Thread: Train wreck carrying Republican congress critters

Train wreck carrying Republican congress critters

This is Fox news de jour. A train carrying Republican congress folk collided with a dump truck. I don't know if anyone was hurt.

Over on CNN and MSNBC, the report is that Republicans are littering the railways.

The first part is true, btw.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Re: Train wreck carrying Republican congress critters

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    This is Fox news de jour. A train carrying Republican congress folk collided with a dump truck. I don't know if anyone was hurt.

Over on CNN and MSNBC, the report is that Republicans are littering the railways.

The first part is true, btw.
    First thing I thought was that parking a dump truck on the tracks in front of a speeding train full of our leadership would be a HELL of a score for our enemies.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Is it the eighth of February already
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

The driver of the truck was killed, a truck passenger was critically injured and some train passengers were injured.

Edited to add: I heard late this afternoon there was a 3rd passenger in the truck that was only slightly injured.
    Last edited by Make_My_Day; 02-01-2018 at 02:24 AM.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Quote Originally Posted by bullsi1911 View Post
    First thing I thought was that parking a dump truck on the tracks in front of a speeding train full of our leadership would be a HELL of a score for our enemies.
    Yea - my wife said "What the HELL is going on?".

How convenient...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Did you hear the best part of the story? A lot of them did not sit on their hands waiting for emergency response. A lot of them jumped into action and became their own first responders.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Congress-critters who happen to be doctors do that- - - - -they haven't forgotten that they might have to go back to their real jobs eventually. Apparently they couldn't help the driver, but they kept the other seriously injured truck occupant alive until help arrived. I wonder if the lawyer/congressmen on the train chased the ambulance? Nope- - - - -I don't think there were any dummycraps onboard!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Quote Originally Posted by centermass556 View Post
    Did you hear the best part of the story? A lot of them did not sit on their hands waiting for emergency response. A lot of them jumped into action and became their own first responders.
    That was one of the first things I picked up on. The people on the train were checking for injuries and a couple of doctors and others got off and tried their best to keep the truck driver alive until the ambulance came, and aided the two others injured on the truck. Conservatives tend to be 'Can Do' people who just jump in and handle the situation while liberals tend to want to form a committee and study options.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    That was one of the first things I picked up on. The people on the train were checking for injuries and a couple of doctors and others got off and tried their best to keep the truck driver alive until the ambulance came, and aided the two others injured on the truck. Conservatives tend to be 'Can Do' people who just jump in and handle the situation while liberals tend to want to form a committee and study options.
    and take a fake poll.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Wow! December: Washington state. January: Virginia. February: North Carolina. Where will the next AMTRAK fatal wreck be? Is Las Vegas offering odds? I feel sorry for those terrified of flying that used to take the train. Busses also crash. Hitchhiking results in being robbed and murdered 100% of the time according to the fear mongers. Staycation in the family bunker it is.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/amt...Dsn?li=BBnb7Kz

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/amt...LpN?li=BBnb7Kz

Travel by train is still statistically safer than by private auto. I LIKE travel by train. Got to travel by train in the late 50s and 60s some, and rode the trains in Europe a few times on excursions. It's fun and relaxing!

The problems with trains and wrecks now seem to be either related to engineer not paying attention and speeding, people not stopping at crossings, or like the latest in NC, somebody messed up the manual switching. Human error will always be a factor with accidents like these on the rails, and for travel by bus, air, or private vehicle.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain