Thread: CC While Running/Biking/Etc, A Potential Solution?

CC While Running/Biking/Etc, A Potential Solution?

I made the fortunate mistake of running down a Google rabbit hole while reading about backpacking, back country hunting, etc... An hour or so later I started into reading about carrying a handgun while backpacking, and this cool device came up:

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1

This is a series of "kit bags" worn on the chest meant for carrying handguns and/or other small items discreetly. They even make one sized rather small that takes a maximum size of a Glock 19, or a Shield and "other stuff:"

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/.../1/ProductID/6

I'm not sure if I'm ready to pull the trigger at $85, but if carrying a handgun during rigorous activities such as biking and running are of concern to you, it certainly has merit. I could also see using one of their larger models while backpacking to CC a handgun and also carry a rangefinder or GPS.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Re: CC While Running/Biking/Etc, A Potential Solution?

Since I don't run or high stress bike, a regular holster fills the bill.

But, I see benefit with that system verses a chest holster if keeping dirt from the gun is needed.
    Go Cowboys go

Quote Originally Posted by NN View Post
    Since I don't run or high stress bike, a regular holster fills the bill.

But, I see benefit with that system verses a chest holster if keeping dirt from the gun is needed.

But if i ever did wear strectchy pants again, I could open carry and no one would even notice the gun on my hip.

Not a bad idea. I tried the man sack routine while biking this summer, not a fan. It started hurting my hip if I wore it on the side.
    Also look into the fly fishing chest bags. Not near as tactical looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Interesting concept. The waist packs have done it for me so far. I have the Maxpedition Versipacs waist packs like the Octo and the Pili (I think that’s the name) and between the two I can manage pretty well. I also have two Versipack Fatboys and they have a strap that allows you to snug them up on your waist and it comes in handy when you don’t want them flopping around. The blue one in particular does not scream “shoot me first”.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Interesting concept. The waist packs have done it for me so far. I have the Maxpedition Versipacs waist packs like the Octo and the Pili (I think that’s the name) and between the two I can manage pretty well. I also have two Versipack Fatboys and they have a strap that allows you to snug them up on your waist and it comes in handy when you don’t want them flopping around. The blue one in particular does not scream “shoot me first”.

The less "operator" you look, the less attention you're likely to draw to yourself when it hits the fan.

Be the Grey man and surprise them.