Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When and how did you meet your spouse or significant other?

Re: When and how did you meet your spouse or significant other?

Quote Originally Posted by knitepoet View Post
    I DARE you to wear that shirt to the shoot Wambli. Mrs Ska would SKIN THAT HEAD
    She can borrow my Green River skinning knife for that chore. It's razor sharp!
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by knitepoet View Post
    I DARE you to wear that shirt to the shoot Wambli. Mrs Ska would SKIN THAT HEAD
    I don't think so. I think she'd simply say "yeah, so what's your point Captain Obvious?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Shirt? What shirt? I see nothing...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

At the airport.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

Just putting things in perspective here.

27750678_1930666560597249_3558829123210388807_n.jpg
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    Just putting things in perspective here.

27750678_1930666560597249_3558829123210388807_n.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in TX View Post
    I met my second wife Denise when my first wife Jody had terminal cancer. Denise, was one of the nurses that cared for Jody during both her runs with cancer (before and after remission). A couple of doctors would check in occasionally with me and my boys after my wife passed to see how we were doing. A few months after she passed Denise and one of the doctors called the house to see how the boys and I were doing and getting a long. One of my boys said dad sits in his room and stares at the walls most days like he's doing right now. To say I was a bit depressed would be an understatement. She told them to put me on the line. She said I had to get out and that she was coming by and we were going to a movie. I said I was busy and she called BS. Thirty minute later with the help of one of my boys giving her our address she showed up and we went to a movie and dinner.

I had to say it was nice getting out of the house. Nothing happened and we would text every now and then to see how me and the boys were doing. About six months after Jody's's passing we went out again just to get out of the house. After that we started seeing more and more of each other and texting more and more. At some point we realized we were going out more and more. To this day we don't have a date for our first official date. We got married three years after my Jody's's passing with the blessing of all of our boys!

I've found it's no fun being a lone and sharing a life with someone help's make the world go round! Iher.'ve been blessed twice!
    Sorry you lost your first one, but the Lord was looking after you and it's like Jody was telling you to marry her.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    You? An arrogant ass?
    Man. I better have a talking to with your wife.
    I don't remember you 2 helping me write the book arrogant 101

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    I don't think so. I think she'd simply say "yeah, so what's your point Captain Obvious?"
    This...

Is genetics though. There is nothing on earth that will stop anyone in her family from having a HIGHLY energetic argument and very strong opinions about a subject they know NOTHING about...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    My Uncle Lee always made Aunt Mabel ride in the back seat.....
    The thought has occurred to me.... apparently there is variable sweet spot in speed when I drive that I fail to find, probably because it's one of the quantum physics variables that changes within the 11 dimensions. I'm always driving either too slow or too fast. Never just right...

Of course she is plugged into the force that powers the universe so when she drives 10 miles an hour under the speed limit one day or then she is exceeding it by 20 next day on the same road, she's good, and I better not say a freaking thing about it.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton