Thread: 'Bama fans. Raise your hands if you were sweating BBs.

'Bama fans. Raise your hands if you were sweating BBs.

The title says it all. It was a heck of a game, but 'Bama eventually wore Mississippi State down.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Re: 'Bama fans. Raise your hands if you were sweating BBs.

If the Ohio State team that played Penn State in the 4th quarter could just show up for all of the games......................
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jbp-ohio View Post
    If the Ohio State team that played Penn State in the 4th quarter could just show up for all of the games......................
    Ask Michigan State which Ohio State team showed up yesterday.
    Jerry

That's what Bama does, wears the opponent down with their depth. Props to MS, they played them as well as anyone this year. Georgia never should have been #1 in the first place.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Yep, with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd, I told the wife, "Bama's lost this one"

Turns out I was wrong.

The Iron Bowl, in Auburn this year, should be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

I watched 'Bama win while I also watched the Miami Hurricanes dominate ND... 'Canes are back!!! :)

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings?

Alabama is number one. Why? Does the State of Alabama have superior athletes? Not anymore than any other state. Do Alabamians have a greater football culture than most other states? No, not anymore so than several other states. In my opinion Alabama is number one because they have right now one of, if not THEE greatest coaches in college football history. He can out coach and out recruit the best. Nick Saban is who I wanted Texas to pursue a few years back, but some of the dominate orange bloods interfered, which they always do, and thought that Saban wasn't potentially orange blooded enough. They're still looking for DX Bible's or Darrel Royal's Clone. Those guys, Bible and Royal were great and great as Great gets, but it's time to move on. Football's a different game than it was in 1943, 1963 or 1969. No more 3 yards and a cloud of dust winning the big games. AND one big point, the game is much more competitive than it was back in the 50s and 60s. More schools have developed first class athletic programs. To win it all nowadays you need a more pro style offense AND defense. And Saban is number one at doing all that. He is very smart, as smart as coaches get. But when he was available, Texas had Mac Brown at the helm. Then Alabama got hold of Saban and then Brown fell out of favor of the ORANGE blooded powers that be.

Back in the 30s Texas was in need of a coach. And being they were used to winning, they wanted a great coach. So they pursued Dana X Bible away from A&M and Nebraska (He had gone back and forth between those two schools for a few years). They got him and they went on to many winning seasons up into the 50s before he retired. This is what I was hoping against hope they would do with Saban. even though he was already established at Alabama I was praying Texas would try to lure him away, but evidently they chose not to for whatever reasons. Nowadays iffin you want to win it all you gotta hire the best and right now, in this time and day, I believe Nick Saban is the BEST!!!
    Last edited by snake284; 11-13-2017 at 05:24 PM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    Alabama is number one. Why? Does the State of Alabama have superior athletes? Not anymore than any other state. Do Alabamians have a greater football culture than most other states? No, not anymore so than several other states. In my opinion Alabama is number one because they have right now one of, if not THEE greatest coaches in college football history. He can out coach and out recruit the best. Nick Saban is who I wanted Texas to pursue a few years back, but some of the dominate orange bloods interfered, which they always do, and thought that Saban wasn't potentially orange blooded enough. They're still looking for DX Bible's or Darrel Royal's Clone. Those guys, Bible and Royal were great and great as Great gets, but it's time to move on. Football's a different game than it was in 1943, 1963 or 1969. No more 3 yards and a cloud of dust winning the big games. AND one big point, the game is much more competitive than it was back in the 50s and 60s. More schools have developed first class athletic programs. To win it all nowadays you need a more pro style offense AND defense. And Saban is number one at doing all that. He is very smart, as smart as coaches get. But when he was available, Texas had Mac Brown at the helm. Then Alabama got hold of Saban and then Brown fell out of favor of the ORANGE blooded powers that be.

Back in the 30s Texas was in need of a coach. And being they were used to winning, they wanted a great coach. So they pursued Dana X Bible away from A&M and Nebraska (He had gone back and forth between those two schools for a few years). They got him and they went on to many winning seasons up into the 50s before he retired. This is what I was hoping against hope they would do with Saban. even though he was already established at Alabama I was praying Texas would try to lure him away, but evidently they chose not to for whatever reasons. Nowadays iffin you want to win it all you gotta hire the best and right now, in this time and day, I believe Nick Saban is the BEST!!!
    I don't know if Saban outcoaches anyone, but he sure as heck is the best in the country at recruiting. As one die hard Alabama fan told me, he doesn't recruit, he selects.

BTW, their QB is from Channel View, Tx.
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    I don't know if Saban outcoaches anyone, but he sure as heck is the best in the country at recruiting. As one die hard Alabama fan told me, he doesn't recruit, he selects.

BTW, their QB is from Channel View, Tx.
    Along that line, I've heard mentioned a few times by the "talking heads" covering different Bama games, "Alabama doesn't rebuild, they reload"

Though they've lost enough linebackers this season that it's making a difference

Edited to add: While I HOPE they manage to beat Auburn in the "Iron Bowl", I have enough doubts that I wouldn't be willing to wager on it
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Auburn is playing well with nothing to loose and everything to gain. Bama better step it up or they loose the SEC and any chance at the playoffs and national title. All over one game.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician