Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roy Moore

Re: Roy Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    Creepy? Yep. Illegal or pedophilia, nope. In case you didnt notice there is a male belly dancer that posts here. Thats a bit on the creepy side, but hes an OK guy.

Its alleged actions. Not actions. You all who are ready to feed him into a wood chipper need to be falsely accused of something sometime.

So far, there is and was no back parking lot, and Alread refuses to give up the yearbook that Moores atty wants to go to a handwriting expert. Meaning that the "proof" is not exactly standing up.
    I give zero fornications one way or the other. There's ZERO influence I have over the situation. So....ZFG.
    My/Bullsis point is/was, when the people are on the side of the dirtbag (or alleged dirtbag) they make excuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Exactly. I’m hearing people on news, radio, other internet sites trying to justify this, and make it go away. But if there was still a “D” after his name on the ballot, the same people would be ripping him to shreds.

This is why party politics sucks and is bad for the country.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Quote Originally Posted by bullsi1911 View Post
    I cannot believe some of the people who are defending the alleged actions. Trying to say that 'even if this happened, it's OK because it was a different time'
    I'm not defending Moore. I'm simply reminding people that it is still entirely possible that this is just another 'opposition research' creation. I've been watching both parties doing this for decades, especially Democrats. Sometimes it is fact based and sometimes it is created from practically nothing. In this case, it seems likely that Moore was dating or attempting to date teenagers, which is creepy...like Elvis Presley, when he was in his late twenties and his future wife was under the age of consent. But he had permission from her, and her parents, which made their dating legal, and there were a surprising number of perfectly normal adults who did not seem to disapprove.

If there is evidence that proves illegal behavior, it will come out a day or two before the election, if he is close in the polls. The likely outcome of all this is that Moore will lose the election, and the story will be dropped, soon after, unless Moore himself keeps it going.

Here we have a Republican being crucified because of some unproven accusations about something that may have happened 40 years ago and yet a Democratic senator (Al Franken) who is extremely outspoken about sexual harrasment, is accused of groping and kissing a woman without her consent just ten years ago and the media (except for FOX) isn't paying much attention to the issue. FOX even showed a picture of Franken grabbing her breasts while she was asleep on an airplane during a USO tour. He brushed it off as a poor attempt at humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

I didn't support moore before this current Chinese Firedrill and that hasn't changed.

About the only thing I've said that could be stretched into "support" is my feeling that the timing of these allegations is "suspicious", or, as "the church lady" from SNL used to say, "how convenient"

Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

I cannot believe some of the people who are defending the alleged actions. Trying to say that 'even if this happened, it's OK because it was a different time'

Good Lord, a 32 year old dating a 16 year old is always creepy. Period.

Creepy? OH HELL YES!!! Illegal? No, age of consent in Alabama is 16.

NOT defending the guy. Just stating a fact that most news outlets have misplaced in their reporting...
    Last edited by Wambli Ska; 11-16-2017 at 08:20 PM.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Good Lord, a 32 year old dating a 16 year old is always creepy. Period.
    Well, Joseph was probably middle-aged and Mary was only, like, 14.... (yes, I've read some variant of that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadac View Post
    I heard a report today that the diner did not have parking in the back, so how he have pulled around back?
    Or... it could be a vacant field, maybe? Edited: just read that the location was between the dumpster and the restaurant. So while there's no parking lot, there's space for a car. Because you don't have to park a car in a parking lot.

Just playing Devil's advocate here...
    Last edited by breamfisher; 11-16-2017 at 09:27 PM.
    Overkill is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    Well, Joseph was probably middle-aged and Mary was only, like, 14.... (yes, I've read some variant of that.)

Or... it could be a vacant field, maybe? Edited: just read that the location was between the dumpster and the restaurant. So while there's no parking lot, there's space for a car. Because you don't have to park a car in a parking lot.

Just playing Devil's advocate here...
    The Joseph and Mary argument is really really weak. For one Mary was vigin, otherwise the entire basis of the Bible is a lie. If true the only thing she was touched by was the Holy Spirit. Just sayin. Also yes thousands and even hundreds of years ago it was common for people to Mary soon after puberty. Then again the life expectancy was much lower back then so better get to making babies as soon as the baby factory is open for operation if you know what I mean? It doesn't mean any of us would be ok with a 32 year old guy hitting on our 14 or 16 year old daughters at the mall. I have a strong feeling that if he pulled that crap today he would end up out back behind a restaurant, but to get beat out of him.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

In case you didnt notice there is a male belly dancer that posts here. Thats a bit on the creepy side, but hes an OK guy.
    HEY!

I'm only creepy when I'm dancing with the Goth chicks - where creepy is considered a good thing!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Accusations without signed sworn statements are no better than heresay. ANYBODY can make an accusation; proving it is an entirely different matter. In this case, trying Roy Moore in the court of public opinion may very well be his downfall in the upcoming election. Whether you like him or not, that isn't right regarding 'court of public opinion', but it's been the Democrat way in the South for a LOT longer than I've been alive.

As an aside to this circus, I have a question. How come Joe Biden, the serial groper of women since forever, always seems to get a pass when he gropes women, IN PUBLIC? If he's around a female, from preteen to whatever age, he can't seem to keep his hands off them. And the press says nary a word.

In case you need visuals:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...&hsimp=yhs-001
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    HEY!

I'm only creepy when I'm dancing with the Goth chicks - where creepy is considered a good thing!
    No, you're creepy in general.

Because there is nothing remotely fishy about these accusations all of a sudden cropping up during an election.....nothing at all...
    Can't believe the number of people who are swallowing this whole mess...
    I will give it some credence when I see some sworn statements....
    Last edited by Jayhawker; 11-17-2017 at 12:26 AM.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    My Goth Tribal instructor would be proud!

Yet he is perfectly acceptable in the G&A forum society.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Yet he is perfectly acceptable in the G&A forum society.
    We all have a bit of creepy/freaky in us. We just carry it better. Seeing a dude who looks like Ron Jeremy wearing a skirt raises suspcicions.

We all have a bit of creepy/freaky in us. We just carry it better. Seeing a dude who looks like Ron Jeremy wearing a skirt raises suspcicions.
    He's not nearly as rotund as Ron Jeremy...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    He's not nearly as rotund as Ron Jeremy...
    I don't have nearly the - uh, never mind.

Eyes? Dont think Ron has glasses.

Exactly. I’m hearing people on news, radio, other internet sites trying to justify this, and make it go away. But if there was still a “D” after his name on the ballot, the same people would be ripping him to shreds.

This is why party politics sucks and is bad for the country.
    Trying to justify what exactly? Common practice in society at the time? Remember, he was a WP grad, a up and comer in the govt., we were in the middle of a recession and the inflation rate was 12%. ( I got 14% on CDs at the time, yes I saved as a kid) it was called Stagflation. There was no economy. He would be a pretty good catch at the time.

There is no proof (yet) that he went after a underage girl. The point is, unless they can prove he went after the 14y/o there IS nothing to justify.

I have a good education and am a successful entrepreneur. The age of consent in Michigan is 16. If I headed to the mall this weekend to chase some high school girls, I doubt I would hear the phrase, "A good catch" mentioned.

Chasing high school girls when I was in my early 20's would have been creepy and taboo. Because something is legal doesn't necessarily make it right. Moore has essentially admitted to chasing after under 18 girls on Sean Hannity. "It was legal" is a lame excuse.

Good catch for the girl if she is in poverty and there was no such thing as welfare to the extent we know it. Is it common practice in your area? Yet I guess no one has ever heard of a girl going after a older guy for security.... ever... in history.

and FYI, different era. This wasnt real far out of the timeline of basically arraigned marriages and women planning their career as housewives. In fact the mothers of 16 yo girls at that time grew up like that. Children working real jobs in what are refereed to as dangerous jobs was commonplace also. That wasn't child abuse, at the time it was character building. Today, the kid would be taken away and put in a foster system.

I'm only a bit older than you, but I grew up in what is the fringes of Appalachia. There was more than one girl in my HS class that was dating a older guy with the intent of becoming a housewife, and this was the 80's. My yearbook had pics of girls with future plans being housewife under them.

Not saying it isnt creepy and that I would do it, but I understand that I am not in everyone elses position.
    Last edited by Varmintmist; 11-17-2017 at 04:54 PM.

:sarcasm:I have never seen poverty in Flint, Michigan.:sarcasm:

I get what you are saying, but the guy didn't have to break any laws for some of us to find him creepy. The allegations with the 14 year old aren't even needed to pass that judgement.

That First Lady with the "yearbook" has got to be the most fake accusation made by anyone since Kobe Bryant and the hotel maid

Quote Originally Posted by RAEIndustries View Post
    That First Lady with the "yearbook" has got to be the most fake accusation made by anyone since Kobe Bryant and the hotel maid
    The heads just pointed out that they learned that the woman with the yearbook, Beverly Nelson, had hired Moore to represent her in a divorce several years after their alleged incident occurred. If she was assaulted and scared of him, why on Earth would she hire him years later?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

First , I KNOW this is not Mainstream Media news site.
    Second, I know that Rush Limgaugh isn't well thought of here.
    HOWEVER, the truth is the truth, and if you deny the truth because of the messenger that brings it, what does that say of you?

Anyway, here's some of that truth stuff that blows the story of Beverly Young Nelson out of the water in a big way. She has been caught in a provable lie. Read the article and watch the Rush Limbaugh video with an open mind.

http://madworldnews.com/rush-limbaugh-roy-moore/
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

If this turns out to be a fabricated smear, and it costs Moore the election, it can be chalked up to Mitch McConnell and his establishment hacks, for not supporting Moore. The fact that they weren't able to buy the primary for Luther Strange, their handpicked candidate, puts them on the same side as Democrats. They would rather have a Democrat elected than another yahoo who doesn't march to the establishment tune.

I don't know if Moore is what the media says he is, or not. But I know that 'political consensus' is what is hurting him in the polls - not facts...so far.