Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sessions to go after legal pot

Re: Sessions to go after legal pot

NPR reported that the AG plans on leaving medical pot alone.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by early View Post
    So you are saying he is selectively enforcing the laws/regulations as he personally sees fit and this is not an effort to strengthen the country by enforcing the rule of law as it is written? I thought we were doing something different than what they did during the Obama administration. I guess not.

That blows some of the earlier posts on this thread to hell.

I don't know, by the time politicians and lawers start convoluting laws its hard to see through the smoke, in a manner of speaking
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by early View Post
    Would it be possible for me to own a medicinal Browning Automatic Rifle? Y'know. . .as an antidepressant?
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    So you are saying he is selectively enforcing the laws/regulations as he personally sees fit and this is not an effort to strengthen the country by enforcing the rule of law as it is written? I thought we were doing something different than what they did during the Obama administration. I guess not.

That blows some of the earlier posts on this thread to hell.
    That just means that 'medicinal pot' will end up being as easy to get as 'medicinal opiates'. So nothing really changes. The Mexican cartels can grow and move product North and make exorbitant profits as usual. Same old retarded mess; just someone else driving the short bus at DOJ.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    That just means that 'medicinal pot' will end up being as easy to get as 'medicinal opiates'. So nothing really changes. The Mexican cartels can grow and move product North and make exorbitant profits as usual. Same old retarded mess; just someone else driving the short bus at DOJ.
    Pretty much.

Sessions is an old school Washington swamp rat- - - - -and a whiz-poor choice for AG. He needs to step down and clear the way for somebody with a pair of balls- - - -maybe David Clarke?
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Sessions is an old school Washington swamp rat- - - - -and a whiz-poor choice for AG. He needs to step down and clear the way for somebody with a pair of balls- - - -maybe David Clarke?

I agree 100%. I can't figure out why Trump keeps him. He should have been gone for awhile. Clarke would be excellent.
    We as a country have a blown engine, a transmission that slips in every forward gear, and a rear diff with a loud whine. And our politicians keep trying to spray armorall on the tires and proudly step back as if they are helping fix the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    Would it be possible for me to own a medicinal Browning Automatic Rifle? Y'know. . .as an antidepressant?
    Sign me up.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Sessions has watched Reefer Madness way too many times....but I predicted he was going to do this..

As far as medical marijuana is concerned.... someone I care about very much had been on prescription opioids for years in an effort to control debilitating pain...until she decided to give medical cannabis a try..she got her card and in about a month, opioids were no longer a part of her life and the pain is under control with none of the side effects of opioids....

For those not familiar with it, she doesn't smoke weed, but uses a cannabis distillate in a vape pen....it's done a world of good for her.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Last edited by Armoredman; 01-10-2018 at 06:09 AM.

Pot is not on my list of top ten concerns for the DOJ. Sessions has proven to be a swamp dweller, it's time
    for a new AG

Sessions will go after the dispensaries that are open to the public, advertise openly, and pay taxes. Easy "busts" and very little risk. His boys will beat and taze cancer patients and shoot their companion dogs.

Meanwhile, the people who are an actual threat to society continue as usual... lopping off heads and making piles of untaxed cash.

What a 'king hero.
    Last edited by CaliFFL; 01-06-2018 at 03:32 PM.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Sessions has watched Reefer Madness way too many times....but I predicted he was going to do this..

As far as medical marijuana is concerned.... someone I care about very much had been on prescription opioids for years in an effort to control debilitating pain...until she decided to give medical cannabis a try..she got her card and in about a month, opioids were no longer a part of her life and the pain is under control with none of the side effects of opioids....

For those not familiar with it, she doesn't smoke weed, but uses a cannabis distillate in a vape pen....it's done a world of good for her.....
    For the true medical uses it's been a real game changer. There are several forms of marijuana oil with the THC that are removed that are used for several different medical problems. Glaucoma is one. Does what the synthetic drugs do without the nasty side effects. And for chemo patients that can't hold down food after treatment it's been a real gift to them. They can eat food and hold it down.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

For the true medical uses it's been a real game changer. There are several forms of marijuana oil with the THC that are removed that are used for several different medical problems. Glaucoma is one. Does what the synthetic drugs do without the nasty side effects. And for chemo patients that can't hold down food after treatment it's been a real gift to them. They can eat food and hold it down.
    Which leads to another huge reason for the feds refusing to reclassify it. It's actually highly effective in a number of areas that compete strongly with high dollar drugs from big pharma. The amount of cash they funnel into Washington rivals that of any other industry. And the more states that legalize it the longer it's legal the more costs are driven down making it even more appealing from a medical perspective. It also explains why they made it illegal to even study the medical effectiveness.
    Last edited by alphasigmookie; 01-06-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post

That silly 1930's movie is more or less the basis for all the hysteria regarding smoking weed, and probably one of the main reasons for the lack of medical use nationwide.
    Last edited by Make_My_Day; 01-06-2018 at 06:24 PM.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Or the fact that it will never be able to be defined by the FDA because the potency is variable. Dont you think that after all of the studies, all of the years the pro pot folks have tried, that it would be defined by now? There havent even been enough complete studies to determine that sucking in aromatic hydrocarbons from pot is worse or less worse than sucking them in from cigarettes.
    http://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smo...ng-health.html
    While this statement focuses on marijuana and lung health, it's important to note that there are other health concerns outside the lungs attributed to marijuana use that are not addressed here, including neurological and cognitive effects.1,2
    Bottom Line

Smoking marijuana clearly damages the human lung, and regular use leads to chronic bronchitis and can cause an immune-compromised person to be more susceptible to lung infections. No one should be exposed to secondhand marijuana smoke. Due to the risks it poses to lung health, the American Lung Association strongly cautions the public against smoking marijuana as well as tobacco products. More research is needed into the effects of marijuana on health, especially lung health.
    Pot is not a healthy alternative to booze or anything else. A couple weeks ago a local guy wacked his girlfriend, while he was high, on pot. POOF there goes the "just mellow" argument.

I work with a guy who was toked up the entire time he was in HS according to everyone who knew him. It shows. He isnt dumb, but sometimes it takes a looooong time ti get a point accross, like 7-10 answers to the same question in 5 min. He is a walking example of why one shouldnt smoke pot.

Please feel free to smoke it up though. Leaves more jobs open for my kids.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    That silly 1930's movie is more or less the basis for all the hysteria regarding smoking weed, and probably one the main reasons for the lack of medical use nationwide.
    If you follow the rabbit tracks all the way back to the beginning, marijuana was first outlawed in NM and AZ due to a little overt racism. The white folk didn't want the brown folk getting the white girls high on it. And the black musicians were known to use it back then, too. Same with the opium smokers and the opium dens in the mid to late 1800s. White wimmins going to opium dens mingling with the Chinese to get their fix. If you read the history available on the internet now, drugs weren't really a problem when they were readily available. They only became a problem when the fledgling FDA started regulating and banning certain substances. The government meddled and made a freaking mess, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by alphasigmookie View Post
    Which leads to another huge reason for the feds refusing to reclassify it. It's actually highly effective in a number of areas that compete strongly with high dollar drugs from big pharma. The amount of cash they funnel into Washington rivals that of any other industry. And the more states that legalize it the longer it's legal the more costs are driven down making it even more appealing from a medical perspective. It also explains why they made it illegal to even study the medical effectiveness.
    The University of Mississippi, Ole Miss, has a marijuana research program. For years it was the only place in the U.S. to legally grow marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    Pot is not a healthy alternative to booze or anything else. A couple weeks ago a local guy wacked his girlfriend, while he was high, on pot. POOF there goes the "just mellow" argument.

I work with a guy who was toked up the entire time he was in HS according to everyone who knew him. It shows. He isnt dumb, but sometimes it takes a looooong time ti get a point accross, like 7-10 answers to the same question in 5 min. He is a walking example of why one shouldnt smoke pot. .
    Thank you. I can usually tell a habitual pot user - the "lotus eater" syndrome at the very least. Grandiose plans that go exactly no-where.

I see a lot of "arrested development" from pot smokers - and perhaps other drug users as well. That's why there are tons of 30,40,50,60 year old teenagers who play video games all day and often still live at home with their parents. I personally know several, including a 46 year old 17 year old.

With all this said, legalize it. The Gov't shouldn't be in the business of protecting people from themselves, just protecting people from others. Someone else here had a great idea, some kind of "user's card" and you don't get EMS. Fair enough trade.
    Last edited by zorba; 01-06-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

If you follow the rabbit tracks all the way back to the beginning, marijuana was first outlawed in NM and AZ due to a little overt racism. The white folk didn't want the brown folk getting the white girls high on it. And the black musicians were known to use it back then, too. Same with the opium smokers and the opium dens in the mid to late 1800s. White wimmins going to opium dens mingling with the Chinese to get their fix. If you read the history available on the internet now, drugs weren't really a problem when they were readily available. They only became a problem when the fledgling FDA started regulating and banning certain substances. The government meddled and made a freaking mess, as usual.
    I'm somewhat familiar with the push to regulate drugs somewhere around the turn of the 20th century, and then a guy named Anslinger who pushed for the criminalization of pot using that anti-weed movie "Reefer Madness." Before the FDA, cough medicines and pep tonics containing Opium and/or Cocaine were available over the counter in Pharmacies. Also, the world famous Coca Cola contained in it's original recipe a small quantity of Coca leaf extract.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    Thank you. I can usually tell a habitual pot user - the "lotus eater" syndrome at the very least. Grandiose plans that go exactly no-where.

I see a lot of "arrested development" from pot smokers - and perhaps other drug users as well. That's why there are tons of 30,40,50,60 year old teenagers who play video games all day and often still live at home with their parents. I personally know several, including a 46 year old 17 year old.

With all this said, legalize it. The Gov't shouldn't be in the business of protecting people from themselves, just protecting people from others. Someone else here had a great idea, some kind of "user's card" and you don't get EMS. Fair enough trade.
    Thar was me, the Drug Users card. Been on that for years.

In the 1800's we also didnt take steal tax dollars when those same people were dying in the street. If you can step over the addicts, it isnt a problem. When we decided that it was a disease and not a lifestyle choice that is that persons problem. No free health care, no free food, you want to waste yourself getting high, go for it. We will pay for a couple of guys to toss you in a unmarked hole so you dont stink up the place more than you already have.

When we stopped treating it as a choice is when the govt got involved.

Pot does not = alcohol.

My wife drinks alcohol all of the time. One or two with dinner. Sometimes one beer or glass of wine at night watching TV. No intoxication. No buzz.....

A pot user does not take one small puff and stop. Once it's lit, getting high is a the goal 100% of the time....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    Also, the world famous Coca Cola contained in it's original recipe a small quantity of Coca leaf extract.
    In fact, they still use 'spent' coca leaves for flavoring. At least, the last I heard, a year or so ago they still were, although they were working on an alternative. That's probably what the 'New' Coke was about several years ago, when they found out people didn't like it.

It would be nice if many things were regulated at a state level instead of a national one, including this one. It does seem funny that a lot of the people that are going to be upset about this issue would be having a cow if it was something else that some states wanted to do differently than the feds, oh like abortion or silencers. I do not know what the answer to pot should be, I was talking to a prison guard and he said almost every prisoner has drugs in their past. I understand that could be for a lot of different reasons, I am sure most of them had a red meat diet too, doesn't mean it caused it, but something to think about. However the ag's job is to enforce the law as it is, not how it became that way or whether he likes or agrees with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bisley View Post
    In fact, they still use 'spent' coca leaves for flavoring. At least, the last I heard, a year or so ago they still were, although they were working on an alternative. That's probably what the 'New' Coke was about several years ago, when they found out people didn't like it.
    Several years ago? Like 30 years ago. Time flies when you're old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

All proponents of marijuana legalization swear that it is not a gateway drug, because it is not physically addictive. They are wrong, in my experience. I agree that it is not addictive in a biological way, but the desire to escape reality is addictive, and I've known lots of folks (in my distant past) who used it every day. None of them ever advanced in their jobs or had successful marriages, and quite a few did move on to speed, mescaline, LSD, etc. and probably much worse after I lost contact with them.

The use of it puts you on a certain road that it's very easy to get stuck on. Most of the folks I knew finally let it go, altogether, and had mostly normal lives, but I don't have a lot of confidence that the snowflake generation can do that. It takes a pretty good dose of reality to get off of the wrong road, and there are way too many kids out there now that just don't do reality very well.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post

Really? I would have guessed 15 years. Anyway, the show I saw that said they were still using spent coca leaves was on the Hitler channel, about a month ago. It was probably a rerun from 2-3 years ago.

Yep, time flies when your getting old, but you can be old for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Crap, I'M m gonna' die soon!