Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Man cave stuff

Re: Man cave stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ron View Post
    Seems like you are doing real well for a old feller there tim.
    Speed is over rated lol
    The great part about being old is we can work the speed we want to.
    What was your final cost on the plasma ?
    Nice thing about pacing out buying tools is that it is Christmas all year long.
    Next tim you need to keep an eye out for a good anvil ..... mine is about 300 lbs.
    I looked for years at auctions but they were to small or to expensive. I found mine at a garage sale.
    The guy told me I would need help to move it ......I said if the price is right I will have it gone in 20 min.
    He didn't know I have trucks with tommy lifts & rollback carts. Paid $110 bucks & loaded it up alone & was gone.
    I paid $1,793 with shipping for the TD 60i plasma cutter with 50’ hose kit and extra consumables kit. An anvil would be cool.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by Farm Boy Deuce View Post
    One addition I should have mentioned earlier Tim, a couple of cord reels. I have gotten to the point that having cords strung out on the floor makes me hostile. A cord reel or two will help to keep the rage to a minimum. Mount one on either side of the shop or in the rafters. I like to use space overhead.
    Hose reels are definitely needed if nothing else I need something for welding leads.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by Farm Boy Deuce View Post
    One addition I should have mentioned earlier Tim, a couple of cord reels. I have gotten to the point that having cords strung out on the floor makes me hostile. A cord reel or two will help to keep the rage to a minimum. Mount one on either side of the shop or in the rafters. I like to use space overhead.
    Meh. I prefer cords strung out, needing to unplug one thing to plug in another, and metal chips embedded in my cords. If I only knew an electrician, I could have him install outlets where they need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Meh. I prefer cords strung out, needing to unplug one thing to plug in another, and metal chips embedded in my cords. If I only knew an electrician, I could have him install outlets where they need be.
    Just grab a book & put in the outlets yourself. You can do it as long as you own the place you are wiring.
    When I built the house I'm in I did all the wiring , pluming & heating myself. ( I did go a little overboard with the CATV & phone outlets )

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ron View Post
    Just grab a book & put in the outlets yourself. You can do it as long as you own the place you are wiring.
    When I built the house I'm in I did all the wiring , pluming & heating myself. ( I did go a little overboard with the CATV & phone outlets )
    Chris has the know how. He just

SQUIRREL!!!!
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13

OH how I can relate to that too !