Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

  1. #1
    Senior Member snake284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,427

    Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    President Donald J Trump is number one in Texas and I think his numbers are sky rocketing here this week. He's already been down here in the Trenches twice this week. Everywhere he goes there's people following and waving and smiling. Blacks, Hispanics, Bolios (Local for white guys) all love him. Now not all love him here, but some of every bunch loves him here. And I will say a vast Majority here love him. He knows how to interact with the common guy. He says the right things and even has a knack for knowing the local language or rather picks up on it well. If he could just kick that thick ass New Yawk Accent you wouldn't know him from a local. But even at that, Trump bees da man in Texas.
    Last edited by snake284; 09-02-2017 at 11:17 PM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,585

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    He lost Houston by like ten points. Wonder if they would vote for him now
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

  3. #3
    Senior Member early's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Thornton CO
    Posts
    4,316

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    The news media was knocking him on the radio. One guy finally spoke up and said hey he's show'd up and the people know they have big support. I don't particularly care for Trump, but I sure ain't going to knock someone for doing good.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,856

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    He did well and he's learning. He's not an intuitive politician in a political job. But he's learning to be a politician, which some will attach a negative jacket to. But since I can remember, all presidential candidates and winners have been governors, senators, etc....in other words, politicians. It takes a certain skill to be one, and I think DT is learning to relate to people...hugging, shaking hands, handing out meals and water. I think he did fine on his first visit, but the MSM didn't love his performance. I think he visited without interfering with the rescue efforts going on.

    He's my pres. I don't love him, but respect him for what he's done. Obama was also my pres, who I didn't like or particularly respect. Got to take one for the team.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

  5. #5
    Senior Member cpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MOzambique
    Posts
    34,374

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    A president, any president who shows up at a disaster area is nothing more than a distraction. Sure maybe it's a morale boost for week minded people who need a hero in the form of a suit and tie, but all in all it's a giant pain in the ass for local law enforcement. He was recently here in town and it was a cluster frig. Roads closed, butt loads of law enforcement everywhere. All of those folks have jobs to do on a regular day, let alone when one of the worst floods in history is in progress.
    I'd rather see a president come in TV, make a speech and specifically say that he is staying away so as not to cause a distraction.
    But that's me and I hate politicians in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

    I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

  6. #6
    Member Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Sparta New Jersey
    Posts
    265

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    You can say what you want about the man, but he genuinely cares about the people unlike Obama and the mooch. The lame press will do whatever it takes to discredit this man, including ranting about his wife wearing high heeled shoes. Personally, I find it refreshing that we have a president who is doing the job for free, for his country and fellow Americans. I don't know when it was, but Donald Trump bailed out farmers years ago who were being foreclosed on. He didn't take the credit for helping the people, nor did he ask for anything in return. I will vote for him again in a heartbeat.

  7. #7
    Senior Member timc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,780

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    I think he has done more than our last several presidents, if the dems and the media would let their BS go he could be the best we ever had.

    Max Trump hes my man.jpg
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

  8. #8
    Senior Member breamfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Living in a van, down by the river.
    Posts
    11,900

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    A president, any president who shows up at a disaster area is nothing more than a distraction. Sure maybe it's a morale boost for week minded people who need a hero in the form of a suit and tie, but all in all it's a giant pain in the ass for local law enforcement. He was recently here in town and it was a cluster frig. Roads closed, butt loads of law enforcement everywhere. All of those folks have jobs to do on a regular day, let alone when one of the worst floods in history is in progress.
    I'd rather see a president come in TV, make a speech and specifically say that he is staying away so as not to cause a distraction.
    But that's me and I hate politicians in general.
    Very true. But he needs to be shown "doing something." At least that's what his people think, and maybe even he thinks.

    And I thought the same thing about Presidents Bush and Obama visiting disasters. It's not partisan or personal, it's practical.
    Overkill is underrated.

  9. #9
    Senior Member tennmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under a log
    Posts
    19,648

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    I'd rather see Trump down in Texas checking on FEMA doing their job, talking with the Governor and mayors to get their concerns and input on what kind of help they need, and making sure FEMA gets the word on than that than to see him do what Obama did during Hurricane Sandy. Obama was out campaigning in the aftermath of Sandy.

    It's really the job of the local officials to direct what needs doing, and FEMA supplies and supports them in that effort. Texas is doing a good job with this; it isn't the first time they've had to deal with hurricane damage, but the flooding is way worse than they've ever really experienced.

    So the POTUS goes down there on scene to listen to needs and show that the government really is concerned and wants to help. Something to be said about boosting morale in a disaster. And he reached into his own pocket and put out $1 million to the relief effort. I'll fault him where it's due, but he's trying to make things better and at least concerned enough to go see personally that the Governor and mayors are getting what they need from the government. I can find no fault in that.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Senior Member bisley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    8,819

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    I have never liked the guy, and may never like him. But, I believe he is sincere about trying to do a good job, and I want him to succeed as a president. He is the first in a long time to buck a screwed up system, and try to fix it. I'll continue to bitch about the guy when he pisses me off, but I'll vote for him against most of the current politicians.

    As for his trip to Texas, I think he handled it pretty well.

  11. #11
    Senior Member snake284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    Quote Originally Posted by BAMAAK View Post
    He lost Houston by like ten points. Wonder if they would vote for him now
    He may have lost Houston Proper, but a lot of the burbs around Houston he won. He won the area, but not the city. Because the city is mostly all Dems. Most big cities are, and Houston is the fourth largest in the country.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Teach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dellrose TN
    Posts
    17,228

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    Trump could walk on those flood waters to comfort the victims, and feed all of them with five loaves of bread and two fish, and the whiny vaginas would still bitch about something. Ignore them, and let him do his thing. Monday morning quarterbacking is pretty much a losers' game.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

  13. #13
    Senior Member snake284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Trump could walk on those flood waters to comfort the victims, and feed all of them with five loaves of bread and two fish, and the whiny vaginas would still bitch about something. Ignore them, and let him do his thing. Monday morning quarterbacking is pretty much a losers' game.
    Jerry
    Very good Teach. I will say I get sick of all their BS and he could do even greater miracles and the Libtards would still bitch, but in the end, when the sun comes up and the clouds are gone and the water level is down, he's gonna be a hero to those that count.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

  14. #14
    Senior Member snake284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    Damn double post.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

  15. #15
    Senior Member breamfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Living in a van, down by the river.
    Posts
    11,900

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    I'd rather see Trump down in Texas checking on FEMA doing their job, talking with the Governor and mayors to get their concerns and input on what kind of help they need, and making sure FEMA gets the word on than that than to see him do what Obama did during Hurricane Sandy. Obama was out campaigning in the aftermath of Sandy.

    It's really the job of the local officials to direct what needs doing, and FEMA supplies and supports them in that effort. Texas is doing a good job with this; it isn't the first time they've had to deal with hurricane damage, but the flooding is way worse than they've ever really experienced.

    So the POTUS goes down there on scene to listen to needs and show that the government really is concerned and wants to help. Something to be said about boosting morale in a disaster. And he reached into his own pocket and put out $1 million to the relief effort. I'll fault him where it's due, but he's trying to make things better and at least concerned enough to go see personally that the Governor and mayors are getting what they need from the government. I can find no fault in that.
    But he just doesn't have two options. He could stay in DC and check on stuff. His presence there isn't really "needed." And having prepped for when VIPs show up for other stuff, I can tell you, for even an hour's worth of time you have several man-days spent getting stuff ready, cleaning it up, making sure stuff is "pretty" and just generally doing a bunch of busy work that keeps someone from doing the recovery efforts. It can also equipment off the job for a few days that could otherwise be used in recovery. That's why I say he doesn't have to come down.

    Edited to add: do I think he's wrong to come to Texas? NO! I just think it's an unreal, and somewhat uninformed expectation that people have when they expect someone important to show up at this sort of thing. I actually blame society for having the expectation, and then not being willing to listen to folks when they (rightly, in my mind) point out that that person doesn't meet that expectation which should never have been made in the first place.
    Last edited by breamfisher; 09-03-2017 at 11:56 PM.
    Overkill is underrated.

