Thread: Lets Make A Deal

Lets Make A Deal

My RCBS older model power trimmer has some issues....like switch leaf is broken and it stays on unless you use a power cord or power strip with an on/off switch, must use shell holder plates for specific calibers to hold the brass, handle is jacked up and just plain old, but still usable, but sometimes you just want new and improved.

Yes I could use my Lee hand held and drill chucked trimmers OK for small batches.

So I start poking around the Web for the best prices on a new RCBS Power Trim-Pro II, prices are all over the map and some places look good until they are trying to get rid of the older ones without the universal shell holder.

And RCBS has a rebate offer going on...depends on how much you spend.....$10 to 175 bucks. The cutoff for this one to get 100 back is it must be $299.99 and up

Deal #1
    So Midway has them fer $254.99 and so you would get $25 back in rebate, but S&H is $13.49 final price after $25 rebate would be $243.48

Deal#2
    To get a $100 RCBS rebate you must spend $299.99 or more and I thought is it worth finding a place that will charge me more to get more rebate? Cabelas is on the money at $299.99 plus they want $18.99 S&H so final after $100 rebate would be $218.98 (no store in FLA for free delivery??) looks good so far.............

Deal #3
    Then Optics Planet has free S&H @ $242.99 then you get a $25 RCBS rebate which puts it at $217.99, plus $5 coupon for signing up fer their emails final price $212.99 That's the best I could come up with. Plus not out the extra $$ to pay more at Cabelas for a bigger rebate as I wait.

I wish there was an RCBS rebate of $50 in their offer, but it goes from $25 then to $100 + at certain price points. They make quality stuff and stand behind it, though.

This looks to be the best deal I could come up with on this item. Will there be better as Black Friday comes along or after X-mas.............I dunno.

So I'll take offer #3 Monty.......................my ole haid hurts from thunking too much on this

All I can say is shop around.............................

Natchez wants $351.99 before S&H

Midsouth wants $313.52 before S&H

I am not affiliated with ANY company, just a PSA to y'all who want more bang fer their buck, as they say.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Re: Lets Make A Deal

Once I get my new one and set it up, I'll give the old one to any forum member who wants it. You live in FLA come get it or yep you pay exact shipping at USPS/UPS store or I'll bring it to the next SE Shoot at Teach's..........It will have pilots for most common calibers and shell plates/holders fer .30 cal family/.223/6.5 Swedish/7.62X54R and a standard cutter, the 3-ways I'm keeping for the new one.

A little tinkering you can tack weld a new "Leaf" that hits a micro switch so the motor cuts on and off as you engage/disengage the handle.

Older model that belonged to my late brother and has had some FLA garage time......but the motor works fine.

So if interested in it just let me know.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions

Oh, also a .30 Carbine shell holder plate/thingy for the old one.

Well heck, if I would have had my thunking cap on a few weeks ago, I'd got the RCBS trimmer with the case prep center on top runs off the same motor fer $339 and a $100 rebate so fer $239 I could of had both, but I bought the Lyman stand alone electric prep center, I like it a lot, though.

Interesting, can adjust the motor RPMs

https://www.opticsplanet.com/rcbs-un...ep-center.html

Chief, you're almost as cheap as I am! I like that!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    Chief, you're almost as cheap as I am! I like that!
    Naw, I ain't cheap, but man that's more powder/primers/bullets I can buy with the savings. I ain't spending any less, just getting mo fer my R&R (Retired & Retarded) Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chief View Post
    Naw, I ain't cheap, but man that's more powder/primers/bullets I can buy with the savings. I ain't spending any less, just getting mo fer my R&R (Retired & Retarded) Dollars
    As you should Sir, as you should!

Oh Lordy, I'm getting worse than a woman in a shoe store making up my mind...........I cancelled that order over the phone to Optics Planet (nice young lady on the phone) and ordered the RCBS Universal Case Prep Center online from them once I got to thinking about it. Everything on one machine and the set up looks so much easier than the other one. Plus it doesn't have that stupid lever/handle you got to slide to and fro, this one uses the handle you push to lock the brass in.

It will save space and I can do it all at once.........so fer $339.99 and a $100 rebate from RCBS makes it $239.99 and free shipping. So I got the upgraded one with the brass prep stations on top for not much more than the other one I had on order.

Smart move, probably not since I also have the Lyman machine I bought fer $80 bucks a few weeks ago from Amazon with a gift card I had fer $25 off...................so I'll find a use for it I'm sure.

This seems so much easier to dial in to your desired trim length and can be doing the rest like primer pockets and inside outside chamfer/ deburring as another is being trimmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKOc2wgnfPo

I know less than the square root of eff all about this, but that's a nice looking machine. Dunno why the video guy doesn't bolt it down after worrying about it possibly moving about. I'd like to see the built in micrometer adjustment be facing the operator rather than the slightly awkward looking in-line location, but it'd probably cost a lot more money to make it that way.

That thing is slick! For $240 delivered I'm in.

Thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by JKP; 11-09-2017 at 08:52 PM.

I'll take the old one of it ain't spoken for
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    I'll take the old one of it ain't spoken for
    It be yourins cpj....................I figure you can adjust/use all them machinist tools you got you can get it the way you want in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by JKP View Post
    That thing is slick! For $240 delivered I'm in.

Thanks for the tip.
    The one with all the extra stuff ( Universal case prep center) is $339, but you get a $100 rebate from RCBS. Makes it $239

The regular Power Trim-Pro II is $242, but you get a $25 rebate from RCBS on that one.

Yep, I got the universal case prep center. Hard to resist at $240 net.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    I'll take the old one of it ain't spoken for cos I just came up with a great redneck idea that will probably cost me a finger or two
    FIFY
    Just remember to take video...
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chief View Post
    It be yourins cpj....................I figure you can adjust/use all them machinist tools you got you can get it the way you want in no time.
    Thanks. I'll get with ya.

Quote Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
    FIFY
    Just remember to take video...
    Oh. Like this ?
    Milling machine plus Lee trimmer. Taking almost a 1/4" off a case.

https://youtu.be/oDUq8HuiAAY

Man, those RCBS Universal Case Prep Centers went up from $339.99 yesterday to $448.49 today Now much cheaper at other online joints. That's a $108.50 increase overnight!

I wouldn't have bought it at that new price, even with the RCBS $100 rebate. The page online says 32% off, but down by the price it says 12% off regular price.

I can't imagine why they would do that. Hope it is a glitch they will fix.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/rcbs-un...ep-center.html

Got an email it will be here Tuesday. Looking forward to getting it up and running.

Price still @ $438.49 today. Wow quite the markup from before @ $339.99 when I bought mine, plus I will get a $100 rebate from RCBS.