Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Service mishap:(

Hybrid View

Car Service mishap:(

Ok, my sad rant for today....

I am stuck at the ford dealer today for a recall on Jason's truck. Jason left a loaded weapon in his truck and I didn't know about it, so the service manager called the police. Now I am not sure what's going on, I am freezing in the air conditioning and so not ready to have my mugshot taken...... didn't do my makeup or hair!

Long story short, I got detained until state police took the weapon and the boy had splainin to do, and still does when he gets home. I was in tears because I live in New Jersey and didn't want to get arrested and panicked lol. Last time I do any favors for anyone! To add insult to injury, everyone left and I'm still waiting for the recall thingie to get fixed. FML!
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

Re: Car Service mishap:(

I'm sorry you live under a communist dictatorship...
    Overkill is underrated.

Thank you! It's absolutely unbelievable here.

Where was the weapon in the truck?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

I thought Jason was a cop. Wouldn't that be sufficient explanation?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    I thought Jason was a cop. Wouldn't that be sufficient explanation?
    He is, but I am not. They took his gun and he's in trouble. It was in the glove box and they are super strict about loose weapons. The officers that came out were very nice, but the state guys who took it were not so friendly.

If you lived in America, the service manager and half the shop mechanics would have engaged you in a conversation about their own carry choices and the repair on the truck would have gotten delayed while they argued about the merits of 9MM VS .40 VS .45. Only people of limited mental capacity live in those hellholes where people don't believe in freedom. How does it feel to be a dummy?

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Whatever happened to "mind your own dang beeswax"? I would be all over the service manager for hiring cowards. I worked in the PRNJ for years. I crawled over or moved all kinds of handguns and rifles including AR's and other weapons on nightstands and under beds. If you didnt want to touch the plastic truncheon, you flipped it aside with a screwdriver. Normally into the walking area. Once you went out to the truck it was normally gone and the mistress of the house was red faced.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

When I worked in a shop while in college, it was incredibly common to come across guns in cars. It almost never got a mention unless it was something really cool.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

New Jersey is a little draconian on their firearms laws. You're lucky you didn't get arrested. And I wouldn't want to be Jason when he gets home! Y'all really need to consider a move to a free(r) state.

Last time I was at the Toyota dealership in Knoxville for a recall on the catalytic converter I told the service manager that there was a pistol in the glove box and to leave it alone. (.44 Mag single action for close encounters of the absurd kind.) No problem! And it was undisturbed when the catalytic converter had been replaced and the truck returned to me.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Reason: Explanation of why something happened.
    Excuse: Explanation of why something happened with the emphasis on explaining away a personal fault.
    Make sure your explanations for staying in NJ are reasons. Also we should not assume SigGal is making excuses for her when they would be for some of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. db View Post
    Excuse: Explanation of why something happened with the emphasis on explaining away a personal fault.
    Make sure your explanations for staying in NJ are reasons. Also we should not assume SigGal is making excuses for her when they would be for some of us.
    I must be having a blonde moment because I don't understand. I don't make excuses for you guys..... I'm still trying to figure you all out lol. My reasons for staying in New Jersey are pretty clear I thought, and that is because we both have family here, and more importantly Jason loves his job and doesn't want to leave it. I spend a lot of time in Canada, so leaving to me isn't as much of an issue. I love Jason and will make sacrifices as long as he is happy. When the time is right we are out of here for sure, and I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by SIGgal View Post
    I don't make excuses for you guys.
    Haven't you realized that there are no excuses for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    Haven't you realized that there are no excuses for us?
    Lmao! That's part of the problem. I live with a boy and still can't figure him out..... and there is absolutely no excuses with that one!

I live with a boy and still can't figure him out...
    Shoot, I live with a girl and I still can't figure her out - even after 33 years! I wouldn't trade her for anything, but sometimes I swear I married an alien...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

I live with a boy and still can't figure him out.
    Sex, beer, and food. In that order. Now you know all the secrets there is to know about the mystery of men. Women?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. db View Post
    So what you are saying is Jason has to blame Sig for the error.

Sarge to Jason "What on earth were you thinking? How dumb can you be? We have to go out of our way to excuse this, what were you thinking!!!????"
    Jason "Sarge, my fiance is blonde."
    Sarge "Ok Jason, we understand."

I must be having a blonde moment because I don't understand. I don't make excuses for you guys..... I'm still trying to figure you all out lol. My reasons for staying in New Jersey are pretty clear I thought, and that is because we both have family here, and more importantly Jason loves his job and doesn't want to leave it. I spend a lot of time in Canada, so leaving to me isn't as much of an issue. I love Jason and will make sacrifices as long as he is happy. When the time is right we are out of here for sure, and I can't wait!

Some here are treating your reasons, and I believe they are reasons, as if they are excuses.

There is no VIN in the glovebox

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

He went into the glove box to get the insurance and registration cards as well as the recall notice..... it's where Jason shoves everything. I'm still not sure why they would need that, the dealership has all that information I thought. Anyway, it's over and I will never go back there.

They would need the vin for the recall, and the other information to fill in the pw like name address that is on the registration for the recall. Possibly though it is a NJ thing where they have to check the reg and ins to see if the car needs impounded.

If you are staying in the state, why not go back to that dealership? Honestly you are in one of the better parts of that state, do you think it will change in the next 40 years of working there?

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    They would need the vin for the recall, and the other information to fill in the pw like name address that is on the registration for the recall. Possibly though it is a NJ thing where they have to check the reg and ins to see if the car needs impounded.

If you are staying in the state, why not go back to that dealership? Honestly you are in one of the better parts of that state, do you think it will change in the next 40 years of working there?
    The dealership is a good hour from where we live, and it's by the city. I was very uncomfortable going there alone to begin with. It was not a good neighborhood either, and traffic is very heavy. We have tons of dealerships by us that would be much easier anyway, but his family buys everything there. In 40 years we will have been long term residents of another state. He will only be 42 when he will retire with a $100,000 year pension.

The dealership is a good hour from where we live, and it's by the city. I was very uncomfortable going there alone to begin with. It was not a good neighborhood either, and traffic is very heavy. We have tons of dealerships by us that would be much easier anyway, but his family buys everything there. In 40 years we will have been long term residents of another state. He will only be 42 when he will retire with a $100,000 year pension.
    Lots of states are having trouble meeting their expenses on their pensions, mine included. If it sounds too good to be true.......
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    Yeah, but you're living in Tennessee, where according to Teach and Tennmike, the LEOs are instutionally crooked, and the education system is slightly higher than that of Kenya with a high-school degree a major accomplishment where you can write your own check in state government. Schoolrooms are dangerous and you take your life in your hands to walk downtown in Nashville. Roads are awful and the big cities are dangerous, and to get basic needs like a pair of overalls, you have to go to a large city and take your life in your own hands.

I understand Teach's view may be distorted from the many motor wrecks he's had which no doubt affected his judgement. :)

But hey, you can carry a gun and are likely to need it. And there is no income tax.

Except for the gun and tax part you also described parts of NJ!

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    The only thing that comes to mind is labor unions. Same for New Jersey.
    Could be "public safety." Jersey has some pretty restrictive laws in the name of that sacred cow.
    Fer instance- you can't go canoeing or kayaking without wearing a life jacket. Regardless of age.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Overkill is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    Could be "public safety." Jersey has some pretty restrictive laws in the name of that sacred cow.
    Fer instance- you can't go canoeing or kayaking without wearing a life jacket. Regardless of age.
    Pumping gas is an environmental concern. Peasants spill gas and the "professionals" do not.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by CaliFFL View Post
    Pumping gas is an environmental concern. Peasants spill gas and the "professionals" do not.
    I'm the DH that would have them fill a gas can, then spill it all over the ground. "Oops. My bad!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliFFL View Post

And because the goal isn't to solve the problem, rather the goal is to, "Leave the illusion that you care." lots of data, if it exists, that shows consumers don't spill as much as a highly trained gasoline dispensation engineer would be ignored.

Car Service mishap😞

At some point, those roles could reverse. Mostly what's keeping us here are aging parents with health issues and We are their only support system. Unfortunately, our exit plan now is either their passing or other unpredictable circumstances.

Right now, sounds like you are staying put for you. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Will Rogers

Re: Car Service mishap😞

Quote Originally Posted by TrueTone911 View Post
    At some point, those roles could reverse. Mostly what's keeping us here are aging parents with health issues and We are their only support system. Unfortunately, our exit plan now is either their passing or other unpredictable circumstances.

Right now, sounds like you are staying put for you. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I am, but I don't know anything other than here and I'm afraid to leave. If things were different with our careers I would be ready to move on, but for now this will remain home. I'm not liking being all grown up at all!