Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Service mishap:(

Re: Car Service mishap:(

Man that sucks, my dealer would have called and said "hey, got
    Something you need to pick up"and that would be the end of it.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

I would not live there! My car, my stuff! Don't go digging around looking! I'm sure if it were a bag of pot they would have just taken it and never said anything. I could never live a place where a law abiding citizen is treated as a criminal, you just about became one....... give that a ponder.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Glad that you're putting down roots...but remember that you both have highly marketable skills anywhere in free America......
    Let's not forget that for the next forty years or so, you'll be giving an extra 5.5% of the money you earn to the state. There are seven states that don't have a state income tax and you're both young enough to relocate and start over. Flip the house and run away.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

I'm sorry for the ordeal you had to endure, doesn't sound fun.

But, you need to get out of there. Pension? You're too young to worry about that. Cops and teachers are everywhere. Free places, with lower costs of living, and

If my mechanic said one word about a gun in my truck, I'd rip his ass, and never return. Arrested? Confiscated? No way.
    Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    It might not be more accurate, but why introduce accuracy to a discussion about inaccuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by SIGgal View Post
    its too late Zorba. We bought property and are building our first real home together. We are in it until we can collect our pensions. In New Jersey you have to live in state if you are in the pension system.
    The cost of living that you save moving to anywhere in America will trump anything you get of of a NJ pension that you have just a couple years into. I did the math 20 years ago. Took a large pay cut and gave up buku overtime opportunities, and still brought more home on average allowing the wife to stay home with the kids. The property will sell and if you put nothing down, you dont have anything to lose.
    Depending on how it goes for the guy, you might have a single income in the near future.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    I have zero sympathy for anyone who chooses to live where basic human rights are ignored with impunity. That goes double for people who whine about it.
    Jerry
    Thanks, means a lot. At least I know where I stand with you Teach, and I sure as hell am not looking for your sympathy. We both would like to leave this state, but for now all our family is here and I don't see that as a handicap.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

Feel very sorry for you but hey, we need cops and teachers down here too. Just a thought...

When I have my car serviced I entertain myself playing "what are you carrying today" with the service manager (who belongs to my club) the service consultants and all the mechanics
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Fat Boy Gov hasn't done a lot to ease gun restrictions has he? He said once the Dems tied his hands in the state legislature????

I wonder if those draconian gun laws are a result of the "Roaring 20s" gangsters and the Mafia............little good they do in the great scheme of things to reduce crime.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

We both would like to leave this state, but for now all our family is here and I don't see that as a handicap.
    Jersey isn't that big, go over the line to a freer state - obviously, NOT New York!

You have NO idea what a relief it was to get the Hell out of Commiefornia - the Liberal PCBS was just suffocating!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Thanks, means a lot. At least I know where I stand with you Teach, and I sure as hell am not looking for your sympathy. We both would like to leave this state, but for now all our family is here and I don't see that as a handicap.
    We were 50 before we came out of the ether and realized how terrible this place is...that was just 4 years ago. Takes a little time and effort to dig up 50 years of roots, but we're still digging.

Glad you didn't get arrested. I believe that young man owes you, at the very least, a very nice romantic dinner.
    Last edited by TrueTone911; 09-07-2017 at 02:58 AM.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Will Rogers

Family being where you are is as much a hinderance as a help. Best advice ever given (but unfortunately not followed) to me was after marriage to move as FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE from your parents and in laws. Kinda thought that advice silly at first. Now, not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Glad that you're putting down roots...but remember that you both have highly marketable skills anywhere in free America......
    And with decent retirement benefits. Austin has some of the highest paid cops and teachers in the country, FYI
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Family being where you are is as much a hinderance as a help. Best advice ever given (but unfortunately not followed) to me was after marriage to move as FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE from your parents and in laws. Kinda thought that advice silly at first. Now, not so much.
    Yep....this....nothing like having the in-laws drop by in the middle of the only tender moment you've had in a couple of months.....I have found that three hours is a minimally acceptable buffer zone....
    Last edited by Jayhawker; 09-07-2017 at 02:48 AM.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Yep....this....nothing like having the in-laws drop by in the middle of the only tender moment you've had in a couple of months.....I have found that three hours is a minimally acceptable buffer zone....
    Used to have 3 hours, now 1.5-ish. Not enough, but on the other hand when I'm forced to visit it's a short drive. And, it's far enough to prevent them from just "dropping by".

They can wait two minutes on the front stoop...
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Damn, tough crowd. Sorry to hear about your day.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    The cost of living that you save moving to anywhere in America will trump anything you get of of a NJ pension that you have just a couple years into. I did the math 20 years ago. Took a large pay cut and gave up buku overtime opportunities, and still brought more home on average allowing the wife to stay home with the kids. The property will sell and if you put nothing down, you dont have anything to lose.
    Depending on how it goes for the guy, you might have a single income in the near future.
    Well, according to the NJAG Guidelines that is possible but Law enforcement protects its own here mafia style, and his union won't allow that. We shall see, but once they are done reviewing this oversight, anything is possible. If he does lose his job, everything will have to sell. My salary won't be able to cover the mortgage alone, at least for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIRO1989 View Post
    They can wait two minutes on the front stoop...
    That long!
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp View Post
    ..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.
    I'll never hear the end of this.
    ...But seriously Shush....

I sold cars for about two years when I was laid off from the oilfield. I lost count of the numbers of times I helped a customer move guns from his trade in to his new car. Never an issue, and led to some interesting conversations. But then, this is Texas.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Yep. I moved far away from all family 10 years ago. I'm just now starting to like them again.

SIGgal - Sorry about your misfortune...but...like others here, I bailed out of a crappy state and left it all behind. Sold the house, left my extended family, friends, job, and dragged the wife and kids to rural Idaho. We were forced to rely on each other (versus pulling favors from my parents, aunts, uncles, friends) and it has made my kids very self-reliant.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by CaliFFL View Post
    Yep. I moved far away from all family 10 years ago. I'm just now starting to like them again.

SIGgal - Sorry about your misfortune...but...like others here, I bailed out of a crappy state and left it all behind. Sold the house, left my extended family, friends, job, and dragged the wife and kids to rural Idaho. We were forced to rely on each other (versus pulling favors from my parents, aunts, uncles, friends) and it has made my kids very self-reliant.
    I spend a lot of time away from family lol. I usually spend months in Canada and Love going to.Vegas. Just happens this is where Jason got a job and because of the pension system and our fat butt Governor, this is where we have to live. I want to go to Tennessee and shop around in the near future for when I make my millions.

I spend a lot of time away from family lol. I usually spend months in Canada and Love going to.Vegas. Just happens this is where Jason got a job and because of the pension system and our fat butt Governor, this is where we have to live. I want to go to Tennessee and shop around in the near future for when I make my millions.
    You have a degree, you're overqualified to teach in TN.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

When enough productive people leave that state, they'll get the message.
    Move to Free America.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAAK View Post
    Burn!
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

I just felt Teach open up his gun safe. I'd start running now unless you want to die well rested
    Last edited by Wambli Ska; 09-08-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Lmao! You guys make me laugh. Them good ol boys need learning too you know. Not sure I'm feeling the overalls and Purdy mouf comments I may be subjected to though.

NO INCOME TAX IN TN. Cost of living is a LOT lower, as is nice housing. Just stay away from Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, and Chattanooga for a place to live; they're all four infested with stoopid Liberals. Lots of medium sized towns that would be good for y'all to live in, and your feller could maybe get a posting with the TN Highway Patrol. They have a pretty good retirement system. Other Southern states are similar as to cost of living. It ain't what you make, but what you can buy with what you make.

Like you got room to talk, Bama Boy!
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Well, according to the NJAG Guidelines that is possible but Law enforcement protects its own here mafia style, and his union won't allow that.
    Sounds like a case of all animals are equal, but some are more equal.
    Stupid laws are stupid laws. But, laws are laws. To be followed by most folks.

May is a great time to visit Tennessee, Memorial Day weekend is best
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Reason: Explanation of why something happened.
    Excuse: Explanation of why something happened with the emphasis on explaining away a personal fault.
    Make sure your explanations for staying in NJ are reasons. Also we should not assume SigGal is making excuses for her when they would be for some of us.