Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365

Sig P365

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-...o-compact.html

Has anyone seen these yet? It's a Glock 43 sized 9mm, but holds 10+1 or 12+1 (G26 capacity). I got to handle one today and it genuinely is G43 sized. While I carry a G19 95% of the time, this looks like it could be a viable option for "light t-shirt" CC.

While I'm not fond of how Sig handled the P320 "drop-safe" debacle, this gun looks like a winner if you want a micro sized CC gun.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Re: Sig P365

I donít understand how they got 10 rounds into the mag without ending up with a G26 (I have one) diameter grip or a longer/thinner grip.

If they pulled it off, good on them.

I like the sights.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

I like it.
    We as a country have a blown engine, a transmission that slips in every forward gear, and a rear diff with a loud whine. And our politicians keep trying to spray armorall on the tires and proudly step back as if they are helping fix the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I don’t understand how they got 10 rounds into the mag without ending up with a G26 (I have one) diameter grip or a longer/thinner grip.

If they pulled it off, good on them.

IDK either, but believe me they pulled it off. I was skeptical until I saw it in person.
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

The first bore axis to climb Mount Everest. . .
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

BINGO! I’ll be getting one
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    The first bore axis to climb Mount Everest. . .

Does look a bit excessive.

Looks like a good one
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

I don’t understand how they got 10 rounds into the mag without ending up with a G26 (I have one) diameter grip or a longer/thinner grip.
    Probably by making stuff thinner.

Disclaimer: Sig's notions of what makes sense in pistol design and mine are usually polar opposites, so take it for granted that I approach their product announcements with "What are the idjits doing this week?"

Specifications aside, I'm guessing that when people actually start wrapping their hands around it, sticking it into holsters, and throwing cover shirts over it, this gun is practically going to fall somewhere in between the G43 and G26, and a lot of questions will be asked about how it compares to the S&W M&P Shield.

I've got some concern - not directed at any particular manufacturer - that we may be on the verge of a "specifications war", in which the circular loop of marketing/consumer hype gives us a mania for "Flatter! Lighter! More bullets!" which will override those more reasoned voices who would say "Ummmmm. . .guys, you DO realize this thing is containing and directing an EXPLOSION every time you fire it?" Those of us who actually shoot our guns regularly and occasionally wear out and break things might not be all that well-served by a new crop of offerings that have been pared down to fit an arbitrarily generated list of featherweight specs.
    WWJMBD?

Disclaimer: Sig's notions of what makes sense in pistol design and mine are usually polar opposites, so take it for granted that I approach their product announcements with "What are the idjits doing this week?"

Specifications aside, I'm guessing that when people actually start wrapping their hands around it, sticking it into holsters, and throwing cover shirts over it, this gun is practically going to fall somewhere in between the G43 and G26, and a lot of questions will be asked about how it compares to the S&W M&P Shield.

I've got some concern - not directed at any particular manufacturer - that we may be on the verge of a "specifications war", in which the circular loop of marketing/consumer hype gives us a mania for "Flatter! Lighter! More bullets!" which will override those more reasoned voices who would say "Ummmmm. . .guys, you DO realize this thing is containing and directing an EXPLOSION every time you fire it?" Those of us who actually shoot our guns regularly and occasionally wear out and break things might not be all that well-served by a new crop of offerings that have been pared down to fit an arbitrarily generated list of featherweight specs.
    Well said. There are no free lunches when it comes to weight, recoil & accuracy.

Looks about the same size as my M&P Compact. That gives me 12 rounds in hand and 17 in a spare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
    NRA Endowment Member

I am a simple minded man.
    I shoot my guns a lot.
    This is not an IDPA candidate and I’m not expecting ANY plastic gun of mine to be carried by my great grandchildren. That’s what my 1911s and pretty rifles are for...
    If it’s really the size of a 43 and I get 3 more shots , I’m in!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Is it hammer fired?
    Striker fired?
    Both?

Overkill is underrated.

I'd like to try one fer sure. Using my calibrated eyeball through the computer screen, it *looks* to me that the grip is a bit fatter than a G43 or LC9s - but probably not unacceptably so. Any idea what it costs?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Watched the video and it looks like a staggered magazine instead of a double stack. Once they are out for a while and there are no issues, I will have a SW Shield and a Glock 43 for sale.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

https://youtu.be/n29qgsP9B-E

Looking at Hickok’s video, it looks like SIG did a great job on the magazine vs the G26 mags. From what I can tell, the SIG magazine featured a less severe taper and less wasted space (for the spring) at the bottom of the mag.

If it proves reliable, they may have a game changing pistol on thier hands.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 02-14-2018 at 02:51 AM.

"Low Bore Axis" is an over-rated commodity. Until shooters had it, they didn't know they needed it... and a lot of them decided they don't really need it.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

That’s definitely smaller than my M&P9c!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
    NRA Endowment Member

https://youtu.be/n29qgsP9B-E

Looking at Hickok’s video, it looks like dig did a great job on the magazine vs the G26 mags. From what I can tell, the Sig magazine featured a less severe taper and less wasted space (for the spring) at the bottom of the mag.

If it proves reliable, they may have a game changing pistol on thier hands.
    They may indeed - Hickok also did a side-by-side comparison to my own carry piece, the Ruger LC9s. Virtually identical size-wise. I'd love to see what Sig did inside their magazine, I'm thinking a special mag spring of some kind - perhaps a "square-conical" type of winding so it compacts down more?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Who is going to get one first? Sure would like to feel one in my hand before I decide.
    We as a country have a blown engine, a transmission that slips in every forward gear, and a rear diff with a loud whine. And our politicians keep trying to spray armorall on the tires and proudly step back as if they are helping fix the car.

Quote Originally Posted by terminator012 View Post
    Who is going to get one first? Sure would like to feel one in my hand before I decide.
    If I didn’t have a G26 and LCP, I would have one on order. If it proves reliable, I might have to get rid of the Glock for it.

That's what she said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Quote Originally Posted by DanChamberlain View Post
    "Low Bore Axis" is an over-rated commodity. Until shooters had it, they didn't know they needed it... and a lot of them decided they don't really need it.
    Ive always liked SIGS and now that I have two that actually fit my hand I’m back in love with them. I’ve been wanting a slim 9mm for a while and could not make up my mind on which one. Indesicion might have worked for me for once

The video mentioned Siglight night sights, which are nothing special. But the web site specs those XRAY3 Day/Night sights, which look pretty cool.

I like the size and capacity, but verboten here in lala land.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    That's what she said.
    Yes she did. That's why we been married 29 years.

It might be me. I'm trying to tell myself to wait until the first wave comes out and we start seeing some reviews.

I don't see a trigger safety on it. Surely the safety isn't one of them looooong annoying trigger pulls. It says pull around 5 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by DanChamberlain View Post
    One can somewhat forgive Sig this on a hammer-fired gun, because you need to have a pivot point for a hammer in such a place that you get sufficient swing to get adequate swat on a primer. But to maintain that towering offset on a striker-fired gun that no longer has that need. . ."German Engineering". . .mmmmmyeah.

And no, low bore is not a new idea - JMB, circa 1900:

FN 1900.jpg

Sig HAD it right until they decided we needed DA triggers to protect us from ourselves.

SIG_P210_1sr_series_IMG_3086.jpg

Isn't advancing tech supposed to be about. . .y'know. . .ADVANCING?
    WWJMBD?

Just watched Hickok's video and I'm in