Thread: Good deal on Scope at Natchez Weaver Classic V-Series Rifle- 6-24x42mm

Good deal on Scope at Natchez Weaver Classic V-Series Rifle- 6-24x42mm

https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-cla...-74-matte.html

$199 after rebate of $30. MSRP of $686 and other places are selling them fer $395 or more.

So I bought one and have no idy what rifle I'm gonna mount it on yet.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/weaver-...v24-24x42.html

Good reviews over on Rimfire Central http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...tin-2017-10-04
    Last edited by Big Chief; 10-04-2017 at 11:53 PM.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Re: Good deal on Scope at Natchez Weaver Classic V-Series Rifle- 6-24x42mm

Time to buy a rifle to match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

I imagine it would work on anything from a .22 LR on up the ladder........................every now and again.............I see a good deal and just jump on it............... for future use.

Come to thunk of it I got a NIB Bushnell Legend 4.5-14X, I have't mounted on anything yet .............I need to get busy.

Oh well, you click on that link and see the pic on Rimfire Central...........guy had stacks of Weaver scope boxes........so I don't feel that extravagant in my shopping.............
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions

That's the scope that I put on my .223 MVP that I had at the SE shoot. I don't remember where I got it but it was likely one of the places that you listed as I buy quite a bit from them. I'm totally satisfied with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

There are a couple really good deals for cheap scopes on there! Yea they aren't high quality, but ive got a few guns I wouldn't mind throwing a weaver on.
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Looks like that rebate is for weaver, and not just natchezz. Found a scope I want almost $50 cheaper on midway, plus the rebate. Ordering up a K4 4x38, for $113 after rebate!

Couple of not bad Monarch 5 deals on there as well
    I'm short one scope......
    Really lookin for something with Mil though
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Too bad Natchez won't sell to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Quote Originally Posted by knitepoet View Post
    Too bad Natchez won't sell to me
    They still got that "Tri-State" thing going on..............seems they would have changed it by now with all the other online places to shop for residents of those states (ALA/TENN/GA).

Scope got here today. From what I can ascertain it appears to be well made and says made in Japan on it. I looked through it at different distances from up close to maybe 150 yards (trees and rooftops on the next block over) and adjusted the power settings, focus and AO. They threw in a Weaver scope cover.

Also, used my HP wireless Envy all in one printer to scan the receipt and UPC on the box to a pdf to my laptop, I uploaded to the website Weaver uses for my $30 rebate which will come in a the form of a Visa gift card I read.

I definitely got my $199 worth of scope and then some considering what everyone else is charging for one, around $400.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chief View Post
    https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-cla...-74-matte.html

$199 after rebate of $30. MSRP of $686 and other places are selling them fer $395 or more.

So I bought one and have no idy what rifle I'm gonna mount it on yet.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/weaver-...v24-24x42.html

Good reviews over on Rimfire Central http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...tin-2017-10-04
    Is it a rim fire scope?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Is it a rim fire scope?
    No, but can be used as one. I have limited views because all the trees around my house. I guess I could walk out in the street and take a look-see fer a couple hundred yards at some distant mailboxes. Some Yankee might call the cops thinking I had an imaginary rifle attached to it...............

Scope got here today. From what I can ascertain it appears to be well made and says made in Japan on it. I looked through it at different distances from up close to maybe 150 yards (trees and rooftops on the next block over) and adjusted the power settings, focus and AO. They threw in a Weaver scope cover.

Also, used my HP wireless Envy all in one printer to scan the receipt and UPC on the box to a pdf to my laptop, I uploaded to the website Weaver uses for my $30 rebate which will come in a the form of a Visa gift card I read.

I definitely got my $199 worth of scope and then some considering what everyone else is charging for one, around $400.
    That Ain't a cheap scope. A Japanese made Weaver cant be bad.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Good scopes. Not great scopes, but plenty serviceable. I used or picked up a number of them in my LGS days.

I spent 3-4 days with one prepping for and participating in in a 2-day industry P-dog shoot back in '98, mounted on a .22-250. The glass quality tended to peter out noticeably above about 16x, and consequently, that was where I was doing most of my shooting. That didn't stop me from going to 24x to knock one off a mound at 513 yards. Most annoying thing about it was the 1/8 MOA clicks and having to count off twice as many of them to get where I wanted to go.

I've currently got the 4-16x version holding down the mounts on a .223 700 until I decide to start taking that rifle seriously (might be a while). It was originally mounted on a CZ .22LR as its second scope, but it didn't really jive with that rifle, which now wears a Leupold 3-9 EFR rimfire scope.

I've also got the 2-7 rimfire Weaver that was the original scope on the above CZ. The CZ was purchased as a plinker, but it ended up exceeding all expected potential for accuracy and wanted a bit more magnification. The 2-7 now lives on a Nylon 66 and seems very happy there.

The 3-9 and 2-10 are probably where the V-Series is at it's best. They aren't operating at the higher magnification ranges where you really need serious glass to get decent resolution, and aren't typically getting mounted on rifles that need to put them all in one hole anyway. They're ideal for a first hunting rifle or a loaner rifle from the lower price points where you don't want to splurge on the great glass, but at the same time don't want to live with a "package deal" scope that's a piece of PVC with two marbles glued in the ends either.

