Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Active School Shooting

Active School Shooting

Details are slim, but another school is getting shot up. Broward Co Florida. News just said shooter not accounted for
    Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Re: Active School Shooting

Wife's following it/told me about it. Probably some pimple face whose GF dumped him, so he decides to pull the "Valentine's Day Massacre 2" routine. Just lovely - I hope he gets dropped.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Yep, I posted the same less than a minute before you did.

Though they're saying they DO have a "person of interest" in custody
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

What the hell's going on? We've always had plenty of firearms in this country, but now it seems every time you turn around something like this is happening. Why have we become such a violent society?

It makes me sick.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

I didn't see yours until after I hit post.

Some news saying multiple fatalities, others saying multiple casualties. Doubt we'll see any real details for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    It makes me sick.
    WORD.

Me too.

What the hell's going on? We've always had plenty of firearms in this country, but now it seems every time you turn around something like this is happening. Why have we become such a violent society?

It makes me sick.
    Kids thinking the sun rises and sets just for them. Thanks to current trends in parenting.

Saw this online today
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rosemond
    Your kids should not be the most important people in family

That status needs to belong to the parents.

Written by John Rosemond

I recently asked a married couple who have three kids, none of whom are yet teens, "Who are the most important people in your family?"

Like all good moms and dads of this brave new millennium, they answered, "Our kids!"

"Why?" I then asked. "What is it about your kids that gives them that status?"

And like all good moms and dads of this brave new millennium, they couldn't answer the question other than to fumble with appeals to emotion.

So, I answered the question for them: "There is no reasonable thing that gives your children that status."

I went on to point out that many if not most of the problems they're having with their kids - typical stuff, these days - are the result of treating their children as if they, their marriage and their family exist because of the kids when it is, in fact, the other way around. Their kids exist because of them and their marriage and thrive because they have created a stable family.

Furthermore, without them, their kids wouldn't eat well, have the nice clothing they wear, live in the nice home in which they live, enjoy the great vacations they enjoy and so on. Instead of lives that are relatively carefree (despite the drama to the contrary that they occasionally manufacture), their children would be living lives full of worry and want.

This issue is really the heart of the matter. People my age know it's the heart of the matter because when we were kids it was clear to us that our parents were the most important people in our families. And that, right there, is why we respected our parents and that, right there, is why we looked up to adults in general. Yes, Virginia, once upon a time in the United States of America, children were second-class citizens, to their advantage.

It was also clear to us - I speak, of course, in general terms, albeit accurate - that our parents' marriages were more important to them than their relationships with us. Therefore, we did not sleep in their beds or interrupt their conversations. The family meal, at home, was regarded as more important than after-school activities. Mom and Dad talked more - a lot more - with one another than they talked with you. For lack of pedestals, we emancipated earlier and much more successfully than have children since.

The most important person in an army is the general. The most important person in a corporation is the CEO. The most important person in a classroom is the teacher. And the most important person in a family are the parents.

The most important thing about children is the need to prepare them properly for responsible citizenship. The primary objective should not be raising a straight-A student who excels at three sports, earns a spot on the Olympic swim team, goes to an A-list university and becomes a prominent brain surgeon. The primary objective is to raise a child such that community and culture are strengthened.

"Our child is the most important person in our family" is the first step toward raising a child who feels entitled.

You don't want that. Unbeknownst to your child, he doesn't need that. And neither does America.
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Last edited by knitepoet; 02-14-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Guess the little demented dirtball got hurt somehow and they showed him being taken from the back of of a cop car and put in an ambulance.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chief View Post
    Guess the little demented dirtball got hurt somehow and they showed him being taken from the back of of a cop car and put in an ambulance.
    They're talking about 14-20 shooting victims and at least 2 fatalities. 1 shooter arrested. Active shooting officially over but they're still searching the area.

They're talking about former student, they know his name and address but not releasing anything yet. Unknown motive.

Now all the questions begin.

This school isn't far from me. He is a 19 year old ex student that the school had problems with last year.
    They keep saying up to 7 dead and 14 wounded
    Last edited by Diver43; 02-14-2018 at 11:24 PM.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families, in fact all of students/staff there.

One report earlier said he was visiting a chat room online talking about bomb building and was a supporter of rebel fighters in Syria. That's why they are searching/clearing all rooms to make sure there aren't any explosives. His name popped up on a local channel, can't remember what it was. They said he was 18 and former student who escaped with evacuating students.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions

Have been close to the area quite a few times....so sad.

They say he has been active on sites about Building Mosques and other Muslim related things.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Too bad the little sheet haid didn't engage in a gunfight with police which he would have lost real fast.........................saved the taxpayers a lot of money on trials and to feed him for years to come.

The effing Democrats are beating the gun control drum already! Pack of jackals!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

Too bad he wasn't dropped by the cops or a GGWAG.

I watched some of Fox News reporting. Someone was interviewing some of the students. I was struck by how nonchalant these students were. They didn't seem to be upset at all. Maybe it's just a delayed reaction or their way of dealing with a tragedy, or maybe only those that seemed to have a lot of composure were interviewed. Regardless, it was somewhat chilling to me and my wife.

Also, Sheperd Smith started listing school shootings in the past, going down a list. He made it pretty obvious on his position regarding gun control. He's probably loving this, too, as he gets more face time and is able to run his mouth more than his normal allotted time. I really, really, really dislike this guy.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Nicolas Cruz is the name they are putting out now on Fox.

Also, Sheperd Smith started listing school shootings in the past, going down a list. He made it pretty t ttobvious on his position regarding gun control. He's probably loving this, too, as he gets more face time and is able to run his mouth more than his normal allotted time. I really, really, really dislike this guy.
    I had to mute excitable Shep when he started that. Sen Nelson was fast to get on camera (as usual) saying there was multiple fatalities.

CNN ain't any better, interviewing parents before they got to their children...................................

Yea, disarming the good guys will prevent this. More Liberal "love and light" BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver43 View Post
    This school isn't far from me. He is a 19 year old ex student that the school had problems with last year.
    They keep saying up to 7 dead and 14 wounded
    Ron those numbers add up pretty close to everything I've heard so far. They say his last name is Cruz. Nicholas Cruz. Doesnt sound middle eastern but I heard something about him being on some islamic related sites lately.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Elk creek View Post
    The effing Democrats are beating the gun control drum already! Pack of jackals!
    So what type gun are they blaming this on............instead of the RAT who did it?

Broward County School shooting

Nicolas Cage. I expect a push for more gun control, which seems to be irrelevant in the tragedy of the situation. He was under-age at 19 to buy a gun; it would be interesting to know where he got them. No report as yet on how many dead.

I don't know how to stop this sort of thing. There was a cop resources officer according to the press.

A sad day for kids and parents of the victims. Keep them in your prayers.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

I posted in 2nd Amendment before reading this. He's old enough to be called a son of a bitch rat. Too young to buy a gun, wonder how he got them.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    Yea, disarming the good guys will prevent this. More Liberal "love and light" BS.
    The thing is that it appears all these shootings and social disorder stem from past Liberal policies. No school prayer, no patriotism, no family organization or values, no values in general.

But though they instigated this now they want to disarm us and make the carnage complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    I posted in 2nd Amendment before reading this. He's old enough to be called a son of a bitch rat. Too young to buy a gun, wonder how he got them.
    How you figure, they said he was 18, which means he could buy a long gun

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    Ron those numbers add up pretty close to everything I've heard so far. They say his last name is Cruz. Nicholas Cruz. Doesnt sound middle eastern but I heard something about him being on some islamic related sites lately.
    Don’t think he’s middle eastern or such ... he looked to be a ginger.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

Now they are reporting 16 fatalities.

Update:

They're saying 16 dead now and he used an AR style weapon. Lot's of drum beating going on.