Thread: NSSF Takes On Retired Generals Engaged In Gun Grabbing Nonsense

NSSF Takes On Retired Generals Engaged In Gun Grabbing Nonsense

NSSF Takes On Retired Generals Engaged In Gun Grabbing Nonsense.
    Sixteen of our nationís senior military officers recently penned a letter to Congress under the banner of the Giffords Veteran Coalition.
    They chose to lend their military authority and prestige to assist an ongoing political effort to further restrict their fellow law-abiding American citizensí Constitutional right to keep and bear arms because they mistakenly believe they know how to reduce criminal misuse of firearms.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/1...&newsletterad=

Re: NSSF Takes On Retired Generals Engaged In Gun Grabbing Nonsense

And many gun owners just can't imagine our own LEO's and military personnel enforcing gun confiscation if its ordered by the government. Scary, could lead to a bloody resolution if they try.

In all due respect sirs........you 16 can all go Hug A Root!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

These 16 bear out the old saying that 'cream isn't the only thing that floats to the top'.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    These 16 bear out the old saying that 'cream isn't the only thing that floats to the top'.
    Too many o!d officers that are used to people doing what they tell them to do without protest....."Uhhhhh Sir? In case you haven't noticed...I don't work for you anymore...."
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Too many o!d officers that are used to people doing what they tell them to do without protest....."Uhhhhh Sir? In case you haven't noticed...I don't work for you anymore...."
    All 16 need a refresher course on the Constitution. They're talking like tin pot dictators. Might want to refresh their memories on the oath they took, too. I have no use for anyone of any rank that violates that oath, no matter what rank they achieved.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Well in their own little worlds they ARE tin pot dictators, if you think about it...the military isn't a democracy...probably hard for them to get used to the idea that now, since they are civilians, what they think doesn't bear any more weight than what I think...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

That's rich coming from the NSSF/NRA who it would appear to be in league with said gun grabbers.

When Lawrence Keane of the NSSF said earlier this week that firearms owner should trust in him and the NSSF "we have your backs",not very reassuring.

GMB

Didn't the NRA endorse Harry Reid a while back? "Politics makes strange bedfellows"- - - -and the NRA and its lobbyists have been in an incestuous relationship with some of the gun grabbers for years. It's hard to drain a swamp when you're chin-deep in it on a daily basis.
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Quote Originally Posted by pjames777 View Post
    And many gun owners just can't imagine our own LEO's and military personnel enforcing gun confiscation if its ordered by the government. Scary, could lead to a bloody resolution if they try.
    16 retirees...I'd venture a guess that most of the upper military echelon thinks the same way. Can't allow the proles the means to defend themselves if the need ever arises for the military to impose martial law on a national scale.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    All 16 need a refresher course on the Constitution. They're talking like tin pot dictators. Might want to refresh their memories on the oath they took, too. I have no use for anyone of any rank that violates that oath, no matter what rank they achieved.
    Although not required. Every time I extended my enlistment I requested the oath be re-administered. I have never seen anything indicating the oath expires upon discharge/retirement.

The phrase "foreign and domestic" directly applies to these turncoat clowns. Just because they choose to violate their oaths doesn't mean the rest of us have to agree with their treason!
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!