The V's probably fit the description of "middle of the road" better than any rifle scope out there, as they'll probably make half of their users ecstatically happy, and leave the other half wishing for a little better brightness & image quality. Being pretty thoroughly spoiled on VX3's, I'm a bit lukewarm on them - especially in the higher power ranges.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

They still got that "Tri-State" thing going on..............seems they would have changed it by now with all the other online places to shop for residents of those states (ALA/TENN/GA).
    Last time I checked it was still in place. I admit that I haven't checked in a while.

Just checked, once I input my ZIP, I couldn't go any further in the checkout process
    Last edited by knitepoet; 10-08-2017 at 01:58 PM.
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Most I'll probably ever shoot is 100 yards with an occasional a tad further. Fer $199 after rebate I'm happy, if it was $395 or more I'd shop around.

Mine has the Ballistic X reticle and it is not too thick.

Last halfway decent scope I had made in Japan was a Custom Shop Tasco 24X (?) huge with turret wheel and sun shades. I sold it to a friend fer $100 bucks and they were going for $300 plus on eBay because I came into a Bausch & Lomb which were bought out (optics) by Bushnell and are now their Elite scopes. I think my B&L was made in Rochester NY and the Bushnell Elites are made in Japan from what I read. Some kind of licensing agreement not renewed by B&L and Bushnell???

My B&L rides on top of my Rem 700 in .223

Quote Originally Posted by knitepoet View Post
    Last time I checked it was still in place. I admit that I haven't checked in a while.

Just checked, once I input my ZIP, I couldn't go any further in the checkout process
    There is a workaround to that with family and friends, a PITA and then is it really worth the hassle.

There is a workaround to that with family and friends, a PITA and then is it really worth the hassle.
    Exactly, they don't want to sell to me? I ain't going to force them. There are plenty of other places with similar prices that don't mind taking my money.

Now, they have a Nikon Monarch 5 for $319. Great optics, side focus, BDC plus reticle, 3-15x42. I would buy one, but then I would want a new rifle, too.

Good write-up/assessment Bigslug (as usual from you). The 2017 catalog in the box shows that scope at $528 so I like me a good sale from Natchez or anywhere else.

Between my age, bad habits, bifocals and me being me, I just wanna have a halfway decent scope and be able to see the holes in the paper @100 yards or less and have a clear pic of the target where the bullets is impacting.

I ain't no intergalactic shooter like Ernie and some others on here

Quote Originally Posted by bisley View Post
    Now, they have a Nikon Monarch 5 for $319. Great optics, side focus, BDC plus reticle, 3-15x42. I would buy one, but then I would want a new rifle, too.
    But I have two Nikon BDC reticles and the cross hair is way too thick to my liking. The Nikon Mildot is much finer. I have a Nikon Mildot and love it. It's a lot cleaner than the BDC.

But I have two Nikon BDC reticles and the cross hair is way too thick to my liking. The Nikon Mildot is much finer. I have a Nikon Mildot and love it. It's a lot cleaner than the BDC.
    Ah heck Snake, just get out your Dremel Tool or electric engraver and make/etch yer own cross-hairs

At what range do you find that the cross hair obscures the bulls eye?

My shooting is nearly always at ranges less than 400 yards, so that has not really become a factor for me. The ~$300 price tag is about right for a scope with bright optics and sufficient magnification to see my bullet holes at 300 yards. Also, side focus is one of my favorite features on a scope, since my eyesight has started to degrade.
    My dreams of shooting cloverleafs at 500 yards have been downgraded somewhat. Show me some of your 500 yard targets, and maybe I'll be inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by bisley View Post
    At what range do you find that the cross hair obscures the bulls eye?

My shooting is nearly always at ranges less than 400 yards, so that has not really become a factor for me. The ~$300 price tag is about right for a scope with bright optics and sufficient magnification to see my bullet holes at 300 yards. Also, side focus is one of my favorite features on a scope, since my eyesight has started to degrade.
    My dreams of shooting cloverleafs at 500 yards have been downgraded somewhat. Show me some of your 500 yard targets, and maybe I'll be inspired.
    Oh I love Nikon. I just think even at a hundred yards the Nikoplex is finer and covers less area than the BDC. Even the Mildot is finer.

Having said all that I will say that the two BDCs I have work well on the rifles I have them on. One is on my Remington 700 SPS .30-06. I don't do a lot of target shooting with it so even though the cross hair is a bit thicker, it does fine for what I use it for.

The other is about the same case although I could use a finer reticle I havent used it for anything where I need it. That's my Remington 700 ADL Synthetic .22-250. I use it for deer and hog and the range is usually 100-300 yards and I can draw down on a deer or hog with it just fine.
    Last edited by snake284; 10-10-2017 at 07:32 AM.

I got this scope on my Ruger AM .22 bolt rifle. I got it on sale fer $80 bucks and free shipping. It does OK for my purposes.

https://www.amazon.com/Simmons-ProTa.../dp/B004P8AFL2

Natchez has them fer $79 (I think) now, probably discontinued model.

I run a couple of Simmons .22 Mag scopes with AO on my Marlins. Model 60 and 883 bolt rifle in .22 Mag lot-o-scope fer about $60 bucks each.

I got both new/unused scopes (Weaver 6.5-24X42 and Bushnell Legend 4.5-14X44) out trying to figure out what rifles to mount them on.
    Last edited by Big Chief; 10-10-2017 at 07:22 PM.