

Re: Return of politics to this forum

It feels good to be back.

Just as griping is sometimes necessary, so is praise.... thank you G&A, Conchokid and mods.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin

Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Glad to see it back. Thank you.

Now to see if I wanna comment on a couple topics, it is tempting.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chief View Post
    Glad to see it back. Thank you.

Now to see if I wanna comment on a couple topics, it is tempting.
    I don't recall politics ever being removed from the Second Amendment/Politics forum

Although it shouldn't have happened in the first place, I'm very glad it was reconsidered. Thank you.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

I, for one, appreciate that the 'bosses' have taken the time to sort this all out.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock21 View Post
    I don't recall politics ever being removed from the Second Amendment/Politics forum
    You took the wrong week and a half off from the forum-- you missed it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    You took the wrong week and a half off from the forum-- you missed it all.
    That explains the 10 days without a new thread. I thought everyone was on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock21 View Post
    That explains the 10 days without a new thread. I thought everyone was on vacation.
    Now the monkey's on our back to keep it open. BTW guys, just thought I'd let you know, he said no goring of sacred cows. The .270 Win. is my sacred cow.

Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by conchokid View Post
    To All:

Upon further review by the moderators and administrator, the decision has been made to reinstate political comments in the Second Amendment Forum.
    Let me make it perfectly clear that the content rules must be followed. They are listed below.
    Due to the nature of political discussion, tempers can become heated and words are used before they are carefully considered. Members are expected to act like adults and police themselves. No name-calling of other members. Even Snowflake. Moderators have been instructed to strictly enforce this rule.
    This is a club—a family, as some of you have said—and insulting other members of your family on a forum that is open for the world to see, will no longer be tolerated.
    Let's be respectful of one another.

Conchokid, Administrator

CONTENT RULES

These forums are here to provide members with a place to discuss matters relating to firearms, including their experiences with various products, the posting of questions and answers, and personal opinions on gun-related topics. There are forums for general firearm topics, personal defense and hunting. In addition, there is a forum dedicated to politics and Clubhouse, which is open for all subjects. Members should place their posts in the appropriate thread and forum.

A lively discussion is welcome here but there are a few rules we require members to follow:

Spam will not be tolerated. Forum members are allowed to personally endorse products but only if you are not associated with the product or its manufacturer in any way. People in the industry are invited to join in the discussions and to become members but are not allowed to hype their company’s products.

Keep it clean. These forums are open to everyone and are here to promote the shooting sports and the responsibilities of gun ownership. By everyone, we mean the whole family including women and children. If you would not say something in front of a 12 year old or their mom or grandmother, then don't say it here. Please avoid trying to override the profanity filter with clever abbreviations.

Second Amendment/Political forum. This is the place for the discussion of politics, including firearms legislation and regulation. A lively discussion of politics is encouraged, but comments should be carefully considered before hitting the "Reply to Thread" button. And please: no name-calling of other members. That is one of the quickest ways to get banned from the forum.

Religion. This is not the place to preach or to try to convert someone to your church or religion. You can say what you believe but please do not try to start a debate comparing one religion to another.

Illegal activity. It goes without saying that members of this forum should be aware of federal gun laws and those in their state and local jurisdiction. Make sure that all of your comments and suggestions fall within the law. Posts that encourage violation of gun or hunting regulations could get us all in serious trouble.

Trolling and flaming. If you come to our forums to start fights, insult people, gore sacred cows and in general, start trouble, expect to be banned. We enjoy lively and spirited discussion but Trolls are the lowest form of online life and will be dealt with in short order.
    BTW Conchokid, thank you and the Mods for reconsidering. The political forum allowed me and others to vent about world events and various situations. I was about to burst because I really didn't have a vent pipe. If I look like I'm getting out of hand just slap me across the head real good and I'll get my memory back. You being a Texan knows what an East Texas Hearing Aid is I'm sure. A 2x4,
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    Now the monkey's on our back to keep it open. BTW guys, just thought I'd let you know, he said no goring of sacred cows. The .270 Win. is my sacred cow.

BEEF: It's what's for dinner.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

Hmmm. Back in the saddle again. Just do the Gene Autry rather than the Aerosmith version. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. db View Post
    Hmmm. Back in the saddle again. Just do the Gene Autry rather than the Aerosmith version. Got it.
    Yep. Pretty much.

Tip of the hat. You played that most excellently.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter

I have no reason to actually revisit them, but is there any way you mods can unlock those 2 pages of locked threads now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    I have no reason to actually revisit them, but is there any way you mods can unlock those 2 pages of locked threads now?
    I think it was decided to make a clean break, and the previously locked threads (which brought us to where we were), would remain locked.

Unless I completely misunderstood, that's how it is.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter