Thread: My LGS Rules!

My LGS Rules!

So I stop into my favorite LGS on the way home to have a horrible cup of coffee and a good chat. After cruising the used rack I spied a nice old pre safety 336 in 30wcf. I was tempted, bad until I noticed dried blood in a few out of the way places. I asked about it and I was right. It’s one of “those” guns. I’m not a superstitious man at all but there are tons of guns out there that don’t have literal blood on them. Oh well, no biggie. However, the manager called me over and told me look inside abox on the back counter. There were about 9 boxes of shotgun shells of various ages, all from the late 70’s I suppose. He said to help my self one! I think I chose wisely!
    D1F254D1-6C3B-4BCF-8371-73BD06B98ED8.jpg
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

Re: My LGS Rules!

You going out to Nebraska to back up Sixgun against attacking geese?
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by early View Post
    Prolly not. Those are LEAD shot shells! Dandy HD loads. 1 7/8 oz load, are you kidding!

One of "those" guns will clean right up. A good deal is a good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    One of "those" guns will clean right up. A good deal is a good deal.
    Have to think on this one..... gun find empty after the guide gun buy...///

Quote Originally Posted by Elk creek View Post
    Prolly not. Those are LEAD shot shells! Dandy HD loads. 1 7/8 oz load, are you kidding!
    Nearly two ounces.
    Be good for a cabin gun load
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

I have one of 'those' guns. It belonged to a guy that had cancer and planted on in his temple. It's a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag. I bought it at the estate sale, cleaned it up, and shoot it regularly. A gun is just a tool when all is said and done. The tool bears no stigma as to how it was used. I have a few old milsurp rifles that probably did in someone on the other side, too.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Very cool score, Elk Creek! Looks like some old #2 lead from the glory days of waterfowl hunting when such loads were legal, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by early View Post
    I need all the help I can get!

Speaking of which, would something like this noticeably alter POI on a shotgun pattern?

Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Six-Gun View Post
    Very cool score, Elk Creek! Looks like some old #2 lead from the glory days of waterfowl hunting when such loads were legal, correct?

I need all the help I can get!

Speaking of which, would something like this noticeably alter POI on a shotgun pattern?

Are you needing something to 'bayonet the wounded' geese? A goose with at least one undamaged wing is a force with which to be reckoned, and not lightly!
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    I have a few old milsurp rifles that probably did in someone on the other side, too.
    Yep. I have 3 pistols from Nazi Germany, and another one from the Empire of Japan. I'd figure at least one of them killed somebody, sometime. Heck, its even possible my Jungle Carbine, or my pre-Nazi Broomhandle "did the deed" as well. Any gun you don't know the history of from brand new has that possibility - and so does that used car you bought. You wonder about it, but the gun isn't haunted...

ETA: Forgot about that now de-milled Iver Johnson "U.S. Revolver" in .38 S&W. Goddess only knows where its been and what it did before my late father bought it in about 1950.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

[QUOTE=tennmike;712028]I have one of 'those' guns. It belonged to a guy that had cancer and planted on in his temple. It's a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag. I bought it at the estate sale, cleaned it up, and shoot it regularly. A gun is just a tool when all is said and done. The tool bears no stigma as to how it was used. I have a few old milsurp rifles that probably did in someone on the other side, too.

I have some of those as well and a few that may have done in a few on this side.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

In a former life I was a LEO and I’ve been on enough suicide calls for a couple lifetimes. The front range of CO has an externally high suicide rate compared to the rest of the country. I’ve picked up some nice guns out a pool of blood to bag it. I don’t need one in my safe. My thing not the guns....

On opening day of deer season a few years ago I had an opportunity to buy a Remington 700 in 7 Mag. that drew blood on the first round it fired- - - - -from the owner's eyebrow! He traded it even up for a .30-30 off the used rack at the LGS I used to do business with. The scope end bell still had blood and hair imbedded in it!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    On opening day of deer season a few years ago I had an opportunity to buy a Remington 700 in 7 Mag. that drew blood on the first round it fired- - - - -from the owner's eyebrow! He traded it even up for a .30-30 off the used rack at the LGS I used to do business with. The scope end bell still had blood and hair imbedded in it!
    Jerry
    Ok that’s funny! I’ve never been scope kissed. Ever.