Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 40

Thread: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

  1. #1
    Senior Member JerryBobCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Podunk, Tx.
    Posts
    5,701

    Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Sorry about being so vague regarding the model, but I'm asking about a gun I don't have ready access to. Allow me to explain.

    My brother was born in 1961. When he was 11 or 12, my dad bought him a youth model 6mm in one of the models listed in the title line. My brother killed a deer and a turkey with it, but has never really been a hunter. I doubt he has shot it since he was 16. He has 3 sons, but all of them are grown, and probably would never hunt with it.

    It's definitely a youth model. I borrowed it about 15 years ago to let my then 13 year old son use it. He killed an antelope with it, and the gun fit him well. I found it way to short for me.

    Now, I have a 4 year old grandson and hope that the hunting bug eventually bites him. I'm thinking of trying to buy the rifle from my brother, but am not sure what it's worth. I want to make him a fair offer. Even then, I don't know if he wants to sell it.

    I have looked on the internet and can't find exactly what I described. I've found several 600/660/mohawks in 6mm, but am not sure they fit in the youth category. They range in price from about $900 to $1600 based on condition. I figure my brother's gun is in 95% or better condition, as it hasn't seen a lot of use.

    Any way, if anyone has any idea what this gun might be worth, or where I can find out more, I would be appreciative. I'm also open to alternatives. I sort of hate to spend a whole lot on a rifle that will only see a few years of use.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

  2. #2
    Senior Member snake284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,971

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    Sorry about being so vague regarding the model, but I'm asking about a gun I don't have ready access to. Allow me to explain.

    My brother was born in 1961. When he was 11 or 12, my dad bought him a youth model 6mm in one of the models listed in the title line. My brother killed a deer and a turkey with it, but has never really been a hunter. I doubt he has shot it since he was 16. He has 3 sons, but all of them are grown, and probably would never hunt with it.

    It's definitely a youth model. I borrowed it about 15 years ago to let my then 13 year old son use it. He killed an antelope with it, and the gun fit him well. I found it way to short for me.

    Now, I have a 4 year old grandson and hope that the hunting bug eventually bites him. I'm thinking of trying to buy the rifle from my brother, but am not sure what it's worth. I want to make him a fair offer. Even then, I don't know if he wants to sell it.

    I have looked on the internet and can't find exactly what I described. I've found several 600/660/mohawks in 6mm, but am not sure they fit in the youth category. They range in price from about $900 to $1600 based on condition. I figure my brother's gun is in 95% or better condition, as it hasn't seen a lot of use.

    Any way, if anyone has any idea what this gun might be worth, or where I can find out more, I would be appreciative. I'm also open to alternatives. I sort of hate to spend a whole lot on a rifle that will only see a few years of use.
    That's a fine example of a youth rifle if there ever was one. The 6mm is better used in an intermediate length action, but will still usually best a .243 even in the short action. One problem is ammo. 6mm ammo is becoming rare. However, if you reload, problem solved. If you don't reload, there's still some 6mm ammo out there. I think Remington and Federal still make 80 and 100 grain soft points for it. I actually saw a few boxes in the local Academy not long back. If you buy the gun just buy you a couple hundred dollars worth of ammo. Then think about reloading if you don't already.

    I had one for right at 20 years before I lost it in a divorce. And I don't think I ever had more than 100 pieces of brass during that 20 years. The only factory ammo I ever shot in it was some 80 grain Remington Core Lokts I bought when I bought the gun to get the brass and to hear the gun go boom. I loaded Sierra Game King and Sierra Pro Hunter 100 grains for mine the whole time I had it.

    My 6mm was a Remington 700 BDL and I probably killed 10 deer with that rifle. It was a shooter. As for price, I would think 500-600 would be a fair price for one. They aren't exactly rare and Remington 600s-660s, while not a dime a dozen are out there to be had. I think it would be the perfect gun for your grandson. And if he ends up liking it, when he outgrows it, he can always get a good stock of adult proportions and keep shooting it. It's plenty of gun for an adult providing the stock fits him.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

  3. #3
    Senior Member bisley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    9,210

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    I bought a Model 600 Mohawk in .243 with a medium contour barrel, Leupold Vari-X II scope, about 5-6 years ago, for $500. It was a steal at that price - I would have probably paid $750, and they are likely even higher, today. It is a very good shooter, groups well under MOA with factory ammo. I replaced the trigger with a Timney, because it had never been sent back, and replaced the bottom metal and trigger guard (both plastic, originally). I also replaced the scope mount with a one piece picatinny rail, because there is only one rear screw for the rear mount (it was working fine - I just didn't like it).

    Shootbrownelk knows something about this model. Maybe he will chime in, directly.

  4. #4
    Senior Member bisley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    9,210

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Jerry, I reread your post and have another comment about alternatives. I bought two new Weatherby Vanguard Carbines a few years back, for around $400 each (before scoping). They are great little carbines with 20" thin barrels and are basically the same as a Howa 1500, but with a little better stock (composite or plastic, but pretty stiff) and a very decent trigger. I gave them to my SIL's for some work they did. One of my grandsons has killed several deer and hogs with the one I gave his dad. They are 7mm-08's and have light recoil and shoot MOA with factory ammo.

    I sighted both of them in, after adding Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 scopes, and they are nice rifles.

  5. #5
    Senior Member CHIRO1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Keep the rifle in the family, just ask him what he wants.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

  6. #6
    Senior Member JerryBobCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Podunk, Tx.
    Posts
    5,701

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by bisley View Post
    Jerry, I reread your post and have another comment about alternatives. I bought two new Weatherby Vanguard Carbines a few years back, for around $400 each (before scoping). They are great little carbines with 20" thin barrels and are basically the same as a Howa 1500, but with a little better stock (composite or plastic, but pretty stiff) and a very decent trigger. I gave them to my SIL's for some work they did. One of my grandsons has killed several deer and hogs with the one I gave his dad. They are 7mm-08's and have light recoil and shoot MOA with factory ammo.

    I sighted both of them in, after adding Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 scopes, and they are nice rifles.
    Bisley, would it be suitable for a 9-11 year old?
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

  7. #7
    Senior Member JerryBobCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Podunk, Tx.
    Posts
    5,701

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by CHIRO1989 View Post
    Keep the rifle in the family, just ask him what he wants.
    Not a bad idea. My brother may have that very thing in mind. When my dad passed, it was at my dad's. He took it with him, so he has some attachment to it.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

  8. #8
    Senior Member CHIRO1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    Not a bad idea. My brother may have that very thing in mind. When my dad passed, it was at my dad's. He took it with him, so he has some attachment to it.
    You might get to introduce a grandniece or nephew to hunting, then you and Linefinder will have some elk dragger outers, win win.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,090

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    They're definitely collectible. A youth model would add to the value, I'd think. Be aware there was a recall on the 600 or 660 due to the gun firing while on safe, or something like that. You can probably do a search and find the details.

    One of them (660 or 600) had the ribbed barrel. They're popular in my neck of the woods but almost never seen.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

  10. #10
    Senior Member JerryBobCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Podunk, Tx.
    Posts
    5,701

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    They're definitely collectible. A youth model would add to the value, I'd think. Be aware there was a recall on the 600 or 660 due to the gun firing while on safe, or something like that. You can probably do a search and find the details.

    One of them (660 or 600) had the ribbed barrel. They're popular in my neck of the woods but almost never seen.
    I'm aware of the recall, but don't know if my brother or dad ever took advantage of it. I can't remember if it had the ribbed barrel. It's been well over 10 years since I've seen it.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

  11. #11
    Moderator Wambli Ska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Working on my tan!
    Posts
    23,778

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    Bisley, would it be suitable for a 9-11 year old?
    If you decide to go with the Howa I have a REALLY nice synthetic stock (an older one, solid, not hollow plastic) that I bought for a project that I have not gotten to on eBay for the 1500 SA that happens to be youth/ladies sized and you can have it for what I paid for it. There are a lot of good deals on HOWA guns out there. Just PM me if you need it.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

  12. #12
    Senior Member bisley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    9,210

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    I'm aware of the recall, but don't know if my brother or dad ever took advantage of it. I can't remember if it had the ribbed barrel. It's been well over 10 years since I've seen it.
    Mine was never sent in. I forget how you can tell this, but the info is available from the Remington web site. The guy I bought it from hunted with it for years and never even knew about the recall, so, while it is a possibility that it can fire under certain conditions when the safety is flicked off, it is unlikely. I tried to make mine 'go off' and never could, but I eventually put the Timney in it because it will belong to my youngest grandson, who I loan it to every deer season.

