Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Ruger

Logansport Indiana, by way of Hohenwald Tennessee by way of Cocoa Florida

Re: New Ruger

Very nice, congratulations. I have one just like it, and you will fall in love with it. You can shoot rounds that rival .44 magnums or Cowboy rounds with little recoil.............robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    This is the HIVIZ sight on my 5.5" .45 Colt Bisley with a 25 yard zero. Seems to work fine.

Glad that it works for you. I noticed the web page said not for .45 Long Colt so sent a message and received a prompt reply:

Subject: which sight for Ruger New Model Blackhawk in .45 LC

Message: looking through your sights available, I noticed that the sight for my gun says not for .45 LC models. Is there another that I missed?

Trevor Young trevor@hivizsights.com via hiviz.onmicrosoft.com

Oct 2 (2 days ago)

to me

We do not make a sight for the 45 Colt at this time, we do not make a sight tall enough for the 45.

Trevor Young
    Product Manager
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    One of the days when I get a round-2-it I will install one of those on my Smith (above). I loved the one on the Scandium gun. Unfortunately my Ruger BH has a solid front sight so it would require surgery to install one of those.
    Iffn you are versed on a triangle sight file you can make inserts of any color for angled front sights. And that would include high visibility round plastic rods and flat stock.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain