Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SE Shoot 2018

SE Shoot 2018

I know it's early, but I was wondering if everybody booked their room early or something. I just booked mine because I saw there were only 3 rooms available for May 25th and 26th.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Re: SE Shoot 2018

Did you get a group rate?
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

They have rooms. Those are only the ones that the motel owner has available through the corporate website. Corporate keeps a portion of those bookings for themselves. We can get a better rate if Jerry sets something up with the owner first. The new owner, Nick was a good guy-- last year's stay was very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    They have rooms. Those are only the ones that the motel owner has available through the corporate website. Corporate keeps a portion of those bookings for themselves. We can get a better rate if Jerry sets something up with the owner first. The new owner, Nick was a good guy-- last year's stay was very enjoyable.
    They refurbed the rooms some, and was much better than before. The new restaurant is not bad either. I had a cheeseburger and fries the last night I was there and it was really good.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

The room I was in was pretty darn nice as far as I was concerned. The owners seemed to be very interested in a "quality experience" as they asked for my feedback verbally upon checkout. Yea, the restaurant is decent too - oh, its not Jerm's cookin' and the server didn't have CPJ's pizazz, but 'twasn't bad at all.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Has Jerry, and more importantly, MARY, okayed this year's.

There seemed to be some doubt last year????
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Bring it on- - - - -we really enjoy everybody being here and we're honored that you make such an effort to show up year after year. Mary's chronic health issues haven't improved, so she can use all the help she can get, but be assured that all of you are welcome!

I'll be glad to negotiate a direct-booking rate if possible, just like before. The new management seems to be very cooperative along those lines.
    Jerry
    Last edited by Teach; 02-06-2018 at 12:47 AM.
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Good deal

I wasn't going to assume anything :beer
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

made a reservation for the rate Mr. Jerry negotiated for us last year.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Quote Originally Posted by Diver43 View Post
    made a reservation for the rate Mr. Jerry negotiated for us last year.
    Is their phone number still 931-363-4501 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    Is their phone number still 931-363-4501 ?
    yup, thats it
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Since we broke the ice about the SE shoot, is it too early to talk about who's bringing, cooking, doing, shooting, what?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Just got my reservations...........Lords a willing and the Creek Injins don't rise, I'll be there.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

I'll bring whatever is needed...........Cokes/water/gator/power-aid...........and/or anything else requested.

I'm sure we can get a better feel for what is needed as it gets closer.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions

Far as shootin...........a model 624 .44 Spl plenty of reloads for NN and all is first on the list..........new Buck Mark pistol with improved trigger. New Ruger AR MPR 556 and something different from last year besides those I brought then.

How about one of my Mosin Nagants with a Howling Raven muzzle brake that makes it a putty cat to shoot now?

I'll have to thunk on others. I'm open to requests.

And that awful lookin Nutcracker to turn into splinters.........maybe I'll throw in a brick of bulk .22 to the first one to hit it with an iron sighted handgun @ 100 yards...........or whatever we can come up with.

Just to make sure I don't screw this up, the shoot itself is Saturday, 26 May, with everybody coming in (mostly) on Friday the 25th...

Just don't go to Athens anywhere USA, not that anyone on here would do that.....AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    Just to make sure I don't screw this up, the shoot itself is Saturday, 26 May, with everybody coming in (mostly) on Friday the 25th...
    Yep- - - -the Saturday before Memorial Day, and early arrivals will become "volunteers" (in the military sense of the word) to help set things up. Let's hope the weather cooperates a little better this year!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    Since we broke the ice about the SE shoot, is it too early to talk about who's bringing, cooking, doing, shooting, what?
    Maybe we can get two stickies? One for who is coming, another for what bringing?

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Yep- - - -the Saturday before Memorial Day, and early arrivals will become "volunteers" (in the military sense of the word) to help set things up. Let's hope the weather cooperates a little better this year!
    Jerry
    Thanx - I'm noticing as I get older, I can manage to confuse myself! I'll make rezzies tomorrow. Hoping the Saturday nite festivities don't get rained out! I'd ask one of my witchy friends for help with that, but her record in that regard isn't that great after having her outdoor birthday party get completely DELUGED a few years back after she had assured everyone that she had "an agreement with the Goddess" on the subject. I haven't let her forget THAT one...

Now I get to figure out what I'm bringing - prolly my BP pistols for sure, esp. since I have that nifty new steel target I can try hitting with the CVA Optima. I also have a NOS six shot .22 caliber pepperbox that I'll bring if I manage to get BP and #11 caps for it in the meantime. Always my CZ-75 (Don't leave home without it), and certainly this year I'll have to bring the $100 Gangsta gun just to annoy CPJ (and others) with. I have a stock to give to Big Al, I might even manage to remember to bring it!

Hey Tennmike. do you still want the 20 gauge shells i brought last year and lost in the car until we got home?

Quote Originally Posted by Diver43 View Post
    Hey Tennmike. do you still want the 20 gauge shells i brought last year and lost in the car until we got home?
    Sure. We can shoot them at the shoot if you want to bust some clays. I got a new 20 ga. Mossberg pump that needs breaking in.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    . Let's hope the weather cooperates a little better this year!Jerry
    Last year was the first time in the seven or eight years that I've gone that rain was an issue. The year before last, I brought my 10x10 canopy that I got at Wally world for 80 bucks and if a few of us had brought some canopies, rain wouldn't have been as much of an issue. I'll be bringing mine this year. They would help on the range, at lunch, and at dinner around the campfire if it rains again.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    Did you get a group rate?
    I booked the room but haven't paid for it. They quoted me $50 as the group rate for people coming to the shoot. If that's more than Jerry's quote, will negotiate the point.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

How about a run down about the shoot I've been reading about it and think it would be fun to attend. When , Where , local hotels etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner81 View Post
    How about a run down about the shoot I've been reading about it and think it would be fun to attend. When , Where , local hotels etc.
    South Central Tennessee, Just off I-65. Hotel's at exit 14. Happens Memorial Day weekend.

I hope I can make it this year. 2018 is proving to be even busier than 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Quote Originally Posted by gunner81 View Post
    Knitepoet gave you the run down on the where and when. Here's the what.
    Friday evening, eat too much, enjoy some colebeers and jackassery.
    Saturday morning, gather round for more jackassery, shoot more guns then you've ever seen at one place.
    Saturday noonish, eat till you're bloated.
    After lunch, more jackassery and shooting.
    Saturday evening, eat till you can't eat another bite, more adult beverages, more jackassery.
    Basically it's a couple days of eating and cutting up, with a bit of shooting mixed in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

It resembles a Star Trek convention for Gun Geeks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al1 View Post
    It resembles a Star Trek convention for Gun Geeks!!
    Pretty much! I attended my 1st last year, had a "blast", and met lotsa good folks. Learned a LOT too - which was great. Folks share their knowledge freely, this tyro came away knowing a lot more than when I showed up!