Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22LR ammo, at what price ?

.22LR ammo, at what price ?

I am looking for bargain priced .22 LR ammo that reliably goes blammo, but at a lower price, so far Cabela's is in the running at $ 69 for 1200 rounds...... of FEDERAL

Wally World has 330 rounds of FEDERAL for $ 30 anyone know of better prices ?
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Re: .22LR ammo, at what price ?

Dude!!! $30 for 330 rounds?

The .22 Rimfire Central guys like Blazer best over there on their board. A brick of 500 should not cost more than $20 anywhere... sheesh!

You can buy Blazer .22 LR for $18 a brick plus shipping here:

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/ammo-for-rimfire/-22/p/22lr-cci-blazer-40gr-lead-high-velocity-50rd-box-/cPath/48_475/products_id/4125?osCsid=697f420d66d6c9babcfa48fefe297860'

Federal here for $19 a brick plus shipping:

http://eastcoastgunsales.com/product.php?ID=14161

and the cheapest, not the best are Remington right now at $15.50 a brick plus shipping...

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/66288-5.html

Good shopping.... Locally you should be able to get it for under $20 for 500 rnds.

D

I'm going to have to check WW, I thought I saw their Federal 550 pac's at less that $20.
    Division one critter rescue team leader.

The local WW has the Federals for right at $20.

Quote Originally Posted by tv_racin_fan View Post
    The local WW has the Federals for right at $20.
    IIRC that what the WW here in NM has them for too.
    "It is what it is"

my ROT use to be for any 22LR < 0.02 was a good deal. Now its < 0.03.

i just buy whoever and where ever its on sale. If you have a BiMart near you, they will have coupon sales of 2 cartons or so. someone told me, they dont even care about the limit now. but i havent experienced it so i can personally say.

watch for Fishermans sales and go to the Gunshows. you can usually find some decent deals.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ilove22s View Post
    my ROT use to be for any 22LR < 0.02 was a good deal. Now its < 0.03.

i just buy whoever and where ever its on sale. If you have a BiMart near you, they will have coupon sales of 2 cartons or so. someone told me, they dont even care about the limit now. but i havent experienced it so i can personally say.

watch for Fishermans sales and go to the Gunshows. you can usually find some decent deals.
    Wally here sells mini mags for less than $7 / 100.

Holy crap! 333 round packs are around $9-$10 around here.

You could check the CMP, I seem to recall them having a deal for a 5000 round case of Aguila...
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

I don't know why ammo is so expensive around here...........
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Where is"around here" DoctorWho?

Look here too. $16-18/brick plus $5 shipping per brick

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/22LR-ammo.php

The bulk pack Federal, 525 rounds that ran $17 per box couple of years ago here in Puerto Rico are now $35!!!

BigDanS posted:

"Where is"around here" DoctorWho?"

I spend lots of time in Portland Oregon, and am close to Vancouver Washington stores, I had called WW and the lady I spoke to there quoted Me $30 for 330 rds of FEDERAL.....
    I had wanted to buy 1000 rds if the price was right, did not really want to buy mail order since I can't likely buy with a buddy or two and split the order / costs....

Definately check Bi-Mart. The guys on Rimfirecentral were commenting on cheap ammo, they had Federal 510's for $15.50 per 500 or $31.00 per 1000, but it ended on the 20th.

Good Luck.

D

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    I am looking for bargain priced .22 LR ammo that reliably goes blammo, but at a lower price, so far Cabela's is in the running at $ 69 for 1200 rounds...... of FEDERAL

Wally World has 330 rounds of FEDERAL for $ 30 anyone know of better prices ?

Before I take a step further, in your signature, are you referencing yourself?

When you order mail order be aware most mail order houses charge a hazmat fee. So be prepared to buy quantity to offset the often $20 hazmat fee.

I get the Blazer brick (500rds) for around $20-25 at AceHardware.
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman

I've never been charged a HAZMAT for ammo, only primers and powder...................????

I picked up a box of 525 Federal 36 grain today @ Gander Mountain in Geneva,Il today for $18.00 - that's .03 per round. I thought that was good for rounds I just plan on burning up at the range. If I was planning on Varmint stuff - $7.50 per 100 CCI minimag 40 grain is pretty average around here {Chicago}.
    Last edited by lightkeeper; 07-29-2011 at 12:15 AM.

No hazmat fee on loaded ammo, or primed cases.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Ah, the good old days.

.22LR ammo, at what price ?

I scored 525 packs of Federal 36gr at Wal Mart for $20 each.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

We still get our hands on ANY .22 ammo, would have thought it would have let up by now, but has not.

How did this thread rise again from the dead ???

I could not remember posting it !!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    How did this thread rise again from the dead ???

I could not remember posting it !!
    Just Buford, feeling nostalgic.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Maybe I'm stupid.... Every post I hit says out of stock! I would gladly pay $20 for $200 worth of 22lr at $20 a brick. I have just over two bricks left and that's just not enough! I can go through at least two bricks in one shoot fest. I love .22 cal Lr.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter

Not seen 22 ammo at my local wally mart in 6 months.

I've been lucky though this .22 LR ammo drought. I work near a major distributor that has a retail front as well. They get a lot of .22 LR ammo that never hits the website. I'm not saying I can walk in day in and day out and buy my brand of choice because that it far from the case. Even at my "spot" there is often a 3 box of 50 daily limit--but prices are "normal" and if I hit it M-F that's 750 rounds for the week. Then they have bricks available sometimes too. I have been able to get enough for myself and several friends for the past year. On a fairly regular basis I can get SK Rifle Match, SK Standard Plus, SK Magazine, Fiocchi, Wolf, Blazer, etc. The days of casually walking into any given sporting goods store and finding .22 LR fodder to your liking won't be returning any time soon--IF EVER.
    You have the right to your own opinion, but you don't have the right to your own facts

Formerly "cletus85"

That was and still is the great thing about .22 LR, cheap practice, 1,000 rounds of .22 LR will always be cheaper than 9 mm, yet the trigger time builds valuable skills that transfer over to the other calibers.

Right you are Durwood. If you want .22 ammo you need to get up early and stand in line, for what seems to be forever; only to have some clueless dimwit tell you there's NO ammo today. Mostly the crowds have dissipated, with just a few retired guys making the early morning ritual. Shot shells come in pretty regular, I saw Winchester bulk 9mm & .45acp today. Some rifle calibers like .243 & 30-30 are showing up....but No .22's on a regular basis. I don't re-sell any .22, I have trigger-happy grandkids who are trying to wear out my 10/22 ruger.

I am so happy that I bought 12 bricks a couple of years back....I thought $12 a brick was bad then! Wow.