Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    Not to justify Arpaio's actions, but liberal politicians do it every day of the week. Ovomit did it for 8 years on a national level. Democrats are doing it to Trump now by using holdovers from the previous administration to harass and obstruct, so stop being so holier than thou.

Edited to add:
    OK, I've read the entire article from the USAToday. I only read the first couple of paragraphs at first and it seemed like more liberal tripe. After reading it through, there seems to be more evidence of a history of corruption than I first thought, so I'll withdraw my previous remarks about you being one of those knee-jerk libs. Apparently I'm guilty of the same thing, so on THIS one issue I apologize for jumping to my usual conclusions.
    Thanks. In my opinion he only seemed to really ramp up all his crackdowns on illegal immigration once he started taking heat for his shady dealing and abuse of authority. It helped solidify his base and made him a conservative hero which then helped insulate him from any legitimate criticism by his opponents. I can't blame him since it clearly worked well! Anyway, he's been ousted from power and pardoned. He's 85. Likely this is the last most of us will hear of him except for maybe a blip in the news cycle when he passes on.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Re: Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Quote Originally Posted by alphasigmookie View Post
    Thanks. In my opinion he only seemed to really ramp up all his crackdowns on illegal immigration once he started taking heat for his shady dealing and abuse of authority. It helped solidify his base and made him a conservative hero which then helped insulate him from any legitimate criticism by his opponents. I can't blame him since it clearly worked well! Anyway, he's been ousted from power and pardoned. He's 85. Likely this is the last most of us will hear of him except for maybe a blip in the news cycle when he passes on.
    Yeah, I agree. He had me as a believer. I just hope Trump doesn't try putting him on any advisory panels or the like.....LOL
    I DISLIKED COMMUNISTS BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAMES TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    No foolin'! I hope he "spills the beans"!

I don't know what the Hell he is - back in Y2K he made a lot of sense, now he only makes a lot of nonsense.
    Edited: Trying to post on two threads at once.
    Last edited by snake284; 09-04-2017 at 07:58 PM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Yeah, I agree. He had me as a believer. I just hope Trump doesn't try putting him on any advisory panels or the like.....LOL
    After he helped kill removing-replacing Obummer Care, I don't think you have to worry about Trump doing him anymore favors.

Oh never mind, I thought you were talking about McCain here. In my opinion Sheriff Joe was doing his job and got on the wrong side of a liberal judge.
    Last edited by snake284; 09-04-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    After he helped kill removing-replacing Obummer Care, I don't think you have to worry about Trump doing him anymore favors.
    We were talking about Sheriff Joe, not McCain.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    There are plenty of witnesses to what happened to John McCain in captivity, so I think your disdain is clouding your judgement. If it was not as he reported, that fact would have come out LONG ago.

No one imprisoned in Hanoi had it easy.

He is what he is, no less or no more.
    Yeah, what happened in the Hanoi Hilton is a matter of record because of all the others there. If that would have been John Kerry, he would have been at the camp commandants office every day spilling his guts to get off easy. But McCain would have been shot by his father if he'd done that.

As for McCain here lately, I think the cancer is eating his brain and causing him to go against his base.
    Last edited by snake284; 09-04-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    Sheriff Arpaio should never have been prosecuted/persecuted in the first place. He was doing his job.

As to McCain, I'm beginning to look at him like he may be a Manchurian Candidate. Not Republican, not Democrat, not RINO, but more like a closet communist.
    Welcome to law enforcement in 2017! Most of how law enforcement is treated is directly the responsibility of the Obama administration, especially when it comes to enforcing immigration, dealings with profiling and policing in urban communities. If you work in law enforcement, you are now the bad guy and even with cameras to prove no wrong doing, you are still tried and convicted. This happens with the indoctrination of liberal ideology in the courts where judges don't enforce law, they create it to fit an agenda. They need to follow the law letter by letter, or these things happen. It is time to get all these Obama hold overs out and this wont happen. Joe Aarpaio was made an example of because he embarrassed the prezidente of Kenya, nothing more.

We were talking about Sheriff Joe, not McCain.
    No, check out Zorba's post on the previous page.

USA Today i.
    "News" for the masses. Largely liberal tripe written at a third-grade reading level..,
    Last edited by Jayhawker; 09-04-2017 at 09:42 PM.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Welcome to law enforcement in 2017! Most of how law enforcement is treated is directly the responsibility of the Obama administration, especially when it comes to enforcing immigration, dealings with profiling and policing in urban communities. If you work in law enforcement, you are now the bad guy and even with cameras to prove no wrong doing, you are still tried and convicted. This happens with the indoctrination of liberal ideology in the courts where judges don't enforce law, they create it to fit an agenda. They need to follow the law letter by letter, or these things happen. It is time to get all these Obama hold overs out and this wont happen. Joe Aarpaio was made an example of because he embarrassed the prezidente of Kenya, nothing more.
    Obama was slamming LE from pretty much day one.

One thing about the county in which Joe Arpaio was sheriff that the lame stream media ignored for years is that Maricopa County was and is the area for drug distribution from across the border to all points on the compass. He and the deputies had a full plate with that plus all the illegal immigration going through there, along with the normal LE duties in a high population area. They were like the one legged man at a butt kicking contest and the media was all over them for enforcing Arizona law plus working with BP and ICE. No way he was going to get a break on that from Obama and the media.
    "Tyranny is wonderfully ingenious in the art of inventing specious phrases to spread over its nefarious designs." From the book Tyranny Unmasked by John Taylor of Caloline County, VA. 1821

I wonder if there might have been a little drug money being doled out to the judges and prosecutors who were responsible for harassing him? It wouldn't be the first time corrupt officials got a little revenge on a straight arrow LEO. How about "Serpico"- - - -corrupt Noo Yawk cops got him injured and ultimately medically retired, didn't they?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    "When a man's down, KICK HIM! If he survives it he can rise above it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    I wonder if there might have been a little drug money being doled out to the judges and prosecutors who were responsible for harassing him? It wouldn't be the first time corrupt officials got a little revenge on a straight arrow LEO. How about "Serpico"- - - -corrupt Noo Yawk cops got him injured and ultimately medically retired, didn't they?
    Jerry
    Bwaahhahahahhahaahhahahahahah! Sheriff Joe was FAR from a straight arrow. There aren't more than a handful of things I've been able to convince Make_My_Day of in our decade or so of butting heads here, but the fact that Joe is decidedly NOT a straight arrow is one of them.
    -DoctorWho

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    "News" for the masses. Largely liberal tripe written at a third-grade reading level..,
    Most news is written at a 5th grade level. Here is another USA Today affiliated opinion piece. It must be liberal tripe...
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/opinio...ode/629158001/

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    Most news is written at a 5th grade level. ]
    Which is the reason I rarely read newspapers anymore.....USA Today is the newspaper version of People magazine..,
    Last edited by Jayhawker; 09-05-2017 at 12:22 AM.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Which is the reason I rarely read newspapers anymore....
    The BBC news website seems to be cultivating a penchant for short video stories with subtitles and lift background music.

Joy.
    Last edited by shush; 09-05-2017 at 08:06 AM. Reason: [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp View Post
    ..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.
    I'll never hear the end of this.
    ...But seriously Shush....

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    Most news is written at a 5th grade level. Here is another USA Today affiliated opinion piece. It must be liberal tripe...
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/opinio...ode/629158001/
    That was not an "opinion piece." It was a direct quote from Trump's speech in Springfield, MO. Nonetheless, I am surprised they printed it.
    I DISLIKED COMMUNISTS BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAMES TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES

Sometimes the NY Times, Washington Post, USA Today, etc. will publish editorials and opinion pieces that do not reflect the expected viewpoint. It is up to us to sort the truth from the crap. Liberal or conservative-- they all have their hidden agendas.

Just putting this out there, but they advise most folks who write anything for public consumption to write at a 5th grade reading level, and have done so for quite some time. That includes press releases, safety bulletins, etc.
    Overkill is underrated.

Conducting massive sweeps for illegal aliens may have gained him widespread conservative media attention and money, as well as the votes of all the snowbirds throughout the county, but it didn't keep people safe and it took resources away from dealing with the real crime problems in the county.
    The Sheriff might not be an angel but it is disingenuous to ignore that most of the "real" crime problems in the county had as a source the illegals he was trying to sweep out of the county...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    Sheriff Arpaio should never have been prosecuted/persecuted in the first place. He was doing his job.

As to McCain, I'm beginning to look at him like he may be a Manchurian Candidate. Not Republican, not Democrat, not RINO, but more like a closet communist.
    That was my first thought when he announced he was running for POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al1 View Post
    There used to be two major daily papers in Milwaukee, the Journal and the Sentinel. They merged and are called the Journal/Sentinel. I call the paper the UrinalScent!
    Something similar in Salem, Oregon. Their morning paper was the Statesman and afternoon was the Capitol Journal. Years ago they merged and have since been rightfully called The Statesman's Urinal. Our 'Governess' and at least 80% of our state legislature should be flushed down it.

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    Just putting this out there, but they advise most folks who write anything for public consumption to write at a 5th grade reading level, and have done so for quite some time. That includes press releases, safety bulletins, etc.
    That 5th grade reading level was the rule when I was writing assembly/operating manuals for the disc harrows, field cultivators, and disc plows the company I worked for manufactured. It was also the rule for writing procedures in nuclear power when I did a few stints of writing procedures. Both place had an actual manual for writing those documents. It hurts the brain to write at that level. And with the farm equipment, we had to include a LOT of pictures, a lot of repetition, and a lot of bold type. And the people that sold the equipment, and the people that operated the equipment STILL SCREWED IT UP BADLY. On the bright side, I got to travel all over the U.S. on service calls and equipment rebuilds with the R&D crew to fix what got broken due to those screwups.
    "Tyranny is wonderfully ingenious in the art of inventing specious phrases to spread over its nefarious designs." From the book Tyranny Unmasked by John Taylor of Caloline County, VA. 1821