Thread: Sad times these days

Sad times these days

I am bow hunting some public land in KS and in the past week have had someone starting to harass my Son and I will hunting. It is not gone far yet, but could escalate easily. The past week about the same time, someone is driving by where we are parked (dead end road) and stopping at our vehicle, honking their horn yelling obscenities, I have no idea what this guys problem is but can only speculate it is a local land owner that has some sort of issue with hunters. I have starting packing my 9MM CCW (which is legal to do in KS while bow hunting.) I am going to set up my go pro in my truck tonight to see who this clown is and try to find out what his problem is. Sad times these days!
    Last edited by twa; 11-03-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Re: Sad times these days

That is absolutely illegal here and would be prosecuted by the game warden. I suggest you check your local laws and notify the proper authorities. That type of activity disrupts state management of valuable wild game resources and can not and likely will not be tolerated by game management law enforcement.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by early View Post
    That is absolutely illegal here and would be prosecuted by the game warden. I suggest you check your local laws and notify the proper authorities. That type of activity disrupts state management of valuable wild game resources and can not and likely will not be tolerated by game management law enforcement.
    I know it is illegal to harass hunters here in KS as well, I just really don't know if this quite qualifies yet....stopping and honking / yelling from a road? Not sure, but I aim to find out who this is and report it to the Sheriff in case it does escalate.

At this point my biggest concern is him jacking with my vehicle, but these days with the crazy freaking people you come across who knows where this could go.
    Last edited by twa; 11-03-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Report it. The sheriff can figure out the rest.

Agreed
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Yes Sir, that is the plan....hope to get him on my go pro tonight, I am going to place it on the dash and let it run.

Good luck , what a pain in the wazoo. Zap a big one, the deer I saw this morning were chasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1965Jeff View Post
    Good luck , what a pain in the wazoo. Zap a big one, the deer I saw this morning were chasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you, good luck to you also. Had a couple chasing last weekend as well....it is time!

Get ahold of KDPW as well,..
    Could well be a local that has identified the property as "his".....stupid as it sounds...it happens...
    Last edited by Jayhawker; 11-03-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Could well be a local that has identified the property as "his".....stupid as it sounds...it happens...
    Good idea, will do.

This. Get every swinging you can involved. The more the merrier. And I'd wager you'd have better luck with the conservation folks than the local cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Well I got the clown on my go pro tonight, no cussing us out tonight, just laying on the horn.

Quote Originally Posted by twa View Post
    Well I got the clown on my go pro tonight, no cussing us out tonight, just laying on the horn.
    License plate? Talk to the cops?

I'll have to look it up, but I think harrasing hunters is a pretty serious crime here.

Should be there too. Many business including agriculture are affected. Not to mention civility. I'm thinking your complaint will be taken very seriously.

It would be fun to lay in the back of your truck. When he drives by, sit up and say hi.

I'll have to look it up, but I think harrasing hunters is a pretty serious crime here.

Should be there too. Many business including agriculture are affected. Not to mention civility. I'm thinking your complaint will be taken very seriously.
    Yep, it is. We were harassed while elk hunting in CO a few years ago. The local LEO took it VERY seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    It might not be more accurate, but why introduce accuracy to a discussion about inaccuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    License plate? Talk to the cops?
    No plates.....yet.....got the side view of him going by. It's the ass clown that lives at the end of the road, seen him several times.

Share the video, who he is and where he lives with both local leos and game wardens.

But be prepared for repercussions if he's that big of a jerk
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Hunter harassment is a huge deal here. What you experienced is hunter harassment. The DNR in Michigan take that very seriously. Nail that jerk!

Quote Originally Posted by twa View Post
    I know it is illegal to harass hunters here in KS as well, I just really don't know if this quite qualifies yet....stopping and honking / yelling from a road? Not sure, but I aim to find out who this is and report it to the Sheriff in case it does escalate.

At this point my biggest concern is him jacking with my vehicle, but these days with the crazy freaking people you come across who knows where this could go.
    Sounds like that qualifies as hunter harassment to me. I agree with early, let the game warden and/or sheriff figure that out. He might be like Teach's Neighbor, a bunny hugger trying to keep you from killing Bambi.

Don't let this fool screw up your hunting. If he is like Jayhawker says thinking you're on his land at least you'll straighten it out and maybe shake hands and go away smiling. It happens. But I really think he's a deranged libtard trying to screw up your hunt.
    Last edited by snake284; 11-04-2017 at 07:18 AM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    Sounds like that qualifies as hunter harassment to me. I agree with early, let the game warden and/or sheriff figure that out. He might be like Teach's Neighbor, a bunny hugger trying to keep you from killing Bambi.

Don't let this fool screw up your hunting. If he is like Jayhawker says thinking you're on his land at least you'll straighten it out and maybe shake hands and go away smiling. It happens. But I really think he's a deranged libtard trying to screw up your hunt.
    Actually, what I meant by "his"...was a guy laying claim to a piece of public ground...not an infrequent occurrence...some go so far as to post "No Trespassing " signs in an effort to keep folks out of "their spot"...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Yep. What Early said. Report this [I]in writing[I] to the Fish and Game boys, the county and state police and the sheriff, with dates, times, location, and now that you know his name and address, include all that too. Fun's fun, but enough's enough.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."

Actually, what I meant by "his"...was a guy laying claim to a piece of public ground...not an infrequent occurrence...some go so far as to post "No Trespassing " signs in an effort to keep folks out of "their spot"...
    Gotcha on that. Some people know no limits to their BS. They think they should be the only ones God created. To them there's no room for anybody else.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.