Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Ammo order gone missing :(

  1. #1
    Member Bullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    392

    Ammo order gone missing :(

    I ordered two 440 round packs of XM855 from a reputable dealer a little more than a week ago. I called them today to inquire about the shipment because I still haven't received it. I got a tracking number that said the package was left on my door step nearly a week ago (I live in an apartment with all sorts of people walking past my door). Obviously the ammo has been stolen. What's my next move? Do I contact the dealer or UPS? This sucks. There's a thief out there with 880 rounds of my ammo.

  2. #2

    Re: Ammo order gone missing :(

    Contact the dealer. They will start a tracer with UPS, determine the loss, and UPS will pay the dealer for the loss.

    If your dealer is good, they will reship as soon as they get proof of delivery from UPS.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

  3. #3
    Senior Member DoctorWho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,037

    Re: Ammo order gone missing :(

    Wow, I never had a problem like that, most of the time UPS leaves a yellow slip if no one is at home, or in buildings, they leave the package with a neighbor, I would receive packages for neighbors frequently.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

  4. #4
    Member Bullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    392

    Re: Ammo order gone missing :(

    Usually they leave packages with the apartment office when there's no one there to sign for it. Don't know what went wrong this time.

  5. #5
    Senior Member alphasigmookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    5,102
    I'm surprised ups left it. Usually they require an adult signature to deliver ammo I thought.

    Yep call the dealer and they should be able to deal with with ups. If that avenue doesn't pan out I'd call your credit card company.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

  6. #6
    Senior Member knitepoet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,609

    Re: Ammo order gone missing :(

    Quote Originally Posted by alphasigmookie View Post

    Yep call the dealer and they should be able to deal with with ups. If that avenue doesn't pan out I'd call your credit card company.
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. It is only difficult for others.

    It is the same when you are STUPID.

  7. #7

    Re: Ammo order gone missing :(

    Quote Originally Posted by alphasigmookie View Post
    I'm surprised ups left it. Usually they require an adult signature to deliver ammo I thought.
    UPS has never required a signature for my ammo deliveries.

    Leaving any delivery at the door in an apartment complex is just asking for a theft
    The Second Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security

  8. #8
    Senior Member coolgunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere north of Mozambique
    Posts
    1,787

    Re: Ammo order gone missing :(

    I can't imagine why anyone would leave a package at the door without having been instructed to do so...regardless of the contents. Brown screwed up, now they need to do something for you.

  9. #9
    Member Bullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    392

    Re: Ammo order gone missing :(

    I just got off the phone with Classic Firearms and the lady was very helpful. They are going to file a claim with UPS and are going to ship another two boxes to me right away. Hats off to Classic Firearms.

  10. #10
    Member airhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Orlando area FL
    Posts
    421

    Re: Ammo order gone missing :(

    be sure you ask the shipper to check "signature required" on those or bets they'll go missing as well.
    This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  11. #11
    Senior Member Teach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dellrose TN
    Posts
    9,382

    Re: Ammo order gone missing :(

    I wonder what cartridge the UPS driver shoots?
    Jerry
    "We have met the enemy, and he is us!" Pogo

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southwest PA
    Posts
    1,653

    Re: Ammo order gone missing :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullgator View Post
    I just got off the phone with Classic Firearms and the lady was very helpful. They are going to file a claim with UPS and are going to ship another two boxes to me right away. Hats off to Classic Firearms.
    Good for you and Classic. I always liked them.

  13. #13
    Member Bullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    392

    Re: Ammo order gone missing :(

    Update:

    UPS called me to verify the claim. While talking to her I found out they shipped the ammo to my old house (which I've been out of for about four years). I bought a couple rifles from CA a few years back while at that address and I guess they still had that address on their books. The house is currently unoccupied, so I dropped by after work and there it was! Sitting on my old porch for a week. I called back CA and told her not to ship replacement ammo. All is well and nobody has to lose out. Good day.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Big Chief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,654

    Re: Ammo order gone missing :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullgator View Post
    Update:

    UPS called me to verify the claim. While talking to her I found out they shipped the ammo to my old house (which I've been out of for about four years). I bought a couple rifles from CA a few years back while at that address and I guess they still had that address on their books. The house is currently unoccupied, so I dropped by after work and there it was! Sitting on my old porch for a week. I called back CA and told her not to ship replacement ammo. All is well and nobody has to lose out. Good day.
    Ah Ha! You need to update your shipping information.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

  15. #15
    Senior Member DoctorWho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,037

    Re: Ammo order gone missing :(

    Quote Originally Posted by coolgunguy View Post
    I can't imagine why anyone would leave a package at the door without having been instructed to do so...regardless of the contents. Brown screwed up, now they need to do something for you.
    I don't get it either, I am sure the driver is not stupid enough to think no one will steal anything of some value that is left unattended on a door step.......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

  16. #16
    Member Bullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    392
    One of the things that bothered me the most was thinking the thief that stole my ammo now knew I have an AR15. That's another reason I wouldn't want them to leave boxes of ammo at a door in a highly trafficked area - it lets people know I have guns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •