Thread: Trader Joe's?

Banned

Question Trader Joe's?

Anybody else been to one? http://www.traderjoes.com/

Started getting their odd ad flyer about a year ago. Finally found out there's one rather close. So tempted by some of the items in the ads , like peanut butter filled pretzels dipped in milk chocolate!
    So I went there today. Interesting little store , with some rather strange (Ben & Jerry-type 'green') people there. Everything is either all-natural or organic. All seems very high quality and the meats , fruits and veggies looked very nice. Stuff wasn't exactly cheap , but fair for the quality presented.

Re: Trader Joe's?

I shop there all the time.

We make a trip to the Trader Joes about once a month or so( about a hours drive ) the wife and daughter are hooked on thier product. I for the most part agree, good quality at reasonable prices when compared to the chain grocers.

Sako

Quote Originally Posted by mkk41 View Post
    Anybody else been to one? http://www.traderjoes.com/

Started getting their odd ad flyer about a year ago. Finally found out there's one rather close. So tempted by some of the items in the ads , like peanut butter filled pretzels dipped in milk chocolate!
    So I went there today. Interesting little store , with some rather strange (Ben & Jerry-type 'green') people there. Everything is either all-natural or organic. All seems very high quality and the meats , fruits and veggies looked very nice. Stuff wasn't exactly cheap , but fair for the quality presented.
    We shop there frequently. They have these cookies that are basically oatmeal cookie sticks with some sort of white drizzle on them that I think they call dunkers and I LOVE them!!! Like you said, the stuff is organic and high quality with the porice tag that goes with it but it is pretty good!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

No, but, I bought Trader Joe's bar drinks book in the "60's.
    Division one critter rescue team leader.

We are finally getting one in Austin... within sight of Whole Foods flagship store and corporate headquarters.

When I travel for work and end up in a town with Trader Joe's, I bring back a bunch of stuff. They have these dark chocolate bars filled with Carmel and dusted with black salt for like $2. They freaking ROCK. The chocolate, the Orange Muscat vinegar (great for salad dressing), and the chocolate covered potato chips always make the trip home
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Yep shop there quite frequently. Great for picking up more uniqe items to supliment our normal shopping. Relatively cheap wine and cheese ends up being a lot of what we buy but also have some reasonably high quality breads and frozen foods too.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Great store. We're finally getting them here in Colorado.