  16. #16
    Moderator Wambli Ska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Working on my tan!
    Posts
    22,732

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    With the press, and with quite a few folks, he's an impediment if he goes there and unsympathetic if he doesn't.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

  17. #17
    Senior Member breamfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Living in a van, down by the river.
    Posts
    11,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    With the press, and with quite a few folks, he's an impediment if he goes there and unsympathetic if he doesn't.
    Oh, that's true. That Far Side cartoon comes to mind, again. It's really true for all Presidents. I just wish folks had realistic expectations.


    Oh, and I realize to some msy feel I fall into the "he's a hindrance category" with what I said. Maybe, but I also realize that as a leadership function the President has to be there even if it causes problems for the workers.

    Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by breamfisher; 09-04-2017 at 01:21 AM.
    Overkill is underrated.

  18. #18
    Senior Member early's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Thornton CO
    Posts
    4,316

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    Oh, that's true. That Far Side cartoon comes to mind, again. It's really true for all Presidents. I just wish folks had realistic expectations.

    Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    I think alot of the public likely does. The general media is a very misleading gauge of public opinion.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12,568

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    Bush got a lot of heat over not landing down there after Katrina-- even though he did do the right thing. That said, there is nothing Trump can do in Texas that he can't do in DC, but I do not hold that against him at all-- like it has been pointed out, that is kind of an expectation. The Federal response so far appears as good as can be expected. Obviously, I have my disagreements about Trump, but this isn't one of them and I am hoping that politics stays out of this natural disaster as much as possible.
    Last edited by Jermanator; 09-04-2017 at 02:15 AM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member sgtrock21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    With the press, and with quite a few folks, he's an impediment if he goes there and unsympathetic if he doesn't.
    Excellent response.

  21. #21
    Senior Member Make_My_Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lake County, Florida
    Posts
    5,744

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Trump could walk on those flood waters to comfort the victims, and feed all of them with five loaves of bread and two fish, and the whiny vaginas would still bitch about something. Ignore them, and let him do his thing. Monday morning quarterbacking is pretty much a losers' game.
    Jerry
    You know when the MSM is so desperate, that they will bitch about the kind of shoes the 1st Lady wears for a plane ride. What a pack of losers!!
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

  22. #22
    Moderator Wambli Ska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Working on my tan!
    Posts
    22,732

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    Oh, that's true. That Far Side cartoon comes to mind, again. It's really true for all Presidents. I just wish folks had realistic expectations.


    Oh, and I realize to some msy feel I fall into the "he's a hindrance category" with what I said. Maybe, but I also realize that as a leadership function the President has to be there even if it causes problems for the workers.

    Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    One of my favorites and a real exmple of human nature...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

  23. #23
    Senior Member snake284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: Trump Number One and Trying Harder

    Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    But he just doesn't have two options. He could stay in DC and check on stuff. His presence there isn't really "needed." And having prepped for when VIPs show up for other stuff, I can tell you, for even an hour's worth of time you have several man-days spent getting stuff ready, cleaning it up, making sure stuff is "pretty" and just generally doing a bunch of busy work that keeps someone from doing the recovery efforts. It can also equipment off the job for a few days that could otherwise be used in recovery. That's why I say he doesn't have to come down.

    Edited to add: do I think he's wrong to come to Texas? NO! I just think it's an unreal, and somewhat uninformed expectation that people have when they expect someone important to show up at this sort of thing. I actually blame society for having the expectation, and then not being willing to listen to folks when they (rightly, in my mind) point out that that person doesn't meet that expectation which should never have been made in the first place.
    Yeah But! Bush tried that. He stayed back and depended on his Homeland Security chief and others and he tried to stay out of the way and attend to other matters, but what did it get him? Crucified in the Media. Some of Bush's people dropped the ball big time and left him holding his jock in his teeth. Not that Trump gives a big crap about what the media thinks, but the people do and too many take their cue from them. In my opinion he did need to come here. And with Trump it's nothing for him to come. Hell he spent the day down here and in Louisiana, and was back in DC before dark. Trump's got the energy to make a 16 hour day so you know he came back and finished most of what he started. He's a workaholic in fluid motion. The guy never stops. You can choose not to like him, but you gotta love some or most of the things he does.
    Last edited by snake284; 09-04-2017 at 05:37 AM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •