Thread: Deer season right around the corner, only about a month and four days away.

Deer season right around the corner, only about a month and four days away.

November 4th is the big day here. I may or may not make it the first day or even first week. I've got a date in the Philippines looming and not sure what day will be the date of her Visa Interview. If I get notice this week it may happen soon enough we will be back here in time. I've got a little work to do first and that's got to happen soon. But I'm not banking on hunting the first week or so in November. When do you guys have opening days?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Re: Deer season right around the corner, only about a month and four days away.

Every day.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Quote Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
    Every day.
    Oh but you SUCK so!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Yesterday.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Very likely not at all this year. Moving has its advantages and disadvantages.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    Very likely not at all this year. Moving has its advantages and disadvantages.
    Yeah so does going to get married. It sucks. Immigration drug this along so slowly that it's now interfering with my hunting. I will probably be going to her interview about November 1st and deer season opens the 4th. Maybe I'll make the second weekend.

The Nebraska archery opener has already come and gone, and the season is well underway. The rifle season will open the second weekend in November, but I literally have zero plans to deer hunt here this year in order to preserve my Nevada residency for next year's elk drawing. If I apply for resident tags here, I have to declare as a non-resident in Nevada and face much uglier drawing odds and a HUGE increase in tag price. So, I'll just hunt my Colorado non-res antelope tag next weekend and then use up the three Montana non-res deer tags that I hold this year in mid-November to get it done for big game. Locally, I will just focus on bird hunting.

That's the beauty of having bought a lifetime hunt permit and lifetime state waterfowl stamps before I left here the first time: I can just hunt small game by just showing up and hunt waterfowl by simply buying a federal stamp annually (plus free HIP registration).
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Bow season starts here September 30th, but shotgun is December 4th. We also hunt Pennsylvania and that's about the same time. Between buck and doe with a black bear tag, I will be out through January. If I go out for winter bow season, it will be into February if its mild.
    Last edited by Axe; 10-09-2017 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Bow season strts here September 30th, but shotgun is December 4th. We also hunt Pennsylvania and that's about the same time. Between buck and doe with a black bear tag, I will be out through January. If I go out for winter bow season, it will be into February if its mild.
    I've got a good shotgun now that I could put a scope on. The model 12 I bought is tight for a 77 year old shotgun. With a shotgun scope on top it would be a viable deer gun out to about 150 yards.

hunting season.jpg

First weekend of November is the big day here.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov