Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Active School Shooting

Re: Active School Shooting

17 now dead, one died in hospital. Sheriff reports.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chief View Post
    17 now dead, one died in hospital. Sheriff reports.
    Sheriff also says Cruz is 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    Ron those numbers add up pretty close to everything I've heard so far. They say his last name is Cruz. Nicholas Cruz. Doesnt sound middle eastern but I heard something about him being on some islamic related sites lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCFUBAR View Post
    Don’t think he’s middle eastern or such ... he looked to be a ginger.
    Islam is a religion, not a race. There's a lot of white folk in Europe that are Islamic. And more than a few gingers.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Update:

Now they're reporting 17 dead. He's an expelled student and the shooting started outside.

It looks like a fire alarm was used to get as many students out into the open as possible. I think that ploy has been used a time or two before.
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    It looks like a fire alarm was used to get as many students out into the open as possible. I think that ploy has been used a time or two before.
    Jonesboro, Arkansas school shooting 1998. Two boys 11 and 13. They pulled the fire alarm and then shot students as they exited the building.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...sas-kills-five
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

When will this insanity end?? So sad, I just want to cry thinking about the poor kids.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

While not confirmed ... FOX says “... an AR with multiple magazines ...” time for it to start up again.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

Somethings gonna happen this time. ARs are getting too much press.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Looks like 17 dead so far according to Fox News.

Like MileHighShooter said, this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back on the AR and probably a bunch of other semi auto rifles.

As to what is causing it, I'd wager that it is mostly from kids being raised by the schools with no discipline, and by parents that are totally uninvolved in teaching their offspring not to be anus chapeaus with homicidal tendencies.

Re: Broward County School shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    Nicolas Cage. I expect a push for more gun control, which seems to be irrelevant in the tragedy of the situation. He was under-age at 19 to buy a gun; it would be interesting to know where he got them. No report as yet on how many dead.

I don't know how to stop this sort of thing. There was a cop resources officer according to the press.

A sad day for kids and parents of the victims. Keep them in your prayers.
    Hi Gene. Unfortunately "here we go again". Nicolas Cage at least made a semi intelligent statement with the exception of 19 years old being underage to buy a gun. We know that GCA 1968 prohibits everyone under 21 years old from purchasing a hand gun from a FFL dealer but long guns may be legally purchased by 18 year olds. No information on the type of guns used was reported. Fairly early in the media coverage a reporter interviewed a student who attended "alternate" school last year with the suspected shooter as a 16 year old Junior. He said the suspect was really into guns and shooting (not terribly unusual) and had e-mailed photos of his guns but did not say what type of guns they were. He said he did not hang-out with the suspect because he was trying to return to regular school and thought the suspect could be trouble. At that time the suspect was 19 years old so he guessed he would be 20 now. U.S. Senator Bill Nelson (D) Florida showed amazing restraint talking for a bit over 1 minute before spewing the tiresome party line anti gun rhetoric. He kept talking about "high caliber" weapons whatever those are?

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    As to what is causing it, I'd wager that it is mostly from kids being raised by the schools with no discipline, and by parents that are totally uninvolved in teaching their offspring not to be anus chapeaus with homicidal tendencies.
    Pretty much!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

This P0S was also talking/thinking about IEDs also. I’m thinking if not a gun he’d used something else ... likely not as wide spread havoc but still deadly.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    Looks like 17 dead so far according to Fox News.

Like MileHighShooter said, this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back on the AR and probably a bunch of other semi auto rifles.

I would add to that some of the extremely violent, bloody video games that seem to be so popular. Throw some of the shoot-em-up movies into the mix, and you have a recipe to desensitizing kids to violence.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Lets not forget Trump used to *probably still is in private* anti gun and supported "assault weapon" bans. He's quick to come out and give his stance. I also wouldn't put it past him to do something Obama never could, and gloat about how his predecessor failed to act after New Town but he won't fail. Gotta get those middle to slight left votes nabbed up
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

But again, even though 8-10 million or so ARs aren't used like this, the 5 or 6 that were, will do it and all other semi autos in. Most of us grew up with guns that weren't ARs, most shooters these days, that's all they know. I don't think it'll be swift, but it'll be all encompassing.

Now Sen Bill Nelson (Dem FLA) is sayin on TV he had a gas-mask on and had smoke grenades (not sure if he used the smoke) he says an FBI source told him that.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighShooter View Post
    Lets not forget Trump used to *probably still is in private* anti gun and supported "assault weapon" bans. He's quick to come out and give his stance. I also wouldn't put it past him to do something Obama never could, and gloat about how his predecessor failed to act after New Town but he won't fail. Gotta get those middle to slight left votes nabbed up
    Yep, Trump supported Ol’ Billy and his ‘94 Ban ... he was longtime friends with the Clintons up til recents years. He is not a Conservative Republican and only flipped to the GOP to run. Anything he does would not surprise me.
    - George Orwell

Just read a witness interview, said the suspect frequently had guns on him, kids were scared of him. Doesn't sound lunge anyone is surprised he did it, even predicted if anyone shot up the school it would be the suspect. Adopted, parents are dead

Yep, the gun grabbers are salivating over this, our grand senator Nelson keeps bringing up Diane Rat Fink's bill to stop those on a watch list from buying guns........Sen Nelson says ARs are for killing only..........he grew up on a ranch hunting..................and the killer had extra magazines ................so why don't they say what they really want. A new ban on ARs/hi-cap mags..............to start and all guns eventually with registration and eventual confiscation.

It's sad.I feel for all the families involved. Like others have said this may be the straw that breaks the AR's back. They do put out the wrong info sometime when an AR wasn't even used but they will go after all high capacity semi autos again. I can't even imagine what gets in some peoples head to make them do this. It takes pure evil to do this.
    We as a country have a blown engine, a transmission that slips in every forward gear, and a rear diff with a loud whine. And our politicians keep trying to spray armorall on the tires and proudly step back as if they are helping fix the car.

He looks Spanish to me with black hair.....a Ginger????? Maybe you saw a better pic than I did.

Re: Broward County School shooting

Very sad and read that kids said if anyone was going to shoot up the school it would be Nikolas Cruz. How many people does it take to see a problem before they take some sort of action. They said on fox that he had an AR15.

They will be calling it The Saint Valentine's Day School Massacre pretty soon.

He looks Spanish to me with black hair.....a Ginger????? Maybe you saw a better pic than I did.
    The photo I got that from was here ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shooting.html
    - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by NCFUBAR View Post
    The photo I got that from was here ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shooting.html
    Yep it sure is red, it looked like jet black hair to me when I saw it where they arrested him..........shadows/angle...........

They said he worked at a Dollar Store.

Yep it sure is red, it looked like jet black hair to me when I saw it where they arrested him..........shadows/angle...........
    Well, some media is saying his full name is Nikolaus de Jesus Cruz. Not to sound prejudice but I’d say by name red is not his natural hair color. I’ve seen crazy teens with even temporary spray colored blue, green, red, etc hair ... and the eyebrows are dark looking.
    - George Orwell

Had to turn on NetFlix..........I can't take anymo "News" from anchors/ talking heads guests just yak-yaking about guns and their bright 'Solutions' they seem to be pulling outta their arses.

Just now @9:13, 17, dead he used a AR-15 with extra mags. Atty Gen. Pam Bondi said the state would pay for the funerals, Gov. Rick Scott is there.

JAY
    Last edited by jaywapti; 02-15-2018 at 03:40 AM.
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT