Thread: HR38.........

HR38.........

Seems to have passed in the house. One step closer to national reciprocity. Now in the hands of senate.... God help us! Would love to know who the 9 republican congressman were who voted no.

Re: HR38.........

Feinstein and Company have supposedly sneaked in some amendments associated with their draconian list of changes to the NICS that will severely screw up the purchase of firearms. IF it passes with those amendments intact, then we give up WAY MORE than we're getting with National Reciprocity. I'm really leaning towards wanting ALL Democrats in Congress to die slowly, in a big hot fire.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Seems to have passed in the house. One step closer to national reciprocity. Now in the hands of senate.... God help us! Would love to know who the 9 republican congressman were who voted no.
    This is not a good thing for gun owners. Read the bill. Those 9 did the right thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

I found the following web page that contains the text of the bill.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr38/text/rh

I must be missing something, because I don't see a problem with it. Perhaps someone can point out what I'm missing.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post

I must be missing something, because I don't see a problem with it. Perhaps someone can point out what I'm missing.
    I see no issues either.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    This is not a good thing for gun owners. Read the bill. Those 9 did the right thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Only 2 Republicans voted no.

Republican votes against:
    Water B. Jones RINO-NC 3rd, has a 39% record voting AGAINST Republican Majority He will be hearing from me in rather strong terms.
    Rod Blum, R-Iowa 1st District

Did NOT vote:
    Tom Rice R-SC 7th
    Jim Bridestein R-Ok 1st
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Only 2 Republicans voted no.

Republican votes against:
    Water B. Jones RINO-NC 3rd, has a 39% record voting AGAINST Republican Majority He will be hearing from me in rather strong terms.
    Rod Blum, R-Iowa 1st District

Did NOT vote:
    Tom Rice R-SC 7th
    Jim Bridestein R-Ok 1st
    I don't know where you got your numbers. Looking at JerryB's link and following the voting link on it, 14Rs voted "no" and 4Ds vote "aye"

All the R nos and D ayes are listed right on the top under "Statistically Notable Votes"
    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/115-2017/h663

Edited to add: WB Jones is down for an "Aye" in the above link
    Last edited by knitepoet; 12-07-2017 at 12:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Quote Originally Posted by knitepoet View Post
    I don't know where you got your numbers. Looking at JerryB's link and following the voting link on it, 14Rs voted "no" and 4Ds vote "aye"

All the R nos and D ayes are listed right on the top under "Statistically Notable Votes"

Louie Gomert of Texas voted no. That surprises me.

I still don't see a problem with the bill, though.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post

That is the House of Representatives version of the Bill. The Senate will take it up next, and the usual suspects have already come out saying that it will have these bills attached to it to amend the bill as written.

S2135 Mostly innocuous stuff that needed to be done.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...bill/2135/text

HR4447 This bill has some stinkers in it. Feinstein has been working adding verbiage to it to add to the Senate S2135 bill. Her additions aren't on the Congressional Record yet as the Senate hasn't taken up the H.R 38 bill yet. Look for some really interesting amendments when HR 38 hits the Senate.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...bill/4477/text
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

I am not crazy about the fix nics thingy being thrown in there, I think nics should be dealt with differently... and not in the liberal sense. I am pretty sure it will be dead in the water by the time it hits senate anyway.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

I went to to another site. Must have punched in the wrong bill. Sorry, won’t yell at my Rep...

Those “little nuggets” that have been added could screw up NICS by adding more false no goes. Something like a forgotten out of state traffic ticket or such could flag a buyer. This could also translate to the NICS check run for CHPs or such. The anti-gunner’s poisoning of the House Bill hopefully will be cleaned up in then Senate but if not they win either way ... we don’t get national reciprocity or we get it at a fairly bad cost.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

Sorry, won’t yell at my Rep...
    Didn't want you to fire off an angry email, and then get "Representative Jones didn't vote against it" as a reply
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Didn't want you to fire off an angry email, and then get "Representative Jones didn't vote against it" as a reply
    Thanks!

Thanks!
    I've got your back mi hermano

edited to add: It lists 4 Ds in the "significant votes" but says 6 actually voted for it

I've got your back mi hermano

edited to add: It lists 4 Ds in the "significant votes" but says 6 actually voted for it
    Those 6 Ds should just jump the fence and get it over with.

Those 6 Ds should just jump the fence and get it over with.
    I agree, and think the 14 Rs should do the same