Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oprah thinking of running for president

Re: Oprah thinking of running for president

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    There was an interview with Hannity in the same video panel that you posted, where he denied being serious about that possibility. Regardless, I think his comments were inconsequential. Her comments were much more important, IMO. Since you deleted the second part of my original comments in your quote I guess you read them, so how is there any comparison? All the nevertrumpers sound the same...it's only what HE says, not the other person. No bias there....LOL
    I am not disputing what she said. I am pointing out that she is your buddy's buddy-- or at least she was until it became inconvenient for him. Just like Anthony Wiener, the Clintons, Chuck Schumer, etc. By supporting him, you are sort of endorsing them in a way.

Support your local Scouts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    I am not disputing what she said. I am pointing out that she is your buddy's buddy-- or at least she was until it became inconvenient for him. Just like Anthony Wiener, the Clintons, Chuck Schumer, etc. By supporting him, you are sort of endorsing them in a way.
    Oh, give me a effing break. I can't stand any of those people, and your analogy is BS. He knew and liked a lot of people before he was a candidate, so I don't give a crap who he hobnobbed with before, it's what happens now that's important. You're using the same scummy analogies that the left uses to degrade Trump. That would be like saying because all of us carry guns, we are all potential murderers.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

So using your logic, it would be wrong to associate Obama with Jeremiah Wright or Bill Ayers. Oprah with Harvey Weinstein, or the Clintons with darn near everyone. Or do you only mean to apply that standard to people you don't like?

Or maybe we should apply the same lame ass excuses you use for Trump on Oprah... since when she said what she said, she wasn't a candidate at the time, it doesn't matter.

Apples & Oranges. My video was a specific reason some people would not want to vote for Oprah, since she seems to present an anti-old-white bias. Your lame-ass video makes no sense to me at all, and doesn't prove a damn thing. Now we could re-create the spirit of the pot thread and argue back and fourth, and provide links and verbiage forever, but I'm not that invested in this conversation, so you can continue, but I'm not going to. It's useless arguing with someone that is convinced the other person is wrong and they are right. I get that about this forum and some people here.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

I am bringing up your own arguments that you use to defend Trump to defend Oprah, then watching you shoot down your own arguments when it is applied to someone you don't like. Nothing more. I couldn't care less about what private citizen Winfrey has to say at this date and time. If she actually declares that she wants to become the next leader of our country, then I will reach deep down to find a crap to give. For now? I am content pointing out your logical inconsistencies.