Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the weather like?

Re: What's the weather like?

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    Rain falls on the just and the unjust equally. Up to you to figure out which one you are! La Nina is pitchin' a hissy fit with the weather. I expect the winter this year will be wet. It's 50° right now, so I'm good with the wet and warmer.
    Actually we’ve been having great warm and dry weather. Yesterday was truly a freak day.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Between last night and now it's rained 3" and still coming down slow. Supposed to stop tomorrow sometime. Things are getting a bit soggy around the farm. Got water puddles in the yard, and the creek is getting a bit full.
    According to a local tv station here, you've got more.coming tomorrow and Saturday.

Weather sucks here today
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerFan View Post
    According to a local tv station here, you've got more.coming tomorrow and Saturday.
    Yeah. And dry out a little Sunday, and a 40s-something Monday for Christmas day.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Cloudy here but we did miss the ice & snow yesterday.
    That was just fine with me.
    Good day to stay in ( if I can ) & get some work done on projects.

Yeah. And dry out a little Sunday, and a 40s-something Monday for Christmas day.
    Supposed to get up to 70 today, then down to the 30's tomorrow night. Sunday and Monday like you

Yesterday it was nearly 65 degrees. Right now it’s 48 and windy and not supposed to warm up much more. They’re saying it’ll be back to mid 60s to 70 by Christmas.

We're having cool, wet weather in the Dallas - Ft. Worth area today. Light rain, overcast and temps in the 40s.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Temps dropping again....about 28 and falling....spitting snow....going to be a frosty freaking Christmas....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

We are supposed to get a couple inches of snow tonight. I may actually get to deer hunt with snow on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

It's cold.

No wait, it's hot.

No, now it's definitely cold. Now it's raining.

Oops, now it's 75 degrees again.

For reference, my "cold" is in the 40s. Add humidity to that, and it's even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    It's cold.

No wait, it's hot.

No, now it's definitely cold. Now it's raining.

Oops, now it's 75 degrees again.

For reference, my "cold" is in the 40s. Add humidity to that, and it's even worse.
    You here in Eastern NC
    This message has been otherwise modified by NN.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    We're having cool, wet weather in the Dallas - Ft. Worth area today. Light rain, overcast and temps in the 40s.
    I typed too soon. That light rain just turned into heavy rain. Glad I'm not out in it.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Rain here. Supposed to be changing to snow. I need to get the four wheeler fired up.

Snowing just east of St. Louis, should have brought a bow. IL should let folks hunt over holiday weekends, with firearms.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by CHIRO1989 View Post
    Snowing just east of St. Louis, should have brought a bow. IL should let folks hunt over holiday weekends, with firearms.
    Our alternative method season opened yesterday and runs through the first. muzzle loaders , and centerfire handguns.

About 40° now, much colder at night, near zero or just below. We bought this place in 2007 and this is the first year we haven't had a white Christmas! Denver got about 7 inches yesterday and it was snowing in the springs this morning. The Sangre de Christo mountains are between us and them, so nothing here. We do have a little snow in the shady places left over from a week ago, and snow on the mountain tops down to about 9k'. We're at 7500'.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire

Made it up to 41° here today. Humid, windy, and cold outside. Supposed to be down to 28° in the morning with a high of 40° according to the weather prognosticator in Chattanooga. It will be colder here, I bet, since I'm halfway between there and Knoxville.

Anybody know when hibernation officially starts? I think sleeping until April would be a good idea!
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

We're just getting over a ferocious cold front - daytime highs dropped in the low 60s and even the 50s, nighttime lows hit bottom at 28 degrees. Today in the low 70s, Christmas Day will be 76-78 depending on which "meteorologist" you listen to. Anyway, thank God for a return to climatic sanity.

After several days in the 50s, enough is enough, I'm ready for spring. It's supposed to be that one of the benefits of living in a resort community is you get to live in a resort community.

West Portland, snow and ice, 32 F. Merry Christmas!
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings?

17 degrees and it snowed yesterday. It should snow today too-- a nice white Christmas!

It is a chilly 66 F early this Christmas morning. Once the sun comes up, it will get up to mid 80s, were going to the beach for ice cream this afternoon.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

It is 4 here now with the high getting to 14 30mph wind getting wind chill to -23 some blowing & drifting snow.
    After lunch at dad's I will hunker down here & play with projects. ( and throw some extra wood in ! )

26° this morning. NO SNOW! YEE HAW! It was windy all night so no frost to speak of either.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Our alternative method season opened yesterday and runs through the first. muzzle loaders , and centerfire handguns.
    I wish, we would be eating venison today.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Winter will be here with a vengeance next week.

Plus the worst part, we had a thunder storm yesterday and that is not good in these parts.
    And the forecast is playing true to the legend; we are to have snow next Fri.
    This message has been otherwise modified by NN.

It was 23 degrees on my front porch at sunrise. Supposed to be 70 today. Gotta love a near 50 degree temperature swing in 7 hours.

36 degrees, 15 mph wind, and sunny at 10:30 AM. Not bad.

We are suffering from a drought over here. Havent had any rain since the beginning of October................so I open this thread last night to see what you guys have got.
    10 minutes later the temp drops from 27deg celsius down to 19.
    This morning I got to sleep in till 6am, got up to have a light breakfast ( 2 mugs of coffee and a cigarette) and just poured the second mug when the heavens opened and the rain started.................

I should never have opened this thread! Got the rest of the week off and had planned a whole bunch of things to do like spotlighting possums, carrying out a bird cull, go chase some deer, spend some time at the range with the Tx3 243.

Forecast for the next 5 days varies from showers and light rain to thunderstorms and torrential rain. Might as well go back to work. At least the farmers will be happy.......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

COLD and clear here today.
    We had highs near 70° a few days ago and it's not supposed to get out of the 40s today.

I may fire up my smoker and cold smoke the 10# of cheddar (5# sharp, and 5# mild) today.
    I've learned that 60° is about as warm as it can be without me having to add a pan of ice to keep the smoker below 90.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.