Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SE Shoot 2018

Re: SE Shoot 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    I think I'm up to eight or nine steel targets from four to eight inches along with a new 60% uspsa target in ar500. I'll be bringing all of that along with a 10'x10' canopy, the obligatory shrimp, potatoes, and corn, the two burner cooker, Debbie's almost famous key lime/mango pies, and I haven't decided on a lunch item yet. Prolly some shrimp dip, smoked mackeral dip, and boudin if everyone liked it.
    Her keylime/mango pie is to die for, shrimp is top ahelf, add boudin is hard to find down this way and excellent when good
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Room booked. Quoted 56.99 for 2 people. It's the Motel 6 in Pulaski, right?. Going to map it. Can't remember how long it took to get there last time.

ETA: I see this has all ready been asked on page 2. Didn't realize that. 3.5 hours for us.
    Last edited by terminator012; 02-07-2018 at 04:12 AM.
    We as a country have a blown engine, a transmission that slips in every forward gear, and a rear diff with a loud whine. And our politicians keep trying to spray armorall on the tires and proudly step back as if they are helping fix the car.

Quote Originally Posted by terminator012 View Post
    Room booked. Quoted 56.99 for 2 people. It's the Motel 6 in Pulaski, right?. Going to map it. Can't remember how long it took to get there last time.

ETA: I see this has all ready been asked on page 2. Didn't realize that. 3.5 hours for us.
    Rate they quoted me for 2 adults, eta for us is 13 hrs and 45 min, thats why we make it a road trip. Daughter being in Atlanta saves us a night or two in a hotel fees
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Jerm gets to be creative with his cooking (which is always awesome) and everyone always wants the same stuff from down this way. The boiled big shrimp has gotten to be a standard for dinner but I don't want to be boring with lunch. I grilled boudin the last two years and it went fast but I don't want to get boring with it. Deb is suggesting stuffed bacon wrapped shrimp to grill for lunch but I'm not sure if I want to go through that much work. Quite a few folks had posted about not having tried boudin and I was thinking about grilling boudin again. Y'all good with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Jerm gets to be creative with his cooking (which is always awesome) and everyone always wants the same stuff from down this way. The boiled big shrimp has gotten to be a standard for dinner but I don't want to be boring with lunch. I grilled boudin the last two years and it went fast but I don't want to get boring with it. Deb is suggesting stuffed bacon wrapped shrimp to grill for lunch but I'm not sure if I want to go through that much work. Quite a few folks had posted about not having tried boudin and I was thinking about grilling boudin again. Y'all good with that?
    Yes. I love your sausage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

If I was going to be there, Boudin would work just fine. I loves me some Boudin. But I'm thinking I'll be across the big pond around then.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    Pretty much! I attended my 1st last year, had a "blast", and met lotsa good folks. Learned a LOT too - which was great. Folks share their knowledge freely, this tyro came away knowing a lot mohttp://forums.gunsandammo.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=719120re than when I showed up!
    It's an awesome experience. If for nothing else, If I was going to be around I'd come just for Jerminator's cooking and Teaches daughters Recipes. I'm telling you, anybody that hasn't made a shoot is missing out on a big part of life. If you come, you will LIKE cpj. He's different in person in person and he's very talented, and a great guy. Seriously, in person it's a fantastic group. Come if you can. When I get my fiance here we're coming of Teach has this next year I'll be there. I want to meet some more people. Woodsrunner is o..ne high on my list along with Wambli. There's so many I wish would come when I'm there. This is better than any Family Reunion you ever made. Trust me!!!
    Last edited by snake284; 02-07-2018 at 08:43 AM.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

One last thing, Teach married UP! Miss Mary is the finest person to ever draw a breath. These people are great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    "Aw- - - -come on- - - - -it's only the tip!"

Jerry
    Reminds me of the feller who said he worked in the circumcision ward at the local hospital.

