Thread: Ear protection (electronic muffs)

Ear protection (electronic muffs)

My pair of Howard Leight electronic ear muffs have seemed to pull a vanishing act. Besides Peltor, does anyone make a decent pair of electronic muffs that have 'behind the head' band?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Re: Ear protection (electronic muffs)

I got a pair of Walkers earlier this year from Amazon. Been using them for IDPA and so far they’ve been great.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ETA: Whoops, I didn’t catch the headband requirement. But they’re still good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
    NRA Endowment Member

Muff style aside from Peltor I only can come up with MSAs. They call their setup a neckband but still has a soft strap over top of the head ... they are comfortable, stay in place and work well with helmet or such but they are EXPENSIVE like $250. I can’t see that price for my use over my Peltor Tac 100s I paid less than $60 for or a set of Leights for less than $50.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

Peltor is the answer. Pro Ears makes some too, but mine are pretty lackluster and weren’t worth the steep price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

I'm very pleased with my ProEars Pro 300 . It is very comfortable to wear.