Thread: Brownells / Sinclair Int. caution

Brownells / Sinclair Int. Order Issue RESOLVED

I believe Brownells and its sister company Sinclair, which shares the same order system, has a computer problem. I placed an order for four AR15 mags yesterday and received a confirmation of the order. Today, I received a second confirmation in which the line item had been duplicated and so was now for eight mags.

I called immediately and was told "It's too late, the order has been picked. When you receive it you can go online and request a return authorization. No we do not email shipping labels, you can just call and ask to be reimbursed your shipping cost." (Yeah, sure, and I'm also going to ask Obama to join the NRA).

Since no one there had any idea how the error happened, it seems likely that it could happen again, and I see no way for a customer to avoid it, as their original order confirmation was correct.

PROBLEM RESOLVED. THANKS TO BROWNELLS. SEE LATER POST.
    Last edited by bowserb; 05-05-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious." -Paul Harvey, 1964

Re: Brownells / Sinclair Int. caution

Good comapny with a good reputation, I'm sure they will make it good. It does kinda suck, though.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Well, if they're jacking around then you should be ticked. That much is obvious....but why not wait until they actually screw you over to rip 'em a new one? Give them a chance to make it right before invoking internet jihad. Just sayin'

Senior Member Slanteyedshootist's Avatar

I've ordered from them numerous times. Never had a problem. Sorry you had one.

Quote Originally Posted by coolgunguy View Post
    Well, if they're jacking around then you should be ticked. That much is obvious....but why not wait until they actually screw you over to rip 'em a new one? Give them a chance to make it right before invoking internet jihad. Just sayin'
    They could have addressed THEIR PROBLEM better, like offering "We'll credit the shipping on your order, to cover your return shipping cost." or better yet, "We'll email a UPS shipping label, just like every other modern Internet company would do." Bottom line, though, is they have a problem. Wouldn't you like to know in advance that your order might be doubled and you would be double charged until you could deal with their problem? If I had read that from someone else, I'd have waited a while before taking a chance with that company.
    "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious." -Paul Harvey, 1964

I've been dealing with Brownell's for 30+ years. The only mistake they've ever made was in my favor. An order I received had a holster for a Ruger .22 pistol included that I didn't order, and it wasn't on the invoice. A couple of weeks later I attended the SHOT show in Orlando and talked to one of the Brownell family at their booth. I asked about how to go about returning the item, and he replied "Our mistake- - - -just keep it!" I can live with that kind of customer service!
    Jerry
    WE SHOULD PROBABLY IGNORE POSTS CO-AUTHORED BY JACK DANIEL, JIM BEAM, JOHNNIE WALKER AND JOSE' CUERVO

I'm not ticked...well maybe a little. If their system doubled my $40 order, the same thing could happen with a $400 order. I'd like to save someone else that agony. Their telephone response is also not what I expected either. Maybe it's a new Brownells. You know, like Maytag is not Maytag any more and Schwinn is not Schwinn any more?

They are the only company I'll deal with anymore. Always had great service. Don't worry, they'll make it good.

Quote Originally Posted by bowserb View Post

I called immediately and was told "It's too late, the order has been picked. When you receive it you can go online and request a return authorization. No we do not email shipping labels, you can just call and ask to be reimbursed your shipping cost." (Yeah, sure, and I'm also going to ask Obama to join the NRA)..
    The proper response to the "We do not email shipping labels" is "I need to talk to your manager, please" Call them back, ask to speak to a manager, and do not take that stupid policy as an answer.

If they do not email you the label, then tell them that you will refuse the order. The return shipping on a refused order is more than an email label. Refuse the shipment, cancel the order on your credit card and order it from Midway. tell them that is what you will do if they do not take care of you as a customer.
    Last edited by bullsi1911; 05-04-2012 at 09:02 PM.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Also have been dealing with Brownells for years...never a hitch, even on returns...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

I sent essentially the same info as I posted here to Brownells. I just received an email from Karen Blankenship. She says there was "a system or download issue" and that I will be issued a credit for the amount of the extra mags. Further I should keep the four extra mags sent in error at no charge.

My apologies to Brownells. They're back on my dealer list.

Edit: Karen just called to confirm that everything was OK. They're now tops on my list...but I think I'll wait a few weeks before buying again, to give them time to fix whatever was wrong.
    Last edited by bowserb; 05-04-2012 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Update

Glad (and not at all surprised) they made it right. I agree with BP that their website has a LOT of room for improvement. AAMOF, I got an email for their first quarter customer satisfaction survey earlier this week and told them as much.
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. It is only difficult for others.

It is the same when you are STUPID.

I am glad hear this was resolved to your satisfaction.

As many people stated, I have been dealing with both companies, when they were 2 different enterprises and after they combined. Can not remember a bad experience. Even when difficulties were my fault the company went beyond what was necessary and or customary.

Quote Originally Posted by bowserb View Post
    I'm not ticked...well maybe a little. If their system doubled my $40 order, the same thing could happen with a $400 order. I'd like to save someone else that agony. Their telephone response is also not what I expected either. Maybe it's a new Brownells. You know, like Maytag is not Maytag any more and Schwinn is not Schwinn any more?
    Nope, as far as I know, they are still the same company they've been for what? 50 years? They are old fashion, but in a good sort of way. I've never heard of anyone having a problem with them that Brownell's wasn't proactive about and fixed.

Edited:

I just saw your post. I'm glad it was resolved. The first time they probably didn't know about their system problem and you allerted them to troubleshoot. They may have had other people call in with the same or similar issue and caused them to check out and find their system issue. All's well that ends well.
    Last edited by snake284; 05-09-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

I like them, glad that is over for you and that their service is first class. Good deal!!!