Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 81

Thread: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

  1. #31
    Senior Member snake284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,971

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    Mitch McConnell is the RINO poster boy. I think McConnell wants the democrats in control of the Senate, then he will have a excuse not to pass laws that upstart outsider Trump wants.

    The swamp be dark and deep and full of evil creatures.
    That is no joke.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Varmintmist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    6,057

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Annnnd another FrankenFeel just showed up. Still betting on crickets.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

  3. #33
    Senior Member knitepoet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    15,842

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    Annnnd another FrankenFeel just showed up. Still betting on crickets.
    You know it.

    He has the invincible "D" shield to protect him
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

  4. #34
    Senior Member early's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Thornton CO
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    He won't resign.

    These people have no honor at all.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

  5. #35
    Moderator Jayhawker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manistee Natl Forest
    Posts
    13,053

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    In feudal Japan, there was a way Franken (and his ilk) , could get out of his mess in an honorable manner....just a suggestion.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

  6. #36
    Senior Member Make_My_Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lake County, Florida
    Posts
    6,026

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    In feudal Japan, there was a way Franken (and his ilk) , could get out of his mess in an honorable manner....just a suggestion.
    OH, if only.......
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

  7. #37
    Senior Member breamfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Living in a van, down by the river.
    Posts
    12,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    In feudal Japan, there was a way Franken (and his ilk) , could get out of his mess in an honorable manner....just a suggestion.
    That would require.... personal honor .

    Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Overkill is underrated.

  8. #38
    Moderator Wambli Ska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Working on my tan!
    Posts
    23,744

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    That would require.... personal honor .

    Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,435

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Thus endeth the Al Franken case. The narrative moves on .......

  10. #40
    Senior Member snake284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,971

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Moore: Allegations without evidence. No pictures, no sworn statements.
    Mitch McConnell: I believe the allegations are true and he should leave the race.

    Franken: We have a PICTURES and he acknowledges it DID happen!!!!!
    Mitch McConnell: We need to investigate.

    Exactly who is this idiot working for?!?!?!?!?!?
    Which idiot? When you're talking about a room full of 'em, you gotta be more specific. And the Senate Chamber is a very big room!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

  11. #41

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    I'm Shocked! Shocked! like the police chief in the movie Casablanca. Sexual harassment ect in politics and Hollywood! I read and heard when I was younger before Clinton became President about Congressmen hiring good looking women as secretaries even though they couldn't type. Jokes about pages bring Congressmen coke. as for Hollywood there has always been a casting couch there as long as there has been a Hollywood. I would also like to point out a director Roman Polansky who drugged and raped a 13 year old girl and fled to France where he still makes movies and gets awards form Hollywood and actors and actresses clap when he gets them.

  12. #42
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Green Mountains
    Posts
    18

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    He's unfunny D bag,just flush the toilet.

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,931

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    Mitch McConnell is the RINO poster boy. I think McConnell wants the democrats in control of the Senate, then he will have a excuse not to pass laws that upstart outsider Trump wants.

    The swamp be dark and deep and full of evil creatures.
    I agree that McConnell is the RINO in chief of the Senate...and the House version is RINO RYAN. Both need to start doing what's best for the country and not what's best for GOP donors, their friends and themselves.

  14. #44
    Senior Member CHIRO1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    9,058

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Another woman came forward today making the total 7, 14 Senators and the head of the DNC asking him to step down today, a statement by Sen. Franken will be made tomorrow, not looking good for the Senator.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

  15. #45
    Senior Member bisley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    9,191

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    I think some of the DNC leadership has come to the conclusion that they have to jettison Franken so they can renew their campaign against Roy Moore. Franken screwed up the plan against Moore, because now the Republicans are saying if your scumbag gets to stay, so does ours. If they can get rid of him soon, they can double down on trashing Moore and still come out ahead. Sure, they lose Franken and Conyers, but both of them can be replaced by the next party hack in line, and they flip a Republican seat .... in ALABAMA?...sweet.

    Of course, Alabama may still decide that they would rather have a good old boy who hasn't hit on a teenager in 40 years than a liberal.

  16. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,435

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Think. Nothing with liberals is ever as it appears. They would want you to believe that they are genuinely offended by Senator Franken's conduct, that they really care about women, that the moral high ground is really theirs, and that by setting themselves against Senator Franken they are seeking justice for the abused, and preserving the honor of the Senate.

