Thread: A silly question...

A silly question...

I see that some woman, her kids and husband have been rescued after being held hostage in Afghanistan.....they had been grabbed while they were "hiking".....Who the hell goes hiking in Afghanistan?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Re: A silly question...

2Caitlin Coleman and her Canadian husband, Joshua Boyle, were captured by the Haqqani network while hiking in Afghanistan in late 2012.
    Coleman was pregnant at the time and the couple have had three children while in captivity."

Seem all above board to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp View Post
    ..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.
    I'll never hear the end of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    ...But seriously Shush....

Geez, I'd just as soon take a vacation to North Korea...............I guess they were feeling like they would fit in with the "Natives".........................got complacent and guess what............never ever ever get complacent in any Ragland country. Some may tolerate you, others see a living target to kill or kidnap for religious/ political purposes.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Quote Originally Posted by shush View Post
    2Caitlin Coleman and her Canadian husband, Joshua Boyle, were captured by the Haqqani network while hiking in Afghanistan in late 2012.
    Coleman was pregnant at the time and the couple have had three children while in captivity."

I guess the allowed conjugal visits...from someone.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

At some point in their captivity boredom set in?
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Saying they couldn't fight or play baseball?
    Overkill is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    Saying they couldn't fight or play baseball?
    I'm alluding to the fact that after every major blackout of electrical power, especially in the NE, there is a marked increase in births 9 months later.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

I have to assume they were not looking for a ski resort or a good fishing hole.

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    I'm alluding to the fact that after every major blackout of electrical power, especially in the NE, there is a marked increase in births 9 months later.
    I had three from December 2003 to March 2005. Got to do something when it gets cold out.

I get it... no cable... Is that why there are so many Brits? Something to do during those multi-channel Cricket marathons on TV?
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    I get it... no cable... Is that why there are so many Brits? Something to do during those multi-channel Cricket marathons on TV?
    Crickets cause babies?

Who knew?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Blizzards do. Any major power outage over 3 days. I imagine tornadoes and hurricanes have a similar effect as long as its not mass evacuation.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    Blizzards do. Any major power outage over 3 days. I imagine tornadoes and hurricanes have a similar effect as long as its not mass evacuation.
    Power outages around here rarely cause an increase in childbirth. No power and no A/C makes people too hot and miserable to want to be touched. In a cold climate one needs the body heat so it's different.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    Power outages around here rarely cause an increase in childbirth. No power and no A/C makes people too hot and miserable to want to be touched. .
    That only works that way for old people.
    You must be old if you think that!
    Someone please play Jingle Bells

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Who the hell goes hiking in Afghanistan?
    Idiots???
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Who does that? STUPID FOOLS, THAT"S WHO!!! Reminds me of that young guy that stole a political sign from a North Korean hotel a year ago. They sent him to prison, ended up deathly ill and they sent him back here, only to die a couple of days later. This couple was a bit luckier, I guess.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

The report I read said the man is a Islamofascist sympathizer and has some distant connections to Bin Ladin. After being rescued he reportedly refused to get on an American C-130 to be brought home, because it was at an American air base in Afghanistan that is "notorious for abusing terrorists", and he had "philosophical" objections. Canadians apparently don't have many kind things to say about him.