Thread: TIME May Be Of The Essence

TIME May Be Of The Essence

Just in case Las Vegas is followed closely by another outrage, or two, or three, and President Trump and Congress lose their nerve and are forced by the press and the public to do something, anything, and right now, I decided to check a box on my bucket list - it's the one most likely to attract 'attention' and I wanted it in the safe and grandfathered.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/698599686

I know, KetTec is 'junk' to many of us, but these are Barbie Dolls for boys and lotsa fun. And the price was certainly right.

Re: TIME May Be Of The Essence

Quote Originally Posted by horselips View Post
    Just in case Las Vegas is followed closely by another outrage, or two, or three, and President Trump and Congress lose their nerve and are forced by the press and the public to do something, anything, and right now, I decided to check a box on my bucket list - it's the one most likely to attract 'attention' and I wanted it in the safe and grandfathered.

I know, KetTec is 'junk' to many of us, but these are Barbie Dolls for boys and lotsa fun. And the price was certainly right.
    I have been thinking about one in .40 SW
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

What makes you think it will be grandfathered? Nothing says they will not ban possession....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Time is always of the essence, I read that in a book long ago.....................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

I usually don't buy new guns, but I got a Sub 2000 earlier this year and it's a very nice little carbine. Has a nice trigger, unlike other brands of carbines I looked at. Very accurate and a hoot to shoot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al1 View Post
    I usually don't buy new guns, but I got a Sub 2000 earlier this year and it's a very nice little carbine. Has a nice trigger, unlike other brands of carbines I looked at. Very accurate and a hoot to shoot!!
    I've had one in 9mm a few years now. It IS a fun little carbine, and accurate for what it is (sights kinda suck and my cheekbone gets in the way of sight alignment). It's dead nuts reliable with every ammunition brand and type bullet I've run through it; chokes it all down without complaint.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Diver43 View Post
    I have been thinking about one in .40 SW
    I have one that takes Glock 22 Mags. It is a fun blaster, and a trait companion to the G22 and 27.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

I picked up one in G17 for a truck gun. My only gripe is the sights are not that great but I can ring a 8” plate at 50 yards all day ... and with 147gr GD thru a little can it is pretty damn quiet too! With a G17 and that plus a couple 33 round factory Glock mags I’m happy!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

Buy ammo. It may not be "banned", but it'll be an early victim of panic-buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Just got back from a big LGS, and only panic so far was they sold out of slide fire stocks yesterday. I may, however, have to pull the trigger (no pun intended) on an LWRC I've been eyeing.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Just got back from a big LGS, and only panic so far was they sold out of slide fire stocks yesterday. I may, however, have to pull the trigger (no pun intended) on an LWRC I've been eyeing.

Slide/Bump Fire stocks are meh. I don't want to see them banned by any means. But I have no use for them. Nor Binary Triggers.

“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMPD View Post
    Slide/Bump Fire stocks are meh. I don't want to see them banned by any means. But I have no use for them. Nor Binary Triggers.

same here.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

I would imagine AR's are going to get stupid again.......
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

I can fire an unmodified AR and empty the magazine with the same rate of fire by just using an 'educated' thumb and index finger, so I don't need the trick stock or trigger, and spray bullets just as inaccurately. But I also think that neither the stock or trigger upgrades should be banned.

Now for my rant directed at no one.
    It's simple. There are cars, and pickup trucks, on the road that can easily hit 140 mph and higher. The national speed limit is 70 mph, with exceptions like Texas having higher than the 70 mph limit. God bless Texas; they haven't lost their collective minds yet. So, with those vehicles having all that excess HP being sold and being pretty much useless with that speed potential that can't be legally used, why are they even legal to be sold. Simple answer; because if you have the money to buy and maintain one, that should be your business, and yours alone. The government ain't got no business telling you that you can't own one, PERIOD. Just because someone doesn't like something, and sees no personal use for one, does not give them the right or authority to withhold that thing from someone else. Freedom is freedom, and if one cannot deal with freedom, then they are probably a bit too authoritarian.

Another example, in reverse applying to ME in particular. I have absolutely no use for a bass boat with a 350 HP engine that will propel that boat at 90+ mph. My 13.5 foot Geenoe and 4.7 hp motor is all I need to catch more fish than I care to clean. But I neither envy nor wish to deprive that bass boat owner from his, to me, overpowered, boat. He bought it, he can afford to feed and maintain it, and it ain't none of my business. That's his freedom to do so, and if he's having fun doing it then it's all good!

Bottom line. Just because you neither want nor desire to own a thing does not give you the right to take it away from someone else, either by direct action (helping get a law passed), or openly disparaging them and their choice for owning and using a thing for which you neither want nor for which you would have a use. As long as the ownership does not cause you harm directly or even indirectly, then it isn't really any of your damned business. Live your own life, hoe your own row, and let others do the same. Freedom is too precious to fritter away just because the freedom at issue isn't your cup of tea.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

I've had one that uses Glock mags, for a number of years. I was VERY surprised by the accuracy out to 50 yds, the first time I used it. We're not talking MOA but hell, about 6" at 50 is great for an inexpensive 9mm carbine, in my eyes. I know you'll enjoy it.
    The nicest place to be is in someone's thoughts,
    the safest place to be is in someone's prayers,
    and the very best place to be is....in the hands of God.

Buy ammo. It may not be "banned", but it'll be an early victim of panic-buying.

Copy that Bravo leader! Reloading components, 22 ammo, 9mm, and 45 acp for my house. I don't think shotgun ammo will be scarce.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

Action Figures! Action Figures!

[QUOTE=horselips;689449]Just in case Las Vegas is followed closely by another outrage, or two, or three, and President Trump and Congress lose their nerve and are forced by the press and the public to do something, anything, and right now, I decided to check a box on my bucket list - it's the one most likely to attract 'attention' and I wanted it in the safe and grandfathered.

Not only are we hearing the cries for gun control here, our most likely to be next governor is as liberal as they can get and promising just about a full ban of firearms here. I'm building a few more rifles before November 8th and will store them at a friends house in Pa!
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

A lot of local PD's around here carry them as a patrol rifle around here. For the price tag, you sure get a decent little carbine. I thought about picking one up as well, just have not as of yet.