    Boosheet. Never forget that liberals are liars, they lie all the time, and they lie about everything.

    Does anyone seriously believe that if Senator Franken represented a red state with a Republican governor, any of this would be happening? Of course not, not in a million years. If Franken represented Texas or Arizona or any other red state, with a GOP governor, they'd be circling the wagons around him, denouncing the accusers, and declaring Franken innocent until proven guilty. That photo on the plane was obvious humor, offending only the most overly-sensitive. They're throwing Al Franken under the bus because Minnesota is a blue state with a Democratic governor who is sure to appoint another Marxist to take Franken's place when he resigns.

    The Democrats calling for Franken's career know his leaving won't matter, nothing will change, the balance of power will not shift. Replacing Franken is a bloodless victory, a freebie, that allows the Democrats to crow about their high and impartial ethical standards, so that when they set their sights on their real target, President Trump, they will have the necessary credibility to refute charges of politics as usual.

    Bottom line: This has nothing to do with honor, molested women, or justice. It's all just groundwork for the real battle to come if and when (2018 elections) the Democrats regain control of Congress. It's a long game they're playing, with the first pitch still over a year away, but the Establishment Swamp is wide and deep and patient. They believe the game is scheduled, and they're getting ready to play ... hardball.

  17. #47
    Senior Member Make_My_Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lake County, Florida
    Posts
    6,026

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by horselips View Post
    ....................Never forget that liberals are liars, they lie all the time, and they lie about everything........................
    I've been saying since 2008 they are PATHOLOGICAL liars!
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

  18. #48
    Senior Member knitepoet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    15,842

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Well local news broke the story that Frankenfuter has announced he's stepping down


    edited to add: apparently that story is incorrect, per Franken's Twitter page
    Senator Franken is talking with his family at this time and plans to make an announcement in D.C. tomorrow. Any reports of a final decision are inaccurate.
    https://twitter.com/SenFranken?ref_s...n%2Findex.html
    Last edited by knitepoet; 12-07-2017 at 12:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

  19. #49
    Senior Member JerryBobCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Podunk, Tx.
    Posts
    5,685

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by knitepoet View Post
    Well local news broke the story that Frankenfuter has announced he's stepping down
    Now the dems can claim moral outrage over Roy Moore.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

  20. #50
    Senior Member knitepoet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    15,842

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    Now the dems can claim moral outrage over Roy Moore.
    See my edit above. Franken denies the reports he's stepped down on his twitter page
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

  21. #51
    Senior Member terminator012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,103

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by horselips View Post
    Think. Nothing with liberals is ever as it appears. They would want you to believe that they are genuinely offended by Senator Franken's conduct, that they really care about women, that the moral high ground is really theirs, and that by setting themselves against Senator Franken they are seeking justice for the abused, and preserving the honor of the Senate.

    Boosheet. Never forget that liberals are liars, they lie all the time, and they lie about everything.

    Does anyone seriously believe that if Senator Franken represented a red state with a Republican governor, any of this would be happening? Of course not, not in a million years. If Franken represented Texas or Arizona or any other red state, with a GOP governor, they'd be circling the wagons around him, denouncing the accusers, and declaring Franken innocent until proven guilty. That photo on the plane was obvious humor, offending only the most overly-sensitive. They're throwing Al Franken under the bus because Minnesota is a blue state with a Democratic governor who is sure to appoint another Marxist to take Franken's place when he resigns.

    The Democrats calling for Franken's career know his leaving won't matter, nothing will change, the balance of power will not shift. Replacing Franken is a bloodless victory, a freebie, that allows the Democrats to crow about their high and impartial ethical standards, so that when they set their sights on their real target, President Trump, they will have the necessary credibility to refute charges of politics as usual.

    Bottom line: This has nothing to do with honor, molested women, or justice. It's all just groundwork for the real battle to come if and when (2018 elections) the Democrats regain control of Congress. It's a long game they're playing, with the first pitch still over a year away, but the Establishment Swamp is wide and deep and patient. They believe the game is scheduled, and they're getting ready to play ... hardball.
    Fox had an interesting idea of why some Dems are asking him to step down also. They can't accuse Rep. of the same thing and get them to step down as long as he is there. Sacrificing some of there own folks for a bigger picture down the road
    We as a country have a blown engine, a transmission that slips in every forward gear, and a rear diff with a loud whine. And our politicians keep trying to spray armorall on the tires and proudly step back as if they are helping fix the car.

