Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentines suggestions fella's

Re: Valentines suggestions fella's

Quote Originally Posted by SIGgal View Post
    Sounds about right Mike lol. But...... what is a Moody Blues? I may just be gererationally challenged :)
    Damn.
    That's the problem with these young folks they remind you how old you are.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    Damn.
    That's the problem with these young folks they remind you how old you are.
    Lol. If it makes you feel better, old people do have much better music lol.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

One month shy of 43 years ago, I was so proud of myself for remembering my first anniversary. I stopped by Eckert's (drug store) and picked up the most expensive gift they had, a Water Pik (for cleaning teeth) and presented it to my bride, with a big smile. She looked at it, looked at me, and sweetly spoke, "Are my teeth dirty? Do I have bad breath?"

The next year, I was mulling this over, while working as a land surveyor, along a county road, next to a cemetery. I saw a bunch of plastic yellow roses that had been tossed in the road ditch after a year or so of exposure to the elements. For a joke, I picked them up and stuck them in a 'No Deposit - No Return' Coke bottle and later presented them to my wife as a joke, so I could tell her that I had not forgotten, but hadn't been able to get her a present. She loved it...go figure.

It isn't the present that melts us like butter. It is knowing that our guys love us and think about us that is romantic. It could be a little love note, or maybe stay home from work one day to spend the day with her. It's the personal things like the thought that we enjoy.

It isn't the present that melts us like butter. It is knowing that our guys love us and think about us that is romantic. It could be a little love note, or maybe stay home from work one day to spend the day with her. It's the personal things like the thought that we enjoy.
    Pretty much. My wife was just *SO* happy and grateful that I got the generator hooked up! Who knew?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    Pretty much. My wife was just *SO* happy and grateful that I got the generator hooked up! Who knew?
    My wife gets angry if I get her gifts. Imagine the trouble I would be in if I didn't get her something she didn't want?

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    That would be wives AND daughters...
    In that order!

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    In that order!
    Yep...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Sounds about right Mike lol. But...... what is a Moody Blues? I may just be gererationally challenged :)
    I can't even........................ Go to Youtube and search Moody Blues. Nights in White Satin is a good start.

Nights in White Satin live performance.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjUqfRrWwcM

Question (one of my favorites)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP9iOqdxS8c

Your Wildest Dreams
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmmPFrkuPq0

Eyes of a Child
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVBfsJ7SoxI
    "Tyranny is wonderfully ingenious in the art of inventing specious phrases to spread over its nefarious designs." From the book Tyranny Unmasked by John Taylor of Caloline County, VA. 1821

Valentines, her Birthday and Mothers Day mean pampering the Queen for at least a day, usually a weekend. Gifts are not very impressive to my wife because she pretty much buys whatever she wants/needs so I usually just give her a shopping allowance for the holiday that she uses at her discretion because apparently I'm unable to shop for her taste.

BUT, she starts her day with flowers, cards, at least some small token gifts that I think she'll like and a fancy home made breakfast in bed (last year it was lobster stuffed crepes, yes I'm a pretty good cook) and a Mimosa. Then we go shopping for the day at her choice of stores and in the evening we have a NICE dinner at her restaurant of choice. These simple jestures get me a WHOLE year of assorted meals in bed for no good reason at all (and my Bday and Fathers Day), a complete pass of any and ALL household chores and "intimate interludes" pretty much on demand. WELL worth the effort
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

I save all my days for hunting season. The better I treat the old lady, the more time I am allowed in the woods without risking divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    It's on their "Day of Future Passed" album. It's actually a theme album.
    I listened to that last night while grading some papers. It was interesting. I was surprised at how many of the songs I had heard before on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I save all my days for hunting season. The better I treat the old lady, the more time I am allowed in the woods without risking divorce.
    Managing your women is not rocket science. We might not understand them but it's easy to figure out what they need and the rewards are great!

Managing your women is not rocket science. We might not understand them but it's easy to figure out what they need and the rewards are great!
    I love listening to guys talk about women lol. We are very simple creatures... treat us good and you will be taken care of. Do us wrong and life will be hell. Like the little blonde girl from the exorcist kinda hell. Nobody wants to see that side of mama.

a little weenie with Chris
    Is there something I missed? This is a running theme over the last couple days.. I was only gone over the weekend.
    Don't kid yourself sweetie, I am perfectly ok with everything, so please keep the adolescent comments off the board, k?
    Annnnd what fun would that be?
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    Is there something I missed? This is a running theme over the last couple days.. I was only gone over the weekend.
    Annnnd what fun would that be?
    You didn't miss anything lol. Girl drama, pet names etc lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    I can't even........................ Go to Youtube and search Moody Blues. Nights in White Satin is a good start.

Nights in White Satin live performance.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjUqfRrWwcM

Question (one of my favorites)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP9iOqdxS8c

Your Wildest Dreams
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmmPFrkuPq0

Eyes of a Child
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVBfsJ7SoxI

Let's not forget "Ride My Seesaw". (played ear bleeding loud)
    Aw heck, just buy "What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" put it on, and turn you stereo up, and kick back.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Gift buying is a genuine challenge....one year I bought the wife a High Lift Jack...which I still have by the way...the wife..well, not so much....
    A couple of years ago I got Debbie a chainsaw for Christmas.(I didn't want her using my Stihl) And last Christmas she got a walk behind string trimmer. She actually loved them both and she is by no means a tomboy, she just prefers useful gifts.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

I love listening to guys talk about women lol. We are very simple creatures... treat us good and you will be taken care of. Do us wrong and life will be hell. Like the little blonde girl from the exorcist kinda hell. Nobody wants to see that side of mama.
    This is all true - except the "simple" part. I've been married to my wife for 33+ years, and I still haven't figured out her particular brand of illogic! The number of gauges and indicators I have to keep an eye on are exceeded only by those found in a nuke plant. The "fuel gauge" is the most important - if it drops (she's hypoglycemic), the mood index drops with it, and the grump index rises. And that's just the beginning!

This is all true - except the "simple" part. I've been married to my wife for 33+ years, and I still haven't figured out her particular brand of illogic! The number of gauges and indicators I have to keep an eye on are exceeded only by those found in a nuke plant. The "fuel gauge" is the most important - if it drops (she's hypoglycemic), the mood index drops with it, and the grump index rises. And that's just the beginning!
    There is no logic Zorba lol. We are a hot mess! Aunt Flo always brings out the best too...... look out loo

There is no logic Zorba lol. We are a hot mess!
    Yes! A woman who finally admits what we guys have always known to be true!!!

This....it's the gesture that counts; might not be even something for her, like toys or sweets for the twins, or even something as simple as printing & framing a bunch of old pictures, but everything adds. The important part is the "surprise factor" and the "thinking about you" idea.
    Last birthday took her and the girls to a big mall in Santiago (We were over there for Eastern), straight to a fancy artisan body care products store; place reeks of girly scents (I feel like being ran over, nose first, by a truck loaded with flowers) but endured the process (She knows I'm literally choking, and that's part of the gesture) of picking up a sizeable tab of assorted body creams, soaps, shampoos, etc., bag everything and make the girls give her "THEIR present to mommy"....could have bought a fully armed M1A Abrahams that afternoon, target-practiced in her mom's garden and get away with it!

There is no logic Zorba lol. We are a hot mess! Aunt Flo always brings out the best too...... look out loo
    No, no, no... Women's thought processes are impossible for the male mind to understand because they are driven by emotion which is a tide with NO set clock attached to it. But they are SIMPLE creatures in every other sense. You treat a woman with respect, you SHUT UP and listen to what she has to say, you support whatever they "think" they want to do next (that is a WHOLE subject on to itself) and feed their sense of romance and you'll have a loving woman that will break her butt to make you happy.

