Thread: Steelers

Steelers

Here we go Steelers

Here We Go!!!!!!!
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Re: Steelers

You had me worried for a bit. It's not a football season Sunday til I see this thread.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Will Rogers

Go Pack!! Good lord, I missed football!! Now I like Sundays again!!

Go Cowboys lol. I want Carrie underwoods outfit! She looks amazing!
    Last edited by SIGgal; 09-11-2017 at 01:27 AM.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

Go Boys!!

Rams up 27 to 3 at the half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will Rogers

Go Bucs
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

I'm a Cowboy fan, but I'd be a lot better fan if Jones would sell them to somebody I liked.

I'm a lot better Texan Fan. But my heart of hearts moved to Nashville. I'm also a luke warm Saints fan.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    I'm a Cowboy fan, but I'd be a lot better fan if Jones would sell them to somebody I liked.
    Why?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    Why?
    It all boils down to the way he treated Tom Landry. I never could quite forgive him.

Hey, I didn't even bitch or cry when he hired Berry Switzer as coach. But every time I think about how he fired Mr. Tom I get pissed. Hey he bought the team and had a right to get another coach but anybody with any couth wouldn't have treated Tom Landry that way.

He could have sat down with him face to face.
    Last edited by snake284; 09-11-2017 at 02:02 AM. Reason: H
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Well not surprisingly the Steelers pulled it out, although proud of my Browns. They showed more spunk than most of last year and the rookie QB had a solid first NFL game against a tough defense including a late game TD drive to make it interesting at the end. In the end though Big Ben and Antonio Brown were too good and the Browns made a few too many mistakes including letting a punt get blocked for a TD on their first drive. Hopefully the positive trend will continue and this will actually start to be a legitimately competitive rivalry in coming seasons.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    It all boils down to the way he treated Tom Landry. I never could quite forgive him.

Hey, I didn't even bitch or cry when he hired Berry Switzer as coach. But every time I think about how he fired Mr. Tom I get pissed. Hey he bought the team and had a right to get another coach but anybody with any couth wouldn't have treated Tom Landry that way.

He could have sat down with him face to face.
    I get that. I was a long time 49er fan. They (owner and our coach) benched Alex Smith, who was in the middle of a career year, after he was injured. I was a reluctant Niner fan until the Rams moved back to LA. That was a perfect opportunity to with alliances. 35 years of rooting for the Niners was difficult to give up, but I had to bail.

Will Rogers

Cowboys looked pretty good for the first game. Dak Prescott made a couple of bad throws, but was very good, otherwise. The Giants are just not the same without Beckham.

Quote Originally Posted by bisley View Post
    Cowboys looked pretty good for the first game. Dak Prescott made a couple of bad throws, but was very good, otherwise. The Giants are just not the same without Beckham.
    Yep. The boys' D did a good job of holding Eli and company in check without him having Beckham to throw to.

As for the Texans, what happened to their O-line? Joe Montana couldn't have done anything behind such poor line play. It was pathetic.

I'm not a Packers' fan, but I dislike them less than I dislike the Seahawks, so I guess I'm ok with their win. Too bad they both couldn't have lost.

Alpha, what's the prognosis for Miles Garrett? Being a fellow Aggie, I have more than a passing interest in how he does in the pros.

Oh yeah, this being Buford's Steelers' thread, congrats to the boys in black and gold.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

As a Jets fan I expecting the worst season in a long time. Lots of young players, no good offensive line and without a seasoned, talented QB I'm actually hopping for the worst so we can get good drafts next year.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    As a Jets fan I expecting the worst season in a long time. Lots of young players, no good offensive line and without a seasoned, talented QB I'm actually hopping for the worst so we can get good drafts next year.
    The Jets are actively tanking. If they don't end up with the #1 pick they will have failed.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

I've been reading about the moneyball approach that the Jets organization is allegedly taking to their program. Most commentators agree that it isn't working.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

Quote Originally Posted by alphasigmookie View Post
    The Jets are actively tanking. If they don't end up with the #1 pick they will have failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrlf3 View Post
    I've been reading about the moneyball approach that the Jets organization is allegedly taking to their program. Most commentators agree that it isn't working.
    Yes and yes and the problem is that they are actively destroying good young players in the process...

I'm getting ready to start shopping for a new team.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Yes and yes and the problem is that they are actively destroying good young players in the process...

I'm getting ready to start shopping for a new team.
    There's still room left on America's team's bandwagon.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

I was hoping to see the Giants play some ball, but they forgot to show up at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    There's still room left on America's team's bandwagon.
    Funny they were my childhood team! My marriage made me a Jets fan by survival necessity...

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I was hoping to see the Giants play some ball, but they forgot to show up at the game.
    I know, can't even run to the "other" team

I know, can't even run to the "other" team
    Well, there's always the OP............
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.