Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SE Shoot 2018

Re: SE Shoot 2018

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    Pointing a loaded firearm at my pants pocket might cause 'issues'.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueTone911 View Post
    Fun with Tannerite and flip phones?
    I was thinking flipping them (see what I did there ) in the air like clay birds!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Now they're trying to reneg on the "warranty"- - - -they claim it wasn't "activated" correctly. The engine used 5 quarts of oil in 1700 miles! This piece of junk is headed for the boneyard! I've poured nearly $4K into two engines for an 05 model car with 140K miles on it!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Now they're trying to reneg on the "warranty"- - - -they claim it wasn't "activated" correctly. The engine used 5 quarts of oil in 1700 miles! This piece of junk is headed for the boneyard! I've poured nearly $4K into two engines for an 05 model car with 140K miles on it!
    Jerry
    It may help if you knew someone in the auto warranty inspection business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Jerry
    Not your problem - you paid for the damn thing. A almost new car with that low of mileage on it shouldn't have this problem - obviously someone screwed up. It might help to start mentioning the "A" word (Attorney) early and often.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

It's the old "Caveat Emptor" thing all over again- - - -I should have checked out the engine supplier before I spent any money- - - - -there's a few dozen really bad reviews of their customer service available online that I could have found with a little bit of research. It seems I'm not the only sucker they've fleeced!

https://got-engines.pissedconsumer.com/review.html

It looks like I'm going to need:

That might ease the pain of getting shafted- - - - -al least a little bit!
    Jerry

Did you order the engine or did your shop?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Jerry
    File a complain with the BBB https://www.bbb.org/north-east-flori...and-complaints
    Make sure you leave bad and DETAILED review on Google + and other review sites. Don't be shy to name names!!! Make yourself an online nuisance to them.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

You might ask your brother to drop them a line, on some of his letterhead.

In the past, that has solved quite a few problems for my family. Except in my case, it's a cousin instead of a brother.

There seems to be some sort of magic power in letterhead that ends in "Attorney at Law"
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

A VISA payment dispute is getting started- - - - -crosshairs on their pocketbook should get a response!
    Jerry

A VISA payment dispute is getting started- - - - -crosshairs on their pocketbook should get a response!
    Jerry
    Pour it to them with ever avenue available, and don't let up! Don't be an a-hole, be a hemorrhoid. Hemorrhoids irritate a-holes!
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Jerry
    Good for you!!!

Jerry
    ROCK their world!!!
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    I don't think he has any intention of walking out in the open in his silk kimono and bunny slippers to get ice.
    Even if he doesn't, I can probably still come up with some photographic evidence.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

It's the old "Caveat Emptor" thing all over again- - - -I should have checked out the engine supplier before I spent any money- - - - -there's a few dozen really bad reviews of their customer service available online that I could have found with a little bit of research. It seems I'm not the only sucker they've fleeced!

https://got-engines.pissedconsumer.com/review.html

It looks like I'm going to need:

That might ease the pain of getting shafted- - - - -al least a little bit!
    Jerry
    What engine is this? My daughter has a GM 3.6L VVT V6 that has a bad timing chain. It has a design flaw on the back. Side valve cover, the pcv type valve has a tiny orifice and clogs. The difference in sludge and carbon between heads is huge, which apparently causes lubrication issues and the chain failure. It's a known problem, a 2 dollar fix at the factory could have prevented.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Quote Originally Posted by olesniper View Post
    Even if he doesn't, I can probably still come up with some photographic evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by olesniper View Post
    I fully support this effort!
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by knitepoet View Post
    You might ask your brother to drop them a line, on some of his letterhead.

In the past, that has solved quite a few problems for my family. Except in my case, it's a cousin instead of a brother.

There seems to be some sort of magic power in letterhead that ends in "Attorney at Law"
    Your cousin Vinny?
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by TrueTone911 View Post
    Your cousin Vinny?
    Nope, just the former District Attorney and now personal injury lawyer

That's definitely an option, but these scammers are making a pretty good effort to cover their tracks. Their flashy website makes a bunch of convincing promises, but it doesn't list a physical address. The credit card payment went to a place in Kansas, so my first move was to get Visa involved. "Follow the money" is always a pretty good option. If I manage to locate where their home base is, then some other, better left unmentioned options might be on the agenda!
    Jerry

That's definitely an option, but these scammers are making a pretty good effort to cover their tracks. Their flashy website makes a bunch of convincing promises, but it doesn't list a physical address. The credit card payment went to a place in Kansas, so my first move was to get Visa involved. "Follow the money" is always a pretty good option. If I manage to locate where their home base is, then some other, better left unmentioned options might be on the agenda!
    Jerry
    Jerry, try this website. You should be able to identify the owner.

https://www.whois.com/whois/
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

No luck- - - -"private" comes up every time I search. The website is "GotEngines.com" . I'm pretty sure they are doing their best to cover their tracks, since the website does not list a physical address. I do have the name of the trucking company that delivered the engine, so I'm going to try to backtrack it to its source and apply a little pressure there. Chances are the salvage yard that sold it won't know much about the website, though! They probably just take orders and "drop-ship" their merchandise.
    Jerry

If you know the shipping company get a copy of the bill of lading.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5