  22. #52
    Senior Member alphasigmookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    7,641
    Quote Originally Posted by horselips View Post
    Think. Nothing with liberals is ever as it appears. They would want you to believe that they are genuinely offended by Senator Franken's conduct, that they really care about women, that the moral high ground is really theirs, and that by setting themselves against Senator Franken they are seeking justice for the abused, and preserving the honor of the Senate.

    Boosheet. Never forget that liberals are liars, they lie all the time, and they lie about everything.

    Does anyone seriously believe that if Senator Franken represented a red state with a Republican governor, any of this would be happening? Of course not, not in a million years. If Franken represented Texas or Arizona or any other red state, with a GOP governor, they'd be circling the wagons around him, denouncing the accusers, and declaring Franken innocent until proven guilty. That photo on the plane was obvious humor, offending only the most overly-sensitive. They're throwing Al Franken under the bus because Minnesota is a blue state with a Democratic governor who is sure to appoint another Marxist to take Franken's place when he resigns.

    The Democrats calling for Franken's career know his leaving won't matter, nothing will change, the balance of power will not shift. Replacing Franken is a bloodless victory, a freebie, that allows the Democrats to crow about their high and impartial ethical standards, so that when they set their sights on their real target, President Trump, they will have the necessary credibility to refute charges of politics as usual.

    Bottom line: This has nothing to do with honor, molested women, or justice. It's all just groundwork for the real battle to come if and when (2018 elections) the Democrats regain control of Congress. It's a long game they're playing, with the first pitch still over a year away, but the Establishment Swamp is wide and deep and patient. They believe the game is scheduled, and they're getting ready to play ... hardball.
    See post #20. It seems at least a few Democrats aren't completely stupid. Even if it took them way too long to wise up.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

  23. #53
    Senior Member terminator012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,103

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by alphasigmookie View Post
    See post #20. It seems at least a few Democrats aren't completely stupid. Even if it took them way too long to wise up.
    Forgot you said that awhile back. Did you call Fox.
    We as a country have a blown engine, a transmission that slips in every forward gear, and a rear diff with a loud whine. And our politicians keep trying to spray armorall on the tires and proudly step back as if they are helping fix the car.

  24. #54
    Senior Member alphasigmookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    7,641
    Quote Originally Posted by terminator012 View Post
    Forgot you said that awhile back. Did you call Fox.
    Maybe they have an intern that reads the forum. Although I admit I posted after reading an article from Nate Silver making the same point so can't claim originality, just the ability to spot a good argument and repeat it.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

  25. #55
    Senior Member bobbyrlf3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Renton, Washington
    Posts
    2,359

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    He's gone. Wonder who will be appointed to take his seat? Probably someone worse....
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

  26. #56
    Senior Member JerryBobCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Podunk, Tx.
    Posts
    5,685

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrlf3 View Post
    He's gone. Wonder who will be appointed to take his seat? Probably someone worse....
    Last night on Fox, Doug Schoen (?), who was part of the Clinton white house staff and a "centrist" democrat, said that he feared it might be Keith Ellison. Ellison is a muslim, and a far left guy, from what I know. Schoen said that this would be a bad move for the dems.

    I guess time will tell.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

  27. #57
    Senior Member knitepoet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    15,842

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrlf3 View Post
    Probably someone worse....
    Probably
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

  28. #58
    Senior Member CHIRO1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    9,058

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrlf3 View Post
    He's gone. Wonder who will be appointed to take his seat? Probably someone worse....
    Supposedly it will be our Lt. Governor.
    http://www.startribune.com/gov-mark-...ent/462412193/
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

  29. #59
    Member john.41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    S.E.MI
    Posts
    291

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    I guess, since poor old John Conyers had to leave....it would have been racist for Franken to stay.

  30. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,075

    Re: Where's the outrage for Sen Al Franken (D)?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrlf3 View Post
    He's gone. Wonder who will be appointed to take his seat? Probably someone worse....
    He isn't gone yet. He can still withdraw his resignation. He's waiting to see the Moore election results. I saw his awkward resignation and no where did he apologize for his actions.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •