Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I use XXXX for home defense to prevent overpenetration...

Re: I use XXXX for home defense to prevent overpenetration...

Quote Originally Posted by Spk View Post
    How about nekked chicken on a bungee cord to test the 21 foot rule. Armed nekked chicken with a knife vs. armed citizen.
    Now you are getting my creative juices flowing! How about testing the best ammo for turning Kung Fu Chicken into Kung Pow Chicken? I think maybe a custom 12 gauge load with miniature Ginsu knives and some dragon's breath.......

Quote Originally Posted by 10canyon53 View Post
    Now you are getting my creative juices flowing! How about testing the best ammo for turning Kung Fu Chicken into Kung Pow Chicken? I think maybe a custom 12 gauge load with miniature Ginsu knives and some dragon's breath.......
    Here ya go: http://www.sabotdesigns.com/005.html
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Yeah!

Nekked chicken becomes extra crispy chicken nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    I checked out that website and my first thought was "snake oil"..... but they are one of the very few types of ammo that have been outlawed by the gun owner friendly state of Florida (possession is a third degree felony). Maybe there is something about that design after all?

I checked out that website and my first thought was "snake oil"..... but they are one of the very few types of ammo that have been outlawed by the gun owner friendly state of Florida (possession is a third degree felony). Maybe there is something about that design after all?
    the one thing flechettes were good for was direct-fire artillery shells like the 105mm and 155mm "beehive" round; you can't get enough velocity
    from shotguns.
    I turned in the key to the can of worms
    They just issued me a new key

Quote Originally Posted by NN View Post
    the one thing flechettes were good for was direct-fire artillery shells like the 105mm and 155mm "beehive" round; you can't get enough velocity
    from shotguns.
    From what I've read, this is quite true. The flechettes as sold are supposedly pretty ineffective. Problem is, evidently the folks who passed the legislation didn't know that and thought they were. They're illegal for fear they'll penetrate kevlar armor.
    Overkill is underrated.

I seriously doubt it. He appears to be a one man show with a cell phone video camera and a YouTube channel.

Hmmm.......maybe I could start my own "academy" and teach people how to blow up watermelons with 12 gauge slugs? I have a GoPro and a VEPR-12, that ought to get me enough followers to make me feel important.
    Some of you may not realize that all of the stuff on YouTube is about viewership which translates to money. It doesn't matter if the videos are smart or the information is accurate, the more people that look at it, the more money they make. There are actually quite a few people making a comfortable living from posting stupid crap on YouTube and everybody wants to be a YouTube star.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    Some of you may not realize that all of the stuff on YouTube is about viewership which translates to money. It doesn't matter if the videos are smart or the information is accurate, the more people that look at it, the more money they make. There are actually quite a few people making a comfortable living from posting "stupid crap" on YouTube and everybody wants to be a YouTube star.
    That could be you 10canyon53. A little truth smothered in gobs of snake-oil and big words,.... and BAM, you're a Youtube star! Just remember to have a Starbucks coffee and a bag of Doritos nearby for product placement.

You'll need your own catch-phrase, sometime like "Schlammy, Dammy!" every time you shoot something. Remember, it's all about pulling the wool over the eyes of folks toooooooo lazy to actually learn about guns.

In others words,

Afterwords you'll be singing, "Silver and Gold, Silver and Gold,..."

At the end of every segment you can promote this place and drive up traffic. Heck, the gubers might even learn something useful.

Hickok45 is the guy who is really living the dream. All he has to do is walk out behind the house and shoot about 500 rounds through anything that tweaks his interest, and he's a big hit. People like me will watch just to see how many jams and misses he has in any particular gun, and whether or not he enjoys shooting it. My hero. Of course, he does shoot pretty well, for an old plinker.

Quote Originally Posted by bisley View Post
    Hickok45 is the guy who is really living the dream. All he has to do is walk out behind the house and shoot about 500 rounds through anything that tweaks his interest, and he's a big hit. People like me will watch just to see how many jams and misses he has in any particular gun, and whether or not he enjoys shooting it. My hero. Of course, he does shoot pretty well, for an old plinker.
    I know if I swallowed my pride and abandoned my principles, I could make lots of money online. Of course, I might have to chant myself to sleep by saying, "I'm better than other people, I'm an entertainer... I'm better than other people, I'm an entertainer... I'm better than other people, I'm an entertainer..."

Quote Originally Posted by bisley View Post
    I enjoy Hickok45 immensely. His product placements are interesting too.

That could be you 10canyon53. A little truth smothered in gobs of snake-oil and big words,.... and BAM, you're a Youtube star! Just remember to have a Starbucks coffee and a bag of Doritos nearby for product placement.

You'll need your own catch-phrase, sometime like "Schlammy, Dammy!" every time you shoot something. Remember, it's all about pulling the wool over the eyes of folks toooooooo lazy to actually learn about guns.

In others words,

Afterwords you'll be singing, "Silver and Gold, Silver and Gold,..."

At the end of every segment you can promote this place and drive up traffic. Heck, the gubers might even learn something useful.

Alas! My local gun range will not permit the shenanigans required for me to be a YouTube star. I guess it will have to wait until I can afford to buy enough property to build my own gun range......That's ok, it will give me time to perfect my Mall Ninja moves before going in front of a camera. I also need to come up with some new tactical sounding words and catch phrases.... My 17 year old son wants to be a movie director, I bet we could put together a first rate YouTube cash machine.

Fisheadgib, yes I am well aware of how YouTube works. My son keeps explaining it to me in an effort to get me to let him try to make a living that way. I cruise YouTube strictly for entertainment. Once in a while I do run across something useful though.

Alas! My local gun range will not permit the shenanigans required for me to be a YouTube star. I guess it will have to wait until I can afford to buy enough property to build my own gun range......That's ok, it will give me time to perfect my Mall Ninja moves before going in front of a camera. I also need to come up with some new tactical sounding words and catch phrases.... My 17 year old son wants to be a movie director, I bet we could put together a first rate YouTube cash machine.

Fisheadgib, yes I am well aware of how YouTube works. My son keeps explaining it to me in an effort to get me to let him try to make a living that way. I cruise YouTube strictly for entertainment. Once in a while I do run across something useful though.
    Invest heavily in 12.11 boots! They're twice as good as 5.11's and even add a little extra.

I'm sorry folks but I have to quote my favorite Mall Ninja here just because:

"I am a Master of three martial arts including ninjitsu, which means I can wear the special boots to climb walls."

https://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Last edited by Spk; 01-22-2018 at 07:21 PM.

The more I think about it the more tempted I am to do it. I'll call myself "Buffalo Will". Hey Zorba! Want to be my skirt wearin, gun slingin, belly dancin sidekick named "Andy Oakley"?

The more I think about it the more tempted I am to do it. I'll call myself "Buffalo Will". Hey Zorba! Want to be my skirt wearin, gun slingin, belly dancin sidekick named "Andy Oakley"?
    Snort! Sounds like fun! Might make a new definition of the term "shooting from the hip"!

Zorba is probably already putting together his outfit. At the next SE shoot he'll be wearing a western shirt and skirt, pink boots and a little cowboy hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

My daughter has a pair of pink cowboy boots. Want to borrow them Zorba?

You guys gotta do it!

Just remember the first rule of Showmanship...

Make them love you... Make them hate... but don't let them ignore you!

If you guys can do that, you'll be rock-stars online.

Cha-Ching!!!!!

My daughter has a pair of pink cowboy boots. Want to borrow them Zorba?
    They probably won't fit. I'm in a women's 13 wide shoe size.

Not a problem, we can cut off the toes......boot toes, your toes, whichever is easier.

Invest heavily in 12.11 boots! They're twice as good as 5.11's and even add a little extra.

I'm sorry folks but I have to quote my favorite Mall Ninja here just because:

"I am a Master of three martial arts including ninjitsu, which means I can wear the special boots to climb walls."

https://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Buffy has special boots that allow him to climb Stalls.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Actually, all joking aside, the Monkey has a good point here that we should all be cognizant of our surroundings, our potential targets locations and what is near or behind them. Like family members, neighbors past the walls as well as the type of ammunition we use and what could happen if we miss or it passes through our intended target in a life or death situation.

You can't recall a fired bullet.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chief View Post
    Actually, all joking aside, the Monkey has a good point here that we should all be "cognizant" of our surroundings, our potential targets locations and what is near or behind them. Like family members, neighbors past the walls as well as the type of ammunition we use and what could happen if we miss or it passes through our intended target in a life or death situation.

You can't recall a fired bullet.
    Absolutely.

I don't think we have that problem with existing forum members but for the lurkers out there I'll post this:

https://gundigest.com/gear-ammo/relo...rating-bullets

30-something years ago I was teaching night classes in auto mechanics for a Community Education program in Nashville. The guy on security duty was a high-ranking Nashville PD officer who strolled around the school building in uniform on his off duty time, making a few extra bucks from the school system. He was also a firearms training officer. Nashville had just switched from revolvers to Glock high capacity 9MM's. I asked him why they had gone to the unheard-of at the time 13 rounds. His answer sort of shocked me- - - - -"Well, now we can throw away a few shots while diving for cover without having to reload!" Now, bear in mind- - - -this is coming from a seasoned officer, not some trigger-happy rookie! He is training the rookies in this mindset, however! I'd hate to be an innocent bystander when a gunfight was going on involving people with that kind of attitude!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    30-something years ago I was teaching night classes in auto mechanics for a Community Education program in Nashville. The guy on security duty was a high-ranking Nashville PD officer who strolled around the school building in uniform on his off duty time, making a few extra bucks from the school system. He was also a firearms training officer. Nashville had just switched from revolvers to Glock high capacity 9MM's. I asked him why they had gone to the unheard-of at the time 13 rounds. His answer sort of shocked me- - - - -"Well, now we can throw away a few shots while diving for cover without having to reload!" Now, bear in mind- - - -this is coming from a seasoned officer, not some trigger-happy rookie! He is training the rookies in this mindset, however! I'd hate to be an innocent bystander when a gunfight was going on involving people with that kind of attitude!
    Jerry
    My own thoughts:

1) He's been watching two many movies.

2) He's trying to be militaristic about it.

3) He's been watching too many military/John McClane movies! (Cover Fire, Now!!!!)

I use to work with officers in Arizona that were like this. The amount of knuckle-headedness I saw was amazing! Everyone knew who the idiot's were but no one would speak up for fear of being "that guy" who ratted out his fellow officer. Their solution was just to stay as far away from the idiot's in the department as possible and maybe they'll eventually get fired.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Just because someone carries a gun for a living doesn't make them an expert!