Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 188

Thread: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

  1. #91
    Senior Member tennmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under a log
    Posts
    10,234

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Ever notice that in every Science Fiction movie about a deadly plague breakout there is a government doctor saying that they have it under control?

  2. #92
    Member Big Battery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central NC
    Posts
    203

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by blueslide88 View Post
    And I'm sure you'll be happy if Paul throws the election to Obama. That would give you bragging rights, of sorts. Hey, everyone, I helped get him re-elected! Now that makes sense. Might as well put an Obama sign in your front yard and a sticker on your rear end.
    Make your case. I hear this all the time yet no one can make a case for it. They even trot out Ross Perot but when it comes to proving it they always never answer or change the subject. So either prove it or put away this ridiculous argument.

    If Romney cant win on his own merits... well, blame the Republicans. I am doing my best to make sure that Romney isnt the Rep choice but somehow they would rather put forth a liberal than a true conservative. Why is it that the media is dying for Romney to be the guy?? Explain that.

  3. #93
    Senior Member beartracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,104

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Battery View Post
    Make your case. I hear this all the time yet no one can make a case for it. They even trot out Ross Perot but when it comes to proving it they always never answer or change the subject. So either prove it or put away this ridiculous argument.

    If Romney cant win on his own merits... well, blame the Republicans. I am doing my best to make sure that Romney isnt the Rep choice but somehow they would rather put forth a liberal than a true conservative. Why is it that the media is dying for Romney to be the guy?? Explain that.
    So guys like you can believe they actually are making a difference even though you are delusional at best. Romeny will win, Obama will loose, and your efforts will have meant nothing as they do now even though you can't see it. Always guys like you that can't see the forest because of the trees, and the rest of us have to put up with you until someone comes and cuts down the forest and that will happen in November. Just thought I would give you a heads up on the loggers who are on their way.

  4. #94
    Member Big Battery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central NC
    Posts
    203

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Personal attacks and I thought you were going to post anymore. You have disappointed me.

  5. #95
    Senior Member CaliFFL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, ID
    Posts
    2,808

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by beartracker View Post
    So guys like you can believe they actually are making a difference even though you are delusional at best. Romeny will win, Obama will loose, and your efforts will have meant nothing as they do now even though you can't see it. Always guys like you that can't see the forest because of the trees, and the rest of us have to put up with you until someone comes and cuts down the forest and that will happen in November. Just thought I would give you a heads up on the loggers who are on their way.
    If you think putting up with us is bad BEFORE the election, just wait 'til your boy starts his gov't expansion programs and increased spending. I can hardly wait for the excuses you will post in a feeble attempt to justify his actions.

    Remember 2-3 years from now, you had a better choice. I'll be here to remind you.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand

  6. #96
    Senior Member beartracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,104

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Battery View Post
    Personal attacks and I thought you were going to post anymore. You have disappointed me.
    I am sorry, I had a weak moment. Hey Big Battery, are you running out of juice yet, being delusional will do that to a person, you will end up having a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason and experience continued confrontation with actual facts. Big Battery, I don’t think all the cells in your battery are charged right. You need to be hooked back up to the charger and hopefully some of your cells aren’t already dead.

    Where is your sense of humor, you really shouldn’t take yourself so seriously, really!! None of the rest of us do!! Have a little fun, just once in your life admit you don’t know it all and that you are wrong at times, just like some of us do from time to time, and then you will feel better. Really, yes, you will feel better.

    Hey, I was being humorous!!! You have some good points and you have some not so good points, but that puts you in the same class as the rest of us on this forum. Hey, we can agree to disagree and the world will not end.

  7. #97
    Senior Member beartracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,104

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliFFL View Post
    If you think putting up with us is bad BEFORE the election, just wait 'til your boy starts his gov't expansion programs and increased spending. I can hardly wait for the excuses you will post in a feeble attempt to justify his actions.

    Remember 2-3 years from now, you had a better choice. I'll be here to remind you.
    I look forward to the up coming exchanges 2 - 3 years from now.

  8. #98
    Member Big Battery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central NC
    Posts
    203

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by beartracker View Post
    I am sorry, I had a weak moment. Hey Big Battery, are you running out of juice yet, being delusional will do that to a person, you will end up having a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason and experience continued confrontation with actual facts. Big Battery, I don’t think all the cells in your battery are charged right. You need to be hooked back up to the charger and hopefully some of your cells aren’t already dead.

    Where is your sense of humor, you really shouldn’t take yourself so seriously, really!! None of the rest of us do!! Have a little fun, just once in your life admit you don’t know it all and that you are wrong at times, just like some of us do from time to time, and then you will feel better. Really, yes, you will feel better.

    Hey, I was being humorous!!! You have some good points and you have some not so good points, but that puts you in the same class as the rest of us on this forum. Hey, we can agree to disagree and the world will not end.
    Apology accepted.

  9. #99
    Senior Member beartracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,104

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Battery View Post
    Apology accepted.
    Thank you, easy for all of us to get passionate about what we believe.

  10. #100

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    After reviewing the entire thread, I can't find any name-calling other than "Yankee" "self-righteous" "sanctimonious" and "flip-flopper." Don't tell me words like THAT are suddenly uncivil. Annoying yes, but not uncivil.
    Oh, but it is getting close. It was a preemptive warning to everyone- myself included.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

  11. #101
    Senior Member beartracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,104

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by bullsi1911 View Post
    Oh, but it is getting close. It was a preemptive warning to everyone- myself included.
    bullsi1911 is right, it was getting close and even to the point of some of us not liking others. I am glad you did what you did bullsi1911, I for one along with some others needed a little reminder indeed.

  12. #102
    Senior Member Buford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    CA. Beach cities
    Posts
    4,381

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    [QUOTE=knitepoet;107718 (Ignore the fact that the lead originally CAME from the environment) Since you "returned it" to the environment, you'll have to pay for the "clean up"[/QUOTE]

    It's not going back in the ground they way it came out.

  13. #103
    Senior Member Buford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    CA. Beach cities
    Posts
    4,381

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by bullsi1911 View Post
    The best thing we can hope for from this election is Gridlock. When both sides want the same thing, the best we can do is throw a wrench in the gears.
    Then why vote for either one.

  14. #104
    Senior Member Buford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    CA. Beach cities
    Posts
    4,381

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Battery View Post
    Really? What happened to "Give me Liberty or give me death"? My how the times have changed.
    Now it's just vote for the clean end of the turd.

  15. #105
    Senior Member Make_My_Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lake County, Florida
    Posts
    3,043

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by bullsi1911 View Post
    Oh, but it is getting close. It was a preemptive warning to everyone- myself included.
    I guess you're right...I have been called a "liar" in this thread, so I guess I can now appreciate where this is going.
    THE DEMOCRAT PARTY OFFERS YOU MARXISM, LYING, CORRUPTION, STEALING AND TREASON.
    WHAT MORE COULD YOU POSSIBLY ASK FOR IN A POLITICAL PARTY?

  16. #106
    Senior Member Make_My_Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lake County, Florida
    Posts
    3,043

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    THAT is priceless.
    THE DEMOCRAT PARTY OFFERS YOU MARXISM, LYING, CORRUPTION, STEALING AND TREASON.
    WHAT MORE COULD YOU POSSIBLY ASK FOR IN A POLITICAL PARTY?

  17. #107
    Senior Member Make_My_Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lake County, Florida
    Posts
    3,043

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliFFL View Post
    .........I guess if a left-wing extremist says it then you are clear to repeat it. For someone that prides themselves on political prowess, you shouldn't put so much faith in a news network that is biased. Especially if you agree with it. It squelches objectivity.
    Third, as a libertarian, it is my duty to keep an eye on all government abuse. Police (not all, of course) are the real abusers of citizens.
    Why shouldn't I repeat it? You told me I made things up.....as I said in my other post, I make mistakes, but I don't make things up. Unlike you, I am willing to admit my flaws. Left wingers said Romney was an extremist, and I reported it here.

    I don't "pride myself on political prowess", but I do pay a lot of attention to the news, and I enjoy political discussions, but I don't pretend to have bragging rights on anything.

    Why shouldn't I watch FOX? Sure, they are biased, but at least they are the most honest in reporting the news. I mean, what do you watch...MSNBC?

    At least I don't spend all of my time obsessively-compulsed with dredging all the stories you can find on the internet regarding police abuse. What do you actually accomplish with your collection of video's and your surly attitude with the rest of us when you don't agree with what the rest of us are saying. Maybe you should get out of the woods once in a while and interact with real people, because my impression is that you have adopted the personality of a Badger.

    I do like parts of Libertarian philosophy, but you sure don't do a good job of making the case for agreeing with Libertarians.
    THE DEMOCRAT PARTY OFFERS YOU MARXISM, LYING, CORRUPTION, STEALING AND TREASON.
    WHAT MORE COULD YOU POSSIBLY ASK FOR IN A POLITICAL PARTY?

  18. #108
    Senior Member CaliFFL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, ID
    Posts
    2,808

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    Why shouldn't I repeat it? You told me I made things up.....as I said in my other post, I make mistakes, but I don't make things up. Unlike you, I am willing to admit my flaws. Left wingers said Romney was an extremist, and I reported it here.

    I don't "pride myself on political prowess", but I do pay a lot of attention to the news, and I enjoy political discussions, but I don't pretend to have bragging rights on anything.

    Why shouldn't I watch FOX? Sure, they are biased, but at least they are the most honest in reporting the news. I mean, what do you watch...MSNBC?

    At least I don't spend all of my time obsessively-compulsed with dredging all the stories you can find on the internet regarding police abuse. What do you actually accomplish with your collection of video's and your surly attitude with the rest of us when you don't agree with what the rest of us are saying. Maybe you should get out of the woods once in a while and interact with real people, because my impression is that you have adopted the personality of a Badger.

    I do like parts of Libertarian philosophy, but you sure don't do a good job of making the case for agreeing with Libertarians.


    I'm not an ***hole in real life, I just play one on the internet.
    I find it a bit funny that you call me surly and badger-esque, the way you treat Alpha and a few of the other admitted liberals here.


    It is not in my nature to EVER give government a pass. I demand an explanation for every penny spent, every case of corruption, and every case of abuse. There should be no excuses or justifications. EVER. Party affiliation be damned.

    On this forum, when a democrat does something corrupt there are calls for his/her head. The names are never ending. Ovomit, Obummer, dummycrats, demonrats, ad nauseum.

    When a republican does the exact same thing, the excuses come out. The press is biased, or he was set up by an evil democrat, or his intentions were good, or he needed to sign a bill to appease the progresso-libs in Massachusetts....
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand

  19. #109
    Member Big Battery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central NC
    Posts
    203

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post

    I do like parts of Libertarian philosophy, but you sure don't do a good job of making the case for agreeing with Libertarians.
    Libertarians vote for the Constitution... that's pretty much it. There is really no agenda beyond that. We sometimes find it hard to understand why that is not self-explanatory.

  20. #110
    Senior Member CaliFFL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, ID
    Posts
    2,808

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Battery View Post
    Libertarians vote for the Constitution... that's pretty much it. There is really no agenda beyond that. We sometimes find it hard to understand why that is not self-explanatory.
    Well said.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand

  21. #111
    Senior Member beartracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,104

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    WOW!!! This thread has a life of it's own, this thing is still going strong.

  22. #112
    Senior Member Make_My_Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lake County, Florida
    Posts
    3,043

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliFFL View Post
    I'm not an ***hole in real life, I just play one on the internet.
    I find it a bit funny that you call me surly and badger-esque, the way you treat Alpha and a few of the other admitted liberals here.......
    Look, as I said before, I make mistakes...pretty much a human condition. I have been trying to change the way I react to some people, but once in a while my cork gets popped by someone and I vent a little. Being called a liar was one of those events. I actually support your cause to a substantial degree...I wish there were more people who believed in the original way the federal government started out, and we wouldn't even have to get heated over what is happening to the country now.

    Regarding liberals and socialists...I just can't stomach their way of thinking, so I have already hidden one persons posts, so I don't have to even read them unless I want to, but I am also trying to modify my reactions to what I do read.

    Maybe we can start over...I apologize for what I said and I'm going to try very hard to not get blown all out of shape over things I read on here. I would appreciate the same consideration.
    Last edited by Make_My_Day; 05-04-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    THE DEMOCRAT PARTY OFFERS YOU MARXISM, LYING, CORRUPTION, STEALING AND TREASON.
    WHAT MORE COULD YOU POSSIBLY ASK FOR IN A POLITICAL PARTY?

  23. #113
    Senior Member DoctorWho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,037

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    "I'm going to try very hard to not get blown all out of shape over things I read on here. I would appreciate the same consideration."

    Sounds like a plan, count Me in too.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

  24. #114
    Moderator Jayhawker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Smoky Valley, Kansas
    Posts
    8,007

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    "I'm going to try very hard to not get blown all out of shape over things I read on here. I would appreciate the same consideration."
    Good idea...no matter how seriously we take an issue - there are generally those who don't...Life on the Forum
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

  25. #115
    Senior Member DoctorWho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,037

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Good idea...no matter how seriously we take an issue - there are generally those who don't...Life on the Forum
    Very true, I once saw someone laugh at seeing a decapitated corpse, the family member was not so amused, it took quite a determined effort to keep him from decapitating the guy that was laughing.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

  26. #116
    Senior Member CaliFFL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, ID
    Posts
    2,808

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    Maybe we can start over...I apologize for what I said and I'm going to try very hard to not get blown all out of shape over things I read on here. I would appreciate the same consideration.
    Yes, let's start over.

    I apologize for saying you were stating lies. That is why I post sources. SAYING something doesn't make it true. From now on I'll accept your word on statements. I'm still gonna call you on your opinions.

    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand

  27. #117
    Senior Member robert38-55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denver,Co.
    Posts
    3,305

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    That is why I am a Southern boy at heart, and those Yankees will quickly fry up your gun rights like a mess of catfish too......

    Don't think for one minute that many Yankee carpet bagger politicians in back room deals, when big money and campaign contributions are on the line, won't sacrifice your gun rights on the altar of convenience and greed.
    From one Southern Boy to another DoctorWho, I agree. I trust no politician, be it local,state,Federal, who isn't 100% pure pro-gun, and pro 2nd Amendment.These politicians will trade their dying Grandma for a single vote. Anyway DoctorWho us Southern Boys have to stick together now don't we?
    "It is what it is"

  28. #118
    Senior Member beartracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,104

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliFFL View Post


    It is not in my nature to EVER give government a pass. I demand an explanation for every penny spent, every case of corruption, and every case of abuse. There should be no excuses or justifications. EVER. Party affiliation be damned.

    On this forum, when a democrat does something corrupt there are calls for his/her head. The names are never ending. Ovomit, Obummer, dummycrats, demonrats, ad nauseum.

    When a republican does the exact same thing, the excuses come out. The press is biased, or he was set up by an evil democrat, or his intentions were good, or he needed to sign a bill to appease the progresso-libs in Massachusetts....
    You know CaliFFL, sometimes I really do agree with you (sometimes) and what you said here is so true, and I for one I am tired of and over the excuses and justifications used by politicians to rip this country off!!! Sometimes I find myself thinking like an independent on one point then like a republican on an other point, then like a democrat (yeah they are not all wrong) and then like a libertarian. I am over the party stuff, just plan over the party stuff and I just want to be an American who believes in and support the constitution, period. I will not be owned by any party nor feel I need to or should give my allegiance to any party, only to the constitution. I am not crazy how sometimes I have to compromise like in voting for Romeny to get rid of Obama and especially those in his administration. All this said to say, the above extraction from your post is right on in my opinion.
    Last edited by beartracker; 05-05-2012 at 01:32 PM.

  29. #119
    Senior Member Make_My_Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lake County, Florida
    Posts
    3,043

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliFFL View Post
    Yes, let's start over. I apologize for saying you were stating lies. That is why I post sources. SAYING something doesn't make it true. From now on I'll accept your word on statements. I'm still gonna call you on your opinions.
    Fair enough.....thanks. I will try to post links to things when I have time. Most of it I see on news TV and makes it a little harder to find, but I will try.

    I hate having to put up a picture of the snaggle-tooth liar, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, but here is a link to an MSNBC video that kind of supports my claim. She says the GOP and Mitt Romney are "embracing extremism", and I said they were accusing Romney of being a right-wing extremist. Semantics, but reasonably accurate in my description. If you can bear to watch this mutt spew her BS, watch the video. There is a short clip of Nikki Haley on there, and I would much rather look at and listen to her, than DWS.

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ns_health.html
    Last edited by Make_My_Day; 05-05-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    THE DEMOCRAT PARTY OFFERS YOU MARXISM, LYING, CORRUPTION, STEALING AND TREASON.
    WHAT MORE COULD YOU POSSIBLY ASK FOR IN A POLITICAL PARTY?

  30. #120
    Senior Member Nomadac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    547

    Re: Romney has secret breakfast with Bloomberg and discusses gun control

    Four pages of much misunderstanding of the real threat to our bankruptcy if changes are not made. Those that suggest not voting, or voting for Ron Paul are delusional at best, as either action will result of Obummer getting reelected. Every expert in Politics has stated Ron Paul cannot win but take votes from the Republican candidate and allow Obummer to win.
    It is a fact that Obummer will do everything he can to destroy our Economy, and collapse our system. Examine what Obummer has done for the last 3 years, spent money like a King, taken more vacations, played more golf, wife has take many vacations at taxpayers expense, surrounded himself with radicals and Communists and Socialists all having no experience at accomplishing anything.

    Now those that are against Romney, do you really think he would surround himself with advisers like Obummer has done, or nominated Liberal Judges, EPA Staff, etc.? ARE YOU REALLY WILLING TO TAKE THAT RISK?

    Wake up and vote for a Republican Senate and House so they can stop anyone from doing what Obummer has planned. If you don't get it by now you are probably part of the problem and not the solution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •