Thread: How's the scouting going for everyone?

How's the scouting going for everyone?

For me? It sucks ass. I had 13 pictures of the wind blowing tree limbs, or a squirrel. I was viewing the pics on my digital camera, so kinda hard to see. And it should have been a decent location. My uncles camera had 2 pictures, both of me. I set the camera out on September 23, his was close to the same time. His wasn't in a great spot, so I'm not entirely surprised.

Saw zero tracks, zero rubs, and zero poo.

Picked a spot for our stand, close to where the deer run. Which is good IF they are on our side of the fence. Typically I see them on the OTHER side of the fence. Which is bad. We will hunt there opening day, and if we strike out I'll go to my buddy's place on Sunday. (Speaking about youth season)

Friend of mine sold me a climbing stand for $15. Even if it's a $99 Walmart special, it was worth $15. Hope to snag it today. Uncle has a section of aluminum extension ladder, so I'll just strap the stand down and let the kid climb the ladder to get into it. That's the plan anyway.

So the outlook ain't looking the best, but we typically don't get skunked. So maybe they will get stirred up and walk through the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Scouting deer has been really good. Elk, not so much. I saw a half dozen herds in summer. My coworker hunts about five miles from me. His cameras have bulls, bears, and a pair of mt lions. Opening day is Tuesday. Both elk and deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Re: How's the scouting going for everyone?

I saw a rub today while bushhogging trails. Haven't seen any deer though. Saw tracks at the pond. Did sow some seed today. But I don't expect much. Got to get some triple 13.

Saw a big, fat forky that really wanted to die from my chosen hide during my make-sure-I-can-find-the-place-in-the-dark-&-see-what-shows-up-at-dawn scout.

Maybe his bigger brother will show up for the opener, if not, he'll do.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

I just got a couple of Spypoint cameras, I need to get the black box so they send pictures to it and I don't have to check the actual camera, will give a range report end of November.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Well, got the stand. Hardly used. It is a $99 special, but in great shape. And he wouldn't let me pay him for it.
    I think my stand will be better for setting up a ladder, but now I've got options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Scouting is a waste of time for me. I know they're there, I just need to be on that Sendero on opening morning. Problem this year is I don't know if I'll be there on opening morning.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.