Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the weather like?

Re: What's the weather like?

Quote Originally Posted by SIGgal View Post
    No nip slip here fella lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Colder than a witches....here.

I will leave it at it's a little nipple out
    Errrr Umm that would be "nipply"....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Quote Originally Posted by Linefinder View Post
    Strangest winter I've seen here. Mid-December and we haven't had 3" of snow in total yet. Dry as a bone.

Just today, the check-out girl at the Safeway by my house asked me if I knew what was happening to the seals, penguins, polar bears, and Arctic foxes. I told her no, I hadn't , but that I'd never seen any of them in Colorado Springs regardless of weather.

"See...global warming is happening" was her reply.

How in hell do you reply that?

Mike
    Should have told her them polar bears are eating up the penguins, seen how smart she really was.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Nope.....We have snowshoes if we have to go anywhere...besides, I'm saving for another (smaller) drift boat....
    People buy sleds around here and then head your way to ride them, we have not had good snow to groom trails in awhile......
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by CHIRO1989 View Post
    People buy sleds around here and then head your way to ride them, we have not had good snow to groom trails in awhile......
    The FIL has a winter job grooming trails in the Upper Peninsula....big ass John Deere rig...with a heater....

Saw a report Valdez, AK got 40 inches in 90min

My area of the Stan has been 20's at night upper 30's in the day. Flurries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

High 30s to low 40s at night. 50s to 60s daytime with an occasional 70s thrown in by God for the golfers...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Chilly this morning... 41 F as measured by laser thermometer. Found a 39 F in a dark corner outside.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings?

Well we got every bit of what they called for. There was a good 6" of light fluffy stuff that I plowed at 5A this morning. Temp is 20 now (-6C) I have no idea what it was at 0507 but the cheap gloves didnt cut it. Did the road from the barn, the driveway, and 2 neighbors drives. Good thing is this should be a bump to the Camp Perry portion of the Black Ops fund that has been lacking for the last 2 years.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Lows in the 40's and highs in the 60's here. The locals are bundling up as if they were going to the ski lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

We had frost here 2 nights in a row 40 miles NW of Orlando. This is not unusual for my area in winter. Even after a frosty night the temps usually warm up to the low-mid 60's during the day.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Light dusting here. 32°F
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshooter3 View Post
    Lows in the 40's and highs in the 60's here. The locals are bundling up as if they were going to the ski lift.
    Those are mostly migrants from cold climates that have become accustomed to hot Florida weather, and feel cold at anything under 65-70 degrees. After living in NY my whole life, we moved to South Florida in 1990 where the daytime temperature rarely went below 65-70 degrees, and we lived down there for 5 years. After we moved to the Orlando area where the winter temperatures got 10 degrees colder in winter, we suddenly found ourselves freezing at anything under 60-65, depending on the wind-speed.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Southern hemisphere is getting warmer every day; around 60°F currently although it's still a bit colder in the nights. Our summer seems to be slightly delayed this year but will start going to the beach next weekend.

The FIL has a winter job grooming trails in the Upper Peninsula....big ass John Deere rig...with a heater....
    There's your ideal retirement job, outside in the woods, no people, playing with a big piece of machinery, beautiful scenery......

Geez...still snowing...7 degrees....I think I just saw a Wooly Mammoth walk by the window.....

Geez...still snowing...7 degrees....I think I just saw a Wooly Mammoth walk by the window.....
    Get out that .45-70 lever gun and track it down and kill it! That's enough meat for a year and then some!
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Between last night and now it's rained 3" and still coming down slow. Supposed to stop tomorrow sometime. Things are getting a bit soggy around the farm. Got water puddles in the yard, and the creek is getting a bit full.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    Between last night and now it's rained 3" and still coming down slow. Supposed to stop tomorrow sometime. Things are getting a bit soggy around the farm. Got water puddles in the yard, and the creek is getting a bit full.
    Are you bragging or complaining?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

80 F with a few white fluffy clouds today
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

High 30s today... stuff is melting....
    My oldest son is spending the winter in Argentina....keeps sending me pictures of sunny climes...

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    Are you bragging or complaining?
    Neither. This is typical December weather in East TN.

It is 6 degrees and got about 3" of snow today.

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post

What BC said. I've been having to bring my new Henna plant indoors at nite - they don't like weather colder than 50.
    Henna? Is it good to smoke? Actually, I was gonna ask chief if he was here in town, Because his report sounds just like ours.
    Last edited by snake284; 12-21-2017 at 07:25 AM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Cold & 26 here with rain coming in turning to ice & snow. Will need to get my running around done early to beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    Thanks for it sending my way. Yesterday it poured all day...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Thanks for it sending my way. Yesterday it poured all day...
    Rain falls on the just and the unjust equally. Up to you to figure out which one you are! La Nina is pitchin' a hissy fit with the weather. I expect the winter this year will be wet. It's 50° right now, so I'm good with the wet and warmer.

No nip slip here fella lol
    Who was it Janet Jackson? that had the nip slip at the super bowl half time show?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

75 degrees outside and sunny. cold front is supposed to blow through tonight and have it cold and rainy tomorrow
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov