Thread: Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics Again

Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics Again

This article reminded me of an opinion in the capitol cities commie rag The Statesman's Urinal. Sorry. The Statesman Journal (force of habit). It was written by Oregon State Senator Avel Gordley (D) around 2002. She was outraged by the 9,000+ firearm related deaths of children per year in the USA. I would also be outraged if that were true. I checked her source. I don't remember it but could have been CDC. It was broken down by 5 year age groups. 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20. Wait! What! 18, 19, and 20 year olds are children? Could including many gang members, drug dealers, and other career criminals possibly skew the statistics? I e-mailed her questioning this and received the answer I expected. Nothing.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...ce-their-cause

Nothing new here. Kind of like how people like to argue the very low firearms murder rates in the UK as support for more gun control here, when in fact the overall intentional homicide rate has been extremely low, and consistent, in the UK ever since those statistics have even been collected at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C