He said the pay was bad, but the Tips were great
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

It might be a good idea to put a sticky on this thread to keep it at the top of the page, rather than position be dictated by newer posts.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Good deal. Never got to get together, when I lived just 15 miles from you. We'll finally get to meet.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

If I was going to be there, Boudin would work just fine. I loves me some Boudin. But I'm thinking I'll be across the big pond around then.
    Think good thoughts. Things may work out.

Quote Originally Posted by olesniper View Post
    Think good thoughts. Things may work out.
    Thanks Ole, I will. But if it doesn't work out this year maybe I'll make it next year.

I would love to put in an appearance, but my wife is a teacher, so the logistics of that weekend just don't work. And I don't dare go to a shooting event without her. I found out last weekend that she shoots better off-hand than I do.......waaaay better. We are hoping she will be able to retire in about 5 years (last kid will have graduated from high school and all of our loans except the mortgage will be paid off) so we may be able to start attending then. That just gives me more time to collect more toys to bring.

Thread has been pinned because of multiple requests so this is now the “official” SE Shoot thread.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Thread has been pinned because of multiple requests so this is now the “official” SE Shoot thread.
    All together now: YAAAAAAY!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

We just made reservations-------

PLEASE-----let it be known that Mrs. Clean is bringing paper plates, coffee cups, napkins, plastic utensils, plastic drink cups.

We won't be going to the fire gathering, so, let your experience determine if someone else has to bring such, also.
    I turned in the key to the can of worms
    They just issued me a new key

Quote Originally Posted by 10canyon53 View Post
    I would love to put in an appearance, but my wife is a teacher, so the logistics of that weekend just don't work. And I don't dare go to a shooting event without her. .
    My significant other was a teacher also and I know what you mean. I used to have the truck loaded and waiting for her to get home from school and between the drive and time zone change, we would get in around midnight. Now that Debbie is retired, we can finally get there early enough to have dinner with everyone on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by NN View Post
    We just made reservations-------

We won't be going to the fire gathering, so, let your experience determine if someone else has to bring such, also.
    Are you at least going to have dinner? We can bring to-go boxes.

95% chance I will be in Oregon. If everything goes well I will be traveling in April. If the house sale happens I might make it, but right now looking very slim.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings?

Debbie had just reminded me about a little excursion she had talked about last year for the ladies that had no interest in shooting. There's a pretty good flea market not too far from Jerry's and quite a few antique shops in the area and she wanted to see if any of the wives/significant others were interested in a little junk shopping while the rest of us are up on the hill.

Just down the road a bit in Ardmore, there's a big open air flea market called "Dog Days". It's named for a time when local farm people would gather every weekend to swap animals- - - -ducks, chickens goats, and yes, dogs- - - - -now it's a general purpose flea market, but there's still an area for animals. There are also several antique stores in Fayetteville, Pulaski, Lawrenceburg, etc. along with a good-sized Amish community nearby that offers handcrafted items for sale.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

We end up going to "Dog Days" every Sunday after we leave your place. That's where Deb got the idea.

Are you at least going to have dinner? We can bring to-go boxes.
    Our plan to see what is left over from lunch
    I turned in the key to the can of worms
    They just issued me a new key

I have to remember which Athens to go to....
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

I got pinned.......Ifeel so special, now.....where's that short bus.

Quote Originally Posted by olesniper View Post
    Good deal. Never got to get together, when I lived just 15 miles from you. We'll finally get to meet.
    Where did you move to?
    We as a country have a blown engine, a transmission that slips in every forward gear, and a rear diff with a loud whine. And our politicians keep trying to spray armorall on the tires and proudly step back as if they are helping fix the car.

I have to remember which Athens to go to....
    Greece.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Where did you move to?
    Franklin, Kentucky. Sun products closed the plant, in Dyersburg and offered to relocate me to the Bowling Green plant.

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    Greece.
    Don't get him started..........he'll be booking a flight.