The ONE thing that will always get a happy outcome is DO NOT EVER contradict a woman. NOTHING will get you in the doghouse faster. Instead listen intently, tell her whatever is coming out of he mouth is brilliant, be sympathetic if she is complaining, say you are sorry PROPMTLY when it's your fault (and it's always your fault) and then just shut up and go away after giving her big hug/kiss and telling her everything will be just fine and you are with her 100%. 99.999999999% of the time they are just talking and NOTHING will comet of it, your ass will be intact and you will accumulate 1.5 trillion brownie points to be converted into good times at a later date!

Trust me, I'm a NIGHTMARE of a husband and to hear my wife talk about me to her friends I'm chocolate ice-cream on top of donuts on top of creme brűlée

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
    This....it's the gesture that counts; might not be even something for her, like toys or sweets for the twins, or even something as simple as printing & framing a bunch of old pictures, but everything adds. The important part is the "surprise factor" and the "thinking about you" idea.
    Last birthday took her and the girls to a big mall in Santiago (We were over there for Eastern), straight to a fancy artisan body care products store; place reeks of girly scents (I feel like being ran over, nose first, by a truck loaded with flowers) but endured the process (She knows I'm literally choking, and that's part of the gesture) of picking up a sizeable tab of assorted body creams, soaps, shampoos, etc., bag everything and make the girls give her "THEIR present to mommy"....could have bought a fully armed M1A Abrahams that afternoon, target-practiced in her mom's garden and get away with it!
    Yeah, someone around here has a copy of my picture in a Coach store reading an O magazine (the only reading material in the whole damn place) while my wife and daughter shopped for purses. My daughter took the picture and posted it on FaceBook... Oh what we endure for happiness, peace and license to get away with murder

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    A couple of years ago I got Debbie a chainsaw for Christmas.(I didn't want her using my Stihl) And last Christmas she got a walk behind string trimmer. She actually loved them both and she is by no means a tomboy, she just prefers useful gifts.
    I love the power tool thing. Jason got me a weed trimmer thing two years ago, and I was like.... awww this is awesome, thank you..... I live in an apartment building lol.

Yeah, someone around here has a copy of my picture in a Coach store reading an O magazine (the only reading material in the whole damn place) while my wife and daughter shopped for purses. My daughter took the picture and posted it on FaceBook... Oh what we endure for happiness, peace and license to get away with murder
    Lmao Wambli! I would love to have that picture!

Valentines, her Birthday and Mothers Day mean pampering the Queen for at least a day, usually a weekend. Gifts are not very impressive to my wife because she pretty much buys whatever she wants/needs so I usually just give her a shopping allowance for the holiday that she uses at her discretion because apparently I'm unable to shop for her taste.

BUT, she starts her day with flowers, cards, at least some small token gifts that I think she'll like and a fancy home made breakfast in bed (last year it was lobster stuffed crepes, yes I'm a pretty good cook) and a Mimosa. Then we go shopping for the day at her choice of stores and in the evening we have a NICE dinner at her restaurant of choice. These simple jestures get me a WHOLE year of assorted meals in bed for no good reason at all (and my Bday and Fathers Day), a complete pass of any and ALL household chores and "intimate interludes" pretty much on demand. WELL worth the effort
    On the other hand tell them that you love them ONCE and that if you change your mind you'll let them know.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Yes! A woman who finally admits what we guys have always known to be true!!!
    I will admit it Zorba. One time when I had my period, all I wanted was pizza. So, being a peach, Jason bought me a pizza and I yelled at him because I wanted a salad instead lol. I feel bad for you guys, but there is a price to pay if you want the "V" lol

"MANAGING YOUR WOMEN?" Every woman I've ever known thinks God put them on earth to Manage ME!!! I usually just get the hell out of the way and let nature take its course. Of course I'm not real good at marriage as my record will indicate, but I do know how to survive!

Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Lmao Wambli! I would love to have that picture!
    Ask and ye shall receive.................

Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....