Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you trust the DOJ and FBI?

Do you trust the DOJ and FBI?

I know. Silly question.

For me, it's a no brainer. The answer is no and no. Both agencies are so full of leftover loyalists to the Obama administration that I don't trust them to be fair and impartial. That being said, I do believe that a lot of the rank and file of both are honest and hard working, but by the time a report gets to the top, it's been 'filtered' to say whatever the higher officials want it to.

Look no further than Robert Mueller. He was the FBI director when the Uranium One deal was occurring. He either knew what was going on and chose to look the other way, which makes him complicit, or didn't know, which makes him incompetent. Either way, he doesn't seem interested in looking in that direction but would rather try to find dirt on Donald Trump.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Re: Do you trust the DOJ and FBI?

Our country was set up on distrusting the govt. that is why we have separation of powers and 3 branches with no side having all the power.

Distrust of Govt is patriotic.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

I believe that government agencies in general have discovered they do a LOT better during liberal president administrations. They get to bend law and regulation at will with impunity and grow their sizes to ungodly proportions so when someone comes along that threatens to disrupt these activities they will do whatever they can to screw them while protecting the ones that have been good too them...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

I'm going to take the last two responses as definite NOs.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    And you can now make it "the last 3"

I am more of a libertarian than anything else, and I think Fedgov being cut by 1/3-1/2 would only be a good START on what this country needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

What branch of any law enforcement ... or even government period do I trust? None ... there is always room for abuse of power and corruption. Heck, back in the 70’s my great uncle was Sheriff in our county and I remember how he would let the little guy run a still in their back 40 with no hassle until around Thanksgiving when his department would raid a few and seize the liquor as evidence ... didn’t bust the pot or cut up the coil ... just disassembled it, took the liquor and dropped the charges a couple weeks later. That liquor was given away and made excellent eggnog. At the Federal level there is a million times more room for abuse so Hell No I don’t trust those 2 agencies.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    Ok, to make myself clearer. I believe that the majority of the people in both organizations, as well as the BATF, FBI, DHS and others do a great job within the guidelines. I also believe that as agencies they perform needed services that as a whole are very beneficial to the country.

I also believe that there is a fast growing number of political hacks in positions of authority that screw it up for everyone and that folks like Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder have cause irreparable damage within the organizations and in the perception of the general public which is a huge shame for the guys trying to do it right everyday.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

After 8 years of the Obama administration, no government agency can be trusted until it proves otherwise. That means that the FBI must successfully indict and convict people connected to the government who corrupted the various departments. The DOJ, under Obama, Holder, Lynch selectively investigated political opponents for illegalities, while turning a blind eye towards their own party. They lied to the public and more importantly, to Congress, which is illegal. The IRS got away with targeting conservatives, the AG got away with lying to Congress and general abuse of power, and Hilary Clinton got away with everything.

When the current AG starts prosecuting politicians and getting convictions, then I'll believe that the DOJ is going back to work for the public...and not until. I am sick to death of years long investigations that yield no significant prosecutions. And I'm also sick of investigative bodies like the FBI assuming the power to establish 'intent.' Their job is to gather the facts of what happened and recommend prosecution based on whether criminal action took place. The AG can work out what the intent was when the defense challenges on that basis. Let the defense prove that intent did not exist, rather than the prosecution proving that it did and laying it all out for teams of lawyers to pick to pieces.

I'll let you know when I finish reading the Warren Report.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

I place the same amount of trust in any govco group as I do a fart after eating Taco Bell washed down with cheap beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Do I trust them to do what?

Like JerryBobCo, I think the rank and file are doing their jobs as best they can. It's in the upper ranks, where things are way more political, that I have trust issues.
    Overkill is underrated.

The working types, sure. The bureaucrats and politicians, hell no.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Quote Originally Posted by knitepoet View Post
    And you can now make it "the last 3"

I am more of a libertarian than anything else, and I think Fedgov being cut by 1/3-1/2 would only be a good START on what this country needs
    Being one of those workers, i can say your percentage would cripple our Gov. But, big cuts off the top is what is needed. There are way to many GS-13/14/15s out there and half the SESs could be cut with no long term ill effects
    Cutting all the clerks and mechanics and such is not the answer either. Way too many in the highest levels that do little in a day
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

The FBI is a mess. The rep it earned under Hoover has been lost. Trump needs to find another hard-driving, crime-busting transvestite like J. Edgar was, and put him in charge. With a no-nonsense cross-dresser at the helm, happy days will be here again.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver43 View Post
    Being one of those workers, i can say your percentage would cripple our Gov.
    It needs to be crippled. Reduction by half wouldn't have to hurt anything but those on the teat in one fashion or another.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Zorba, i sure dont consider what me and co workers do being on the teat. Those appointed to 130K a year jobs to hold dinners and coffees are
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Zorba, i sure dont consider what me and co workers do being on the teat. Those appointed to 130K a year jobs to hold dinners and coffees are
    I have no idea what you do. All I know is the gov't is entirely too large by AT LEAST an order of magnitude. A 50% cutback wouldn't affect anything worth caring about, and would be a good start to getting rid of a lot of crap we don't need, don't want, can't use, and didn't ask for.

I do NOT trust ANY government agency. DOJ, FBI, IRS, NSA, CIA, DOE, FED.....ad nauseum.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    All I know is the gov't is entirely too large by AT LEAST an order of magnitude. A 50% cutback wouldn't affect anything worth caring about, and would be a good start to getting rid of a lot of crap we don't need, don't want, can't use, and didn't ask for.

In the real world, it's not that simple. Sure, government needs to be cut a lot but as Ron said, the cuts need to be taken from the top. Most government agencies are top heavy with management but the cuts always seem to be taken from the working side of the agencies. I'd like to see this administration create a group that does nothing but sift through every one of the thousands of different government agencies and departments and do some major house cleaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    In the real world, it's not that simple. Sure, government needs to be cut a lot but as Ron said, the cuts need to be taken from the top. Most government agencies are top heavy with management but the cuts always seem to be taken from the working side of the agencies. I'd like to see this administration create a group that does nothing but sift through every one of the thousands of different government agencies and departments and do some major house cleaning.
    I agree it needs to taken from the top - BUT - entire agencies could be eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by bullsi1911 View Post
    Our country was set up on distrusting the govt. that is why we have separation of powers and 3 branches with no side having all the power.

Distrust of Govt is patriotic.
    This! GMB

I agree it needs to taken from the top - BUT - entire agencies could be eliminated.

Most could be eliminated. They have convinced us we need their “services”.

Both sides defend their favorite agencies and can’t imagine America without them.

The result is never ending expansion.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by CaliFFL View Post
    Most could be eliminated. They have convinced us we need their “services”.

Both sides defend their favorite agencies and can’t imagine America without them.

The result is never ending expansion.
    Yeppers!

What Zorba said. FBI/BATFE could be combined and others eliminated.

I just had an interesting conversation with a person who knows a person who has been tasked with "draining the swamp" at EPA..She identified 40 people who were "tele-working" who had not logged in for work for more than a year...all making $150K a year.....Pleased to announce that all are now members of the ranks of the unemployed...

When it comes to DOJ... I had the opportunity to interact with some Obama era U.S. attorneys in trying to prosecute a guy who did a bomb threat with a fake device on Federal property....during the interaction with several of these people, I discovered that they tend to cherry pick their cases and only get involved if it will look good on their resume...in spite of the fact that criminals walk....without a doubt why less than 1% of the cases of people lying on their 4473s ever get prosecuted...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Cutting all the clerks and mechanics and such is not the answer either. Way too many in the highest levels that do little in a day
    Ron, for most of my life, I've heard that described as, "Too many chiefs and not enough indians"

Some gov't actually does some good, but when you get to, "the third under secretary of diaper changes" it's gone just a wee bit far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Ron, for most of my life, I've heard that described as, "Too many chiefs and not enough indians"

Some gov't actually does some good, but when you get to, "the third under secretary of diaper changes" it's gone just a wee bit far.
    No argument from me.

As I've said before - the big problem is with the politically appointed jobs. Which pay highest. Line animals tend to just do their jobs, in my experience.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Overkill is underrated.

Nope, nope, nopety nope. Don't trust the FBI, DOJ, BATFEIEIO, Homeland Insecurity, or any other government LE. Don't trust Congress be it House or Senate, don't trust the Supreme Court, and have very little trust in the Executive branch. Too many in the Executive Branch are working at cross purposes right now to derail the President.

Need gallows and guillotines set up along the length of the Reflecting Pool to take care of the traitors. Be a full time job for a while.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain