Thread: Commiefornia at it again

Re: Commiefornia at it again

This is old news try and keep up.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Date line yesterday ! Here in Flaada we don't keep up with Commifornia

Quote Originally Posted by 104RFAST View Post
    Date line yesterday ! Here in Flaada we don't keep up with Commifornia
    And from the snarky response you got from a resident of that state, I'm sure that your sympathy level has shot up.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    And from the snarky response you got from a resident of that state, I'm sure that your sympathy level has shot up.
    Why wouldn't he (we) be snarky....look where we live in the heart of the evil empire!

Quote Originally Posted by pjames777 View Post
    Why wouldn't he (we) be snarky....look where we live in the heart of the evil empire!
    Hmmmm........sounds like a personal choice. Might want to get out of there, next major earthquake it's going to fall into the Pacific anyway. Move to Free Florida! We don't have any earthquakes.....just hurricanes, humidity, mosquitos, alligators, rain, lightning....tourists who drive like they don't have a clue where they are going but are not going to be late getting there....wait, you have those tourists too.
    Last edited by 10canyon53; 12-14-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 10canyon53 View Post
    Hmmmm........sounds like a personal choice. Might want to get out of there, next major earthquake it's going to fall into the Pacific anyway. Move to Free Florida! We don't have any earthquakes.....just hurricanes, humidity, mosquitos, alligators, rain, lightning....tourists who drive like they don't have a clue where they are going but are not going to be late getting there....wait, you have those tourists too.
    And overall, the drivers here in Florida *STILL* manage to be better than the ones I left behind in "Taxifornia" (I like that word!)! Even with the Snow Bird Liberals from New York and New Jersey!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

The best sight I've seen in a long time was the Commiefornia state line fading out of sight in my rear view mirrors- - - - -and that was in 1980!
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    And overall, the drivers here in Florida *STILL* manage to be better than the ones I left behind in "Taxifornia" (I like that word!)! Even with the Snow Bird Liberals from New York and New Jersey!
    Hate to burst your bubble, but Snowbird Season is just getting going......

Hate to burst your bubble, but Snowbird Season is just getting going......
    Like I said, Even with the Snow Bird Liberals...

...wait until the Canadians get here.
    Overkill is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    The best sight I've seen in a long time was the Commiefornia state line fading out of sight in my rear view mirrors- - - - -and that was in 1980!
    Where did you cross? I went across a beautiful bridge over the Colorado river into Arizona - blowing my horn all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    ...wait until the Canadians get here.
    Use to be a place in Jupiter FL called Harry and the Natives. They had great burgers and such but the best thing was the Snow Bird Specials ... it was a combo sandwich and fries with “free drink” funny thing is the combo was 10¢ more than the items rung up separately but the “special” tag would get the ones who were looking for a deal and would still the sugar packets off their table and the ones next to them .

As to their driving habits ... use to be the older and as osteoporosis caused them to get shorter the bigger their cars got. I’d see a freakin’ Cadillac boat going down I95 and seeing just the tops of gray heads barley over the dashboard ... driving 45mph on the damn interstate in the left lane.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by NCFUBAR View Post
    Use to be a place in Jupiter FL called Harry and the Natives. They had great burgers and such but the best thing was the Snow Bird Specials ... it was a combo sandwich and fries with “free drink” funny thing is the combo was 10¢ more than the items rung up separately but the “special” tag would get the ones who were looking for a deal and would still the sugar packets off their table and the ones next to them .

As to their driving habits ... use to be the older and as osteoporosis caused them to get shorter the bigger their cars got. I’d see a freakin’ Cadillac boat going down I95 and seeing just the tops of gray heads barley over the dashboard ... driving 45mph on the damn interstate in the left lane.
    That's just smart marketing. As for the driving, this could have been filmed in Florida, were it not for the hills.

Overkill is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    That's just smart marketing. As for the driving, this could have been filmed in Florida, were it not for the hills.

Could have been in the upper part of FL. Sayin'.
    My nephew that lives in Ft. Myers HATES riding with me when I'm down there in snowbird season. I hang out the driver's side window yelling at them to get the bleep moving or get out of the way. He ends up slumping way down in the passenger seat! I'm having fun and he's embarrassed to death!
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

I was terrified a few years ago when I heard the statistics on how many licensed drivers over the age of 100 we have in Florida....good thing most of them don't actually drive anymore. My late grandmother was always able to renew her license via mail because she had a perfect driving record.....that was because my late grandfather had not permitted her behind the wheel of a car in over 20 years.

Would love to leave. Wife has a son buried her and we visit the grave at least monthly and she will never leave!

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    Where did you cross?
    I spent several hours pulling up Tehachapi Pass from Bakersfield with a 1970 Cadillac Fleetwood, pulling an 18 foot 3-axle backhoe trailer with a plywood box built onto it. When I crossed the border into Arizona I had to buy an "oversize load" permit because my axles were wider than 96" and that process involved going across a set of truck scales.. The car and trailer together weighed 16,700 pounds! I got 5 MPG all the way to Tennessee. (2500 miles) Mary was following me in a 1959 Chevy Suburban and towing a Datsun 510 station wagon with all our clothes piled up in it. She was getting 10 MPG.
    Jerry
    Last edited by Teach; 12-14-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    I spent several hours pulling up Tehachapi Pass from Bakersfield with a 1970 Cadillac Fleetwood, pulling an 18 foot 3-axle backhoe trailer with a plywood box built onto it. When I crossed the border into Arizona I had to buy an "oversize load" permit because my axles were wider than 96" and that process involved going across a set of truck scales.. The car and trailer together weighed 16,700 pounds! I got 5 MPG all the way to Tennessee. (2500 miles) Mary was following me in a 1959 Chevy Suburban and towing a Datsun 510 station wagon with all our clothes piled up in it. She was getting 10 MPG.
    Jerry
    Same way I went - I originally wanted to go the northern route, but was scared of the weather and the car was grossly overloaded - and barely made it to Fl as it was.

I was at the shell station on the 58 outside of Bakersfield a couple years ago and watched a pickup head toward Tehachapi, guy had his truck piled twice as high as the truck was tall. Was swaying back and forth as he turned onto the freeway.
    figured we would see the truck laying on its side some where along the way but some how he made it all the way, ether that or went off the side of the mountain never to be seen again.

You see all kinds of crazy stuff - once watched a guy pull into Stove Pipe Wells in an overloaded station wagon towing a rather large Holiday Rambler travel trailer. The A-frame of its hitch was about 1/2 inch off the pavement. Bunch of people piled out of the car and the driver was yelling something about "... and you guys didn't think we'd make it!". He'd just driven this mess over the Panamint mountain range, which means he probably came out of Barstow, which means he got there either over the Tehachapis or more likely was some loon from LA.