    As for your question about the suitability of the 7mm-08 for the 9-11 year old, it has slightly more recoil than the .243, but my oldest shot a hog with it when he was about 12, and wasn't bothered by it. It wouldn't have bothered me or you, but I can't say about a kid who didn't grow up shooting. It's really pretty mild, though. Anyway, they are available in .243, and I think the stock would probably fit well enough. Both of my grandsons have successfully shot grown-up guns at that age, but they were big boys.

  13. #13
    Senior Member JerryBobCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Podunk, Tx.
    Posts
    5,701

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    If you decide to go with the Howa I have a REALLY nice synthetic stock (an older one, solid, not hollow plastic) that I bought for a project that I have not gotten to on eBay for the 1500 SA that happens to be youth/ladies sized and you can have it for what I paid for it. There are a lot of good deals on HOWA guns out there. Just PM me if you need it.
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

  14. #14
    Senior Member JerryBobCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Podunk, Tx.
    Posts
    5,701

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by bisley View Post
    Mine was never sent in. I forget how you can tell this, but the info is available from the Remington web site. The guy I bought it from hunted with it for years and never even knew about the recall, so, while it is a possibility that it can fire under certain conditions when the safety is flicked off, it is unlikely. I tried to make mine 'go off' and never could, but I eventually put the Timney in it because it will belong to my youngest grandson, who I loan it to every deer season.

    As for your question about the suitability of the 7mm-08 for the 9-11 year old, it has slightly more recoil than the .243, but my oldest shot a hog with it when he was about 12, and wasn't bothered by it. It wouldn't have bothered me or you, but I can't say about a kid who didn't grow up shooting. It's really pretty mild, though. Anyway, they are available in .243, and I think the stock would probably fit well enough. Both of my grandsons have successfully shot grown-up guns at that age, but they were big boys.
    Thanks. I've read the info on the web site, and would have to check the rifle to see if it needs the modification. I had a Remington 700 for years, but don't recall if it fell in the group that had the problem. I know it never went off unless I pulled the trigger.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

  15. #15
    Moderator Wambli Ska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Working on my tan!
    Posts
    23,778

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.
    No rush, not going anywhere...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Logansport Indiana, by way of Hohenwald Tennessee by way of Cocoa Florida
    Posts
    1,635

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Jerry, I have a model 600 in 6mm Remington, the one with the ventilated rib. My dad bought it at an estate auction for $75.00, the auctioneer looked at the end of the barrel and thought it was a .22. It has a Simmons Whitetail Hunter 3x9x40 scope on it and it is a tack driver. I have it loaded with 100 grain Nosler Partitions over H1000. Brass is available, or you can easily reform 257 Roberts brass for it..........robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    They're definitely collectible. A youth model would add to the value, I'd think. Be aware there was a recall on the 600 or 660 due to the gun firing while on safe, or something like that. You can probably do a search and find the details.

    One of them (660 or 600) had the ribbed barrel. They're popular in my neck of the woods but almost never seen.
    If it's got the ribbed barrel and shark-fin front sight it's a 600 Mowhawk, the 660 has a plain barrel. I have a 660 in .243. I paid $400/? I think....some years ago.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,394

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    If you're going to use Gunbroker and other auction sites as your "Blue Book", you'd do best to look at what's actually getting bids, rather than what items are listed for. There definitely seems to be a contingent of sellers with the opinion that, since they have the entirety of the Internet looking, they can list stupid high and wait for the suckers.

    Good little rifle, as you know, but basically, it's a shortened 700 action with a dogleg bolt handle, plastic bottom metal, and a plastic shotgun rib, from the age of stamped checkering, in a chambering that's a bit of an oddball for folks who don't reload. It sounds like somebody's cut the stock (you can still buy factory replacements). In my world, that makes for about a $400 utilitarian hunting rifle - and that's if we're NOT relatives. There's a good chance it might be yours for the asking if your brother isn't using it and is sensitive to the needs of a young hunter.
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

  19. #19
    Senior Member cpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MOzambique
    Posts
    35,599

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    Bisley, would it be suitable for a 9-11 year old?
    My daughter has used a 7-08 for the past 2-3 years, and at that age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

    I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

  20. #20
    Senior Member JerryBobCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Podunk, Tx.
    Posts
    5,701

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    If you're going to use Gunbroker and other auction sites as your "Blue Book", you'd do best to look at what's actually getting bids, rather than what items are listed for. There definitely seems to be a contingent of sellers with the opinion that, since they have the entirety of the Internet looking, they can list stupid high and wait for the suckers.

    Good little rifle, as you know, but basically, it's a shortened 700 action with a dogleg bolt handle, plastic bottom metal, and a plastic shotgun rib, from the age of stamped checkering, in a chambering that's a bit of an oddball for folks who don't reload. It sounds like somebody's cut the stock (you can still buy factory replacements). In my world, that makes for about a $400 utilitarian hunting rifle - and that's if we're NOT relatives. There's a good chance it might be yours for the asking if your brother isn't using it and is sensitive to the needs of a young hunter.
    He's already lent it to me when my younger son was 12-13, so I doubt that he would be opposed to doing it again. Borrowing might actually make more sense than buying. It would certainly be cheaper. But, it would be good to know a fair value if he would rather sell it.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    He's already lent it to me when my younger son was 12-13, so I doubt that he would be opposed to doing it again. Borrowing might actually make more sense than buying. It would certainly be cheaper. But, it would be good to know a fair value if he would rather sell it.
    If it's as nice as you say it is, I'd say that $600.00 is a fair price between brothers. I'd be all over it for that price. If you don't buy it, he may sell to someone else. I wouldn't let it get away myself.

  22. #22
    Senior Member snake284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,971

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    The Model's 600, 660, and 7 are all the same action which is the same as the 700 series, 721, 722, 725, and 700 only somewhat smaller and lighter. They all had basically the same trigger up until about 2006-2007 or so and suffered from a similar problem of the rifle going off when moved from safe to fire, when Remington came out with the X-Mark Pro Trigger. which was supposed to have cured the (some say) perceived problem of going off when the safety was moved from Safe to Fire position.

    However, the first generation X Mark Pros, which began to appear around 2006, had issues of their own which could make them unsafe. In 2014 Remington revised the X-Mark Pro trigger, as well, which is supposed to be safe now, and has a recall on the first ones. However, as is, out of the box, this newer trigger is a work of crapola in my opinion. It comes from the factory at about 7-8 pounds pull weight. The original X-Mark Pro was supposed to be adjustable but I never had luck with one.

    Here the last 2 or 3 years Remington finally bit the bullet and decided to replace all the old original style or as some people call them, Walker triggers found on rifles made from the late 40s when the 721-722s came out to before or around 2006 (I believe, if not 2005, I'm not totally sure exactly but before the first version of the X-Mark Pro came out) with the newer revised version of the X-Mark Pro The Revised 2014 trigger is supposed to be gun smith adjustable. I took one to my gun smith and he adjusted it, but he couldn't get the pull weight down much below 4 pounds safely.

    Seeing the 600-660 models were all made way before Remington revised the trigger or changed the design, these all have, unless theyve had their trigger replaced, original Walker Style triggers and are, according to several experts and at least one member here, subject to becoming unsafe. If it's me and I was going to let a kid or woman, or hell, anyone inexperienced with guns, use one, I'd do what Bisley did and as soon as I could I'd replace the factory trigger with a Timney or other good aftermarket design. One piece of advice, if you buy one used anywhere, make sure it hasn't already had the original trigger replaced with a Timney or other aftermarket design.
    Last edited by snake284; 01-09-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

  23. #23
    Senior Member wizard78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Florida
    Posts
    962

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    History
    The Model 660 emerged from the success of the Model 600, which was originally produced from 1964 to 1967.[4] In 1968, the Model 660 was introduced as a redesign of the Model 600. Main changes included elimination of the ventilated rib and a 2-inch (5.1 cm) increase in the length of the barrel.[2] After 3 years, the M660 was discontinued and the Model 600 Mohawk was introduced.

    Remington Model 600 Mohawk
    Model 600 Mohawk. Same specs as the Model 600 except featuring an 18.5 in (47 cm) barrel with no rib. It was a promotional model produced from 1971-1980

    Depending on geography, average price in good condition for basic calibers is around $500.
    The rare 223, the mannlicher stock models and heavy weight 350 mag. bring a more.`

    Sweet carbines.

    Last edited by wizard78; 01-10-2018 at 02:11 AM.
    The nicest place to be is in someone's thoughts,
    the safest place to be is in someone's prayers,
    and the very best place to be is....in the hands of God.

  24. #24
    Senior Member snake284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,971

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard78 View Post
    History
    The Model 660 emerged from the success of the Model 600, which was originally produced from 1964 to 1967.[4] In 1968, the Model 660 was introduced as a redesign of the Model 600. Main changes included elimination of the ventilated rib and a 2-inch (5.1 cm) increase in the length of the barrel.[2] After 3 years, the M660 was discontinued and the Model 600 Mohawk was introduced.

    Remington Model 600 Mohawk
    Model 600 Mohawk. Same specs as the Model 600 except featuring an 18.5 in (47 cm) barrel with no rib. It was a promotional model produced from 1971-1980

    Depending on geography, average price in good condition for basic calibers is around $500.
    The rare 223, the mannlicher stock models and heavy weight 350 mag. bring a more.`

    Sweet carbines.

    With a barrel that short a 6MM is a waste. A 6MM is a little on the overbore side for that short of a barrel. I would think all you guys wanting 300 BOs would be looking for these small Remington Actions to build the BOs. An 18" barrel threaded on the end for a can would be perfect for the 300 BO. Or you could whack off another 2" for a 16 inch length. Add the can and you're still only out to 18". That would be for me a perfect platform for a hog gun. And all in a beautiful classic package.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

  25. #25
    Senior Member bisley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    9,210

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    With a barrel that short a 6MM is a waste. A 6MM is a little on the overbore side for that short of a barrel.
    Please explain this. Isn't a 6mm basically the same as a .243, in a hunting round? I understand that the extra velocity a long barrel can give you is helpful for long range shooting, but as a hunting rifle, it likely will not be used much past 300 yards, so why not a carbine in 6mm/.243?

  26. #26
    Senior Member JerryBobCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Podunk, Tx.
    Posts
    5,701

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by bisley View Post
    Please explain this. Isn't a 6mm basically the same as a .243, in a hunting round? I understand that the extra velocity a long barrel can give you is helpful for long range shooting, but as a hunting rifle, it likely will not be used much past 300 yards, so why not a carbine in 6mm/.243?
    And better yet, why even bring this up? Yet again, Snake, you answered a question that wasn't asked.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

  27. #27
    Moderator Linefinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,723

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Jerry, if you do wind up getting it.....and it's chambered in 6mm Rem..handload for it.

    H4350 under 95 grain NBT's at 3250 feeps will do any Texas deer you're likely to encounter well past a quarter mile. (Remember my last antegoat...bullet didn't even know it was there and blew through it like butter).

    Smaller stuff, same powder, 75 grain V-Maxes at 3750 feeps. Flat. To way out there. It's always made me look better than I am.

    Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter

  28. #28
    Moderator Linefinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,723

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Oh, I posted the above due to the barrel length discussion. Regardless of barrel length, H4350 is the it for the 6mm Rem. Period.

    Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter

  29. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,858

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    And better yet, why even bring this up? Yet again, Snake, you answered a question that wasn't asked.
    I'm waiting for the lecture on my 20" 7mm Rem Mag

    Sako

  30. #30
    Moderator Linefinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,723

    Re: Remington m600/660/mohawk 6mm value?

    Quote Originally Posted by sakodude View Post
    I'm waiting for the lecture on my 20" 7mm Rem Mag

    Sako
    Actually, that sounds pretty nice. The only 7mm Rem Mag I've shot was Jerry's....offhand, at a tree a hundred yards away. I didn't get scope-bit, but I lost my cap. A little less barrel length would cut down on the inertia I thought.

    You can tailor a load for anything. Even a 6 or 7 mm.

    Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •