Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 500

Thread: Man cave stuff

  1. #61
    Senior Member timc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,100

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ron View Post
    I was working on the 220 to my garage today & must have missed something here.
    We kinda got off the path a little bit. Did you get it solved?
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

  2. #62
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    We kinda got off the path a little bit. Did you get it solved?
    I have my service panel open & ready to drill to the basement. Cleaned off a spot on the wall on the garage to drill through the concrete.
    I have my wire ready . Tools all out . Tomorrow I need to check & measure so I don't drill into my furnace or in wires dropping down.
    Need to then see what all I can find here or what I need to go buy. ( it's all your fault lol )
    Your thread got me thinking I should get mine done here too.

  3. #63
    Senior Member timc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,100

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ron View Post
    I have my service panel open & ready to drill to the basement. Cleaned off a spot on the wall on the garage to drill through the concrete.
    I have my wire ready . Tools all out . Tomorrow I need to check & measure so I don't drill into my furnace or in wires dropping down.
    Need to then see what all I can find here or what I need to go buy. ( it's all your fault lol )
    Your thread got me thinking I should get mine done here too.
    I took a class in enabling!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

  4. #64
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    I took a class in enabling!


    Some days all I need is a push to get at some of this stuff.
    I get way to distracted working on guns & restoring antiques.
    My compressor isn't near as nice as yours but for around the house it will do me just fine ( Kobalt 60gal )
    Still sitting on the pallet. ( ya can't rush into things ! )

  5. #65
    Senior Member SIGgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    very rural New Jersey
    Posts
    1,369

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ron View Post
    I was working on the 220 to my garage today & must have missed something here.
    You didn't miss anything lol. There are a few people here who are very proficient at derailing threads. Usually it is Zorba and myself talking about beautiful dresses or shoes etc. He makes me so proud :)
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

  6. #66
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by SIGgal View Post
    You didn't miss anything lol. There are a few people here who are very proficient at derailing threads. Usually it is Zorba and myself talking about beautiful dresses or shoes etc. He makes me so proud :)
    I know nothing of dresses or shoes but if I ever need advice there I'll contact you.
    ( I'm single so that will probably never happen )

  7. #67
    Senior Member SIGgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    very rural New Jersey
    Posts
    1,369

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Even though I am trading in my heels and dresses for guns, I would be more than happy to help lol.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

  8. #68
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Here is a strange pic. taken from a trail cam...... What do you think ?

    spooky.jpg

  9. #69
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Here is a strange pic taken from a trail cam. .........What do you think ?

    spooky.jpg

  10. #70
    Senior Member SIGgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    very rural New Jersey
    Posts
    1,369

    Re: Man cave stuff

    I used to sneak out in the woods when I was a little girl. Never found myself between a buck and a doe mid rut though lol.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

  11. #71
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    My first thought was ...........this is spooky
    My second thought was ........this is fake.

  12. #72
    Senior Member SIGgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    very rural New Jersey
    Posts
    1,369

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Its fake, but yes it is really creepy.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

  13. #73
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    At the first forum I was in I was yelled at for being off topic......... (SIGgal made me do it ! ) lol
    They said one more time & I would get banned.......So here I am in a new forum doing it again !
    They didn't ban me but I left on my own.

  14. #74
    Senior Member SIGgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    very rural New Jersey
    Posts
    1,369

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Nope, its normal to find that here on occasion lol. Great group of guys here, they put up with me all the time :)
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

  15. #75
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by SIGgal View Post
    Nope, its normal to find that here on occasion lol. Great group of guys here, they put up with me all the time :)

  16. #76
    Senior Member zorba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Merrritt Island, FL
    Posts
    14,682

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by SIGgal View Post
    Nope, its normal to find that here all the time. Great group of guys here, they put up with me all the time :)
    FIFY.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

  17. #77
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Was just thinking .........I don't have a man cave so to speak .......my whole house is a man cave !
    Harley pinball in the living room , reloading room , office with guns in , juke boxes sprinkled around the house , kitchen table / work bench ,
    Garage full of tools ( haven't parked a car in there in 30 years ) laundry room with a drill press in it,basement with a anvil & full work benches.
    Yep I have a MAN HOUSE ! ( I need a bigger house )

  18. #78
    Senior Member Make_My_Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lake County, Florida
    Posts
    6,128

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Damn fine compressor. Sigh....I have to settle for the $130 4 gallon type unfortunately, but then again, my needs are not as large. Bad thing about the cheap ones is if you run air-powered tools you have to listen to the compressor run constantly to keep up with the air draw on it.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

  19. #79
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    I have a 60 at my farm garage & plan to add 2- 20 gal to it.
    That way I have 100 gal plus cool air for painting & to run my media blast cabinet longer.
    You could add to yours too it would get you more run time.

  20. #80
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Managed to get the wire strung through the cement wall all the way to the panel .
    Tomorrow need to make a list of things I have but can't find to go buy.
    The service call took way longer than expected so the todo list will have to carry over until tomorrow.

  21. #81
    Senior Member timc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,100

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ron View Post
    Managed to get the wire strung through the cement wall all the way to the panel .
    Tomorrow need to make a list of things I have but can't find to go buy.
    The service call took way longer than expected so the todo list will have to carry over until tomorrow.
    Sounds like success on the horizon!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

  22. #82
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Getting close but a ways off yet..............It's all your fault !

  23. #83
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Did manage to pick up supply s .I went with a 50amp breaker because I plan to run my mig welder on that same circuit
    It will make my little garage shop a lot nicer to do some work in.
    So if I get this laid out right the wall should have compressor ,polish wheels , mig welder & plasma cutter ,cut off bad saw
    & batt. charger on. Going to add a couple extra outlets for grinders too. When I built this place I didn't think I would be here this long . My bigger shop at my land filled up to fast so now I need to put up a 60x100 with 17' sidewalls only thing stopping me is money there. I already have enough toys to fill 1/2 that one too.

  24. #84
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    If all goes right I should have 220 in by sun down today !

  25. #85
    Senior Member timc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,100

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ron View Post
    Did manage to pick up supply s .I went with a 50amp breaker because I plan to run my mig welder on that same circuit
    It will make my little garage shop a lot nicer to do some work in.
    So if I get this laid out right the wall should have compressor ,polish wheels , mig welder & plasma cutter ,cut off bad saw
    & batt. charger on. Going to add a couple extra outlets for grinders too. When I built this place I didn't think I would be here this long . My bigger shop at my land filled up to fast so now I need to put up a 60x100 with 17' sidewalls only thing stopping me is money there. I already have enough toys to fill 1/2 that one too.
    50A is what I went with so I could run my welder off it as well.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

  26. #86
    Senior Member Old Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    671

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    50A is what I went with so I could run my welder off it as well.
    Did yo put in the drain plug extension ?
    My compressor here is still on the pallet so as soon as I take it off I plan to get mine on it.

  27. #87
    Senior Member zorba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Merrritt Island, FL
    Posts
    14,682
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

  28. #88
    Senior Member timc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,100

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ron View Post
    Did yo put in the drain plug extension ?
    My compressor here is still on the pallet so as soon as I take it off I plan to get mine on it.
    Just finished the drain extension. Still need a little calk to seal the opening but for all intents and purposes it is finished.


    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

  29. #89
    Senior Member timc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,100

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Too fancy for me.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

  30. #90
    Senior Member cpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MOzambique
    Posts
    35,896

    Re: Man cave stuff

    Looks good, but I'd lose the valve in the end. No point in it being there, just throw a plug in it and remove it when you drain. You want the most flow you can get empty the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

    I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •