Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Let's talk about dreamers

Re: Let's talk about dreamers

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    He's thinking of Charlie Askins ....though Bill Jordan and Skeeter Skelton were writing at the same time. Charlie spent a lot of time writing stories about shooting "Mesicans"
    Yep, that’s him. Most of the stuff he did, today would have landed him in jail...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    I guess I am a hard ass then. I still don't see a good reason to offer citizenship.
    Actually it was a PATH to citizenship for a subset of them and in exchange he would get funding for a whole lot of border security stuff, not just the wall. The NYT, of all news outlets did a fairly decent job of explaining what he put on the table in pretty full detail, not the sound bites everyone else is throwing out there, and it made an aweful lot of sense and was fair for all sides. Of course everyone peed all over it because no one is searching for solutions or compromise, only political hay...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Neither side of this phony "discussion" really wants to solve the problem- - - - -then they would have to find another divisive controversy to stir the pot about and score political points. The dummycraps want a new voter pool to support their communist agenda, as the blacks they've been pandering to for decades have begun to wake up to the fact that the politicians are the new breed of plantation owners, no matter how many flowery speeches they make. The Republicans have steadfastly refused to prosecute the businesses that hire illegals, which would solve the problem in a matter of months, if not weeks. They do a few ICE raids and cripple a chicken processing plant for a few days, but I've never seen a manager do jail time for hiring illegals, and there's never a fine or jail time for upper level people at companies like Tyson. No matter who has lived in the the White House or had control of congress since the Reagan amnesty has been willing to deal with the flood of soggy shirts coming across the Rio Grande, no matter how much they bloviate about it.

It's time for an American version of the storming of the Bastille- - - - -I wonder if the French will loan us a guillotine or three? Once we clean out congress, the FBI, CIA, and a bunch of other bureaucrats need to be the next in line for a shoulder-level haircut!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

I agree that prosecuting businesses that hire illegals and deporting any we can catch would end most of the problem. The argument against it by politicians is that everyone would have to carry ID cards, including citizens. I don't agree with that. Businesses just have to require birth certificates or green cards for new hires. Forgeries would be a problem, but there could be a temporary subsidy to counties so they could to hire a person to verify any faxed copy. I say temporary, because once a few busts were made and persons prosecuted for forgery, and then deported, it would slow down to a trickle.

As for the wall, I think the border control analysts could easily determine where sections of wall or fence are necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Neither side of this phony "discussion" really wants to solve the problem- - - - -then they would have to find another divisive controversy to stir the pot about and score political points. The dummycraps want a new voter pool to support their communist agenda, as the blacks they've been pandering to for decades have begun to wake up to the fact that the politicians are the new breed of plantation owners, no matter how many flowery speeches they make. The Republicans have steadfastly refused to prosecute the businesses that hire illegals, which would solve the problem in a matter of months, if not weeks. They do a few ICE raids and cripple a chicken processing plant for a few days, but I've never seen a manager do jail time for hiring illegals, and there's never a fine or jail time for upper level people at companies like Tyson. No matter who has lived in the the White House or had control of congress since the Reagan amnesty has been willing to deal with the flood of soggy shirts coming across the Rio Grande, no matter how much they bloviate about it.

It's time for an American version of the storming of the Bastille- - - - -I wonder if the French will loan us a guillotine or three? Once we clean out congress, the FBI, CIA, and a bunch of other bureaucrats need to be the next in line for a shoulder-level haircut!
    Jerry
    Yep, yeppers and yep! Reagan was a good president, but he made mistakes too.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Lyndon Johnson's prediction of "200 years voting democrat" might have been a little optimistic- - - - -sort of like the "thousand year Reich"- - - -maybe?

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    Yep, yeppers and yep! Reagan was a good president, but he made mistakes too.

His mistake was agreeing to amnesty before he got border control. Democrats reneged on their part of the deal, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Lyndon Johnson's prediction of "200 years voting democrat" might have been a little optimistic- - - - -sort of like the "thousand year Reich"- - - -maybe?

Jerry
    I was thinking the very same thing. Can I prove Johnson said it? No but I'm confident the LBJ I am unfortunately familiar with would have said it or something very similar.