Thread: New conspiracy story: we'll be "chipped" 3/24/ 13

New conspiracy story: we'll be "chipped" 3/24/ 13

For those who think that we'll survive the Mayan Apocalypse December 2012, I heard about a new conspiracy theory today...

March 23 2013, the Obamacare law will require us to all be "chipped" (an electronic ID tag will be implanted under the skin). Using of course the guise of health care, the gummint will then be able to track our whereabouts. That will at least give us the opportunity to guest star on an episode of the TV show "Person of Interest" I suppose.

Anybody know about this story? I gave the internet a whirl and didn't find anything, but I'm lazy and didn't search diligently. Maybe Jesse Ventura knows?
    -----------------------------------------------
    "Itís time to clean the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside." - Tricoastal Tracy

Re: New conspiracy story: we'll be "chipped" 3/24/ 13

Didn't hear that but when ever someone complains about uncky sam trackin him I feel the need to remind them that they willingly carry around a personal tracking device in their pockets at all times. Read the contract to your smell phone carefully. It (on Verison anyway) says they can track you. Not to mention a lot of people do Facebook updates WITH location...

Hell a bunch of marketing guys want to use the RFID in your wallet and cell signal to advertize to you directly Minority Report style. That one isn't a conpiracy, they were all happy about it on Forbes and Wired.

So as far as tracking me goes, well have it guys. But a chip? No thanks, I don't want tech under my skin unless they are willing to go all cyborg with it.

Here's a link to the Snopes site on the implant thing. They say it is false. Doesn't mean they won't try it at some time in the future; "try" being the operative word.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/microchip.asp
    Politics: Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I realized that it already had.

Quote Originally Posted by samzhere View Post
    For those who think that we'll survive the Mayan Apocalypse December 2012, I heard about a new conspiracy theory today...

March 23 2013, the Obamacare law will require us to all be "chipped" (an electronic ID tag will be implanted under the skin). Using of course the guise of health care, the gummint will then be able to track our whereabouts. That will at least give us the opportunity to guest star on an episode of the TV show "Person of Interest" I suppose.

Anybody know about this story? I gave the internet a whirl and didn't find anything, but I'm lazy and didn't search diligently. Maybe Jesse Ventura knows?
    You "heard" about it but dont have a source or a link? Why do you post this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Battery View Post
    You "heard" about it but dont have a source or a link? Why do you post this stuff?
    Your fingers aren't broke because you're posting on the forum.
    Here's a link for the Google challenged:

http://current.com/community/9084227...-microchip.htm
    Politics: Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I realized that it already had.

I don't think the federal government is delegated a power to chip us all ... maybe they can pretend that it's an interstate commerce issue ... such that it only applies to people who have traveled interstate, or wear clothes that have traveled interstate, or eat food that has traveled interstate, etc.

Banned

Yep Im pretty sure I read about it in the Book of Revelation.

Sounds like a new version of the 666 Mark of the Beast conspiracy they said the government was going to tattoo us all with years ago.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

I am very surprised that we haven't seen a form of this before. Not people chipped, but everything attached to a smart ID. Bank accounts, school records, employment, etc. I imagine if this was offered to Americans, millions would sign up. We are close to cashless now.

Christians and people that value the right to privacy would balk.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Banned

All that needs to be done to foil that system is to wear your aluminum foil hat.

No prob.

Pringles, Ruffles, Doritos. . .they all end up on my butt anyway. What's one more chip?
    WWJMBD?

Ok, so .277 is the number of The Beast. This makes The Beast. . .what. . .a chihuahua?

I've been hearing this since the 80s. Suppose to usher in the mark of the beast. Do you thing our gov is capable enough to make it happen? I don't.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown

Ah, just for fun, dude. That's the long and short of it. For fun. Made me smile when I heard it, the guy was soooo serious, and just had to share it, as a joke. Pretty much knew it was BS and didn't even bother to snope it.

Feel perfectly free to skip skip skip like a butterfly over any of my future postings.
    "Itís time to clean the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside." - Tricoastal Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by rbsivley View Post
    I've been hearing this since the 80s. Suppose to usher in the mark of the beast. Do you thing our gov is capable enough to make it happen? I don't.
    Oh, gosh, that mark of the beast thing has been around for a thousand years, probably. Thing is, 666 is likely in duodecimal (base 12) anyway which I think works out to 798 base 10, or something close.

I seem to remember reading that people in medieval times thought the "mark of the beast" was Islamic, then in the Reformation, some Protestants assigned it to the Pope ("Bishop of Rome" in Latin somehow being translated into a numerological 666 analogue or some such).

Way it always works is that people first decide to believe something, then find a way to "prove" it as true.

Like the pyramids at Cheops. Sure, they were humongous tombs and sacred burial sites but during the 18th century they began to be thought of as mystical, too. Most recently they were "designed and built" by ancient aliens because normal humans wouldn't be able to build them. Fact being, there are plenty of older, smaller and less well-built pyramids all around the region. The "stepped" pyramid was in fact a failed attempt w. steeper slopes that partly collapsed and formed the "steps". Archaeologists have actually hand-cut and shipped big stones and fitted them precisely like the great pyramids, using primitive tools, just to see if it could be done. It can. There are ancient quarries with the carving marks that match the stones laid in the pyramids.

Anyone remember "pyramid power"? I don't mean the long-held ideas that the pyramids are mystical and have magical powers, but the stories of pyramid-shaped boxes where razor blades got sharper and apples didn't rot, because of the "shape power" being able to channel mystical energies? Turns out that was a deliberate hoax started by some scientists as a joke article published in an April Fool's edition of a legit science mag. The "scientists" who were interviewed in the article were made up just for fun. Naturally the psychics took the story and ran with it.

I love that stuff.

Ah, just for fun, dude. That's the long and short of it. For fun. Made me smile when I heard it, the guy was soooo serious, and just had to share it, as a joke. Pretty much knew it was BS and didn't even bother to snope it.

Feel perfectly free to skip skip skip like a butterfly over any of my future postings.
    A conspiracy is much more fun if it is based in some fact. You seemed to have the details, you could have posted a source. Am I lazy? Maybe, but you start a thread it should be required to source it. That's not too much to ask. How many threads get started from some circulated email that is 99.99% false.

I would like to see a tracking chip for poochy, if he gets lost, the current chip has a read only serial number that can be read with a wand, then the aerial number is used to find the records with the owners information.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

I saw something on Discovery about some state prison where inmates wear an RFID bracelet. Let em figure out how to get the bracelet off, and we'll probably start chipping them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Wow. I never knew I enjoyed grilled foreskin.

Banned

I knew it for what it was...a joke.
    Had to add the aluminum hat thing tho.
    Jim

A conspiracy is much more fun if it is based in some fact. You seemed to have the details, you could have posted a source. Am I lazy? Maybe, but you start a thread it should be required to source it. That's not too much to ask. How many threads get started from some circulated email that is 99.99% false.
    I had no details except those that this guy told me. I thought the story was goofily funny, particularly how seriously he seemed to believe it. Which is why I posted it, just for the humor of it. I actually didn't think that the story was worth researching through the rumor databases.

I've got several books on conspiracy theories that I've collected over the years, plus books on hoaxes and scams, psychic and otherwise. Alien hoopla and similar junk beliefs.

Feel free to research the heck outta the chipping rumor. I'm sure it's bunk of course. I'm not going to bother with it. If I'm now required to source anything I post, feel free to complain to the Knights Templar or Council of Mystic Elders or somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Airedale View Post
    I knew it for what it was...a joke.
    Had to add the aluminum hat thing tho.
    Jim
    Just remember about aluminum foil hats: shiny side out!

A funny but true anecdote about aluminum foil people: Years back when I was working for a newspaper, we were sitting in the pressroom (this was an annex to the main paper, a small suburban office), and two local police detectives came it, big grins on their faces.

"Quick! Beer!" one of them said, so we went to the cooler and grabbed each of them a cold beer.

The detectives burst out laughing and began to tell us the story. This was a small suburban police department and this woman phoned the dispatcher and asked if it was okay to shoot some guy who was trying to rape her.

"Hold on! Is he in your house now? Is he trying to break in?"

"No, he's not here now. But I'm afraid of him."

So the dispatcher got the woman's address and sent these detectives right over immediately. They arrived to find this middle age woman alone in her nice suburban house. She was very friendly and this was her story of the impending attack... she was being "attacked" via radio/TV waves sent over her TV from Channel 12.

The detectives quickly realized she was nuts, tried not to laugh, but got the full story... This woman (long divorced, in and out of the mental ward for schitzophrenia, had been off her meds. That's when the attacks began. Weirdest of all, the woman somehow knew that the attackers weren't the newscasters --- they were "innocent". Instead, it was the chief broadcast engineer. She'd called the station and gotten his name. She'd no idea what he even looked like but "knew" it was he who wanted to rape her.

"Why not just turn off your TV or change the channel?"

"I tried that and it worked at first, but the guy's too clever. He's managing to send electronic waves even when the set's off. The, er, vibrate my private parts."

(Imagine being a cop and trying to keep a straight face).

"Just don't get near the TV."

"No, he still is sending the waves. They're in the refrigerator, the oven, my dishwasher, and the clothes washer and dryer, too."

Of course the cops got her doctor's name and phoned him, her ex-hubbie too, they would come over asap. But in the meantime, one of the cops asked the woman if she had some plain cheap wire clothes hangers and to bring a few of them. So she did.

The cop, very serious and very helpful, went to the windows where there were drapes or curtains. He took a hanger and held it by the hook, then pulled down in the middle so it bent into a diamond shape.

"This will reflect most of the vibrations," he told her. And he hung one of the coathangers from each corner of the curtain rods, left and right side of the window.

Amazing how helpful the police can be.

I'm afraid that if they tried to do this to us, the only people "Chipped" would be those that tried to put the chip into one of us, because they might receive some good hot lead chips. Just sayin'!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

I know this was posted as a joke, and that folks have been joking about such sillyness for a long, long time. I also know that, in so many ways we are actually heading toward this and it's getting closer all the time. Use your cell phone or credit card, or even move a 'large' amount of cash from your bank. YOUR cash. Buy a gun at a liscensed dealer. All those things are easily and immediately trackable. Is it a huge conspiracy? Not likely. Happens just the same though.

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    I'm afraid that if they tried to do this to us, the only people "Chipped" would be those that tried to put the chip into one of us, because they might receive some good hot lead chips. Just sayin'!
    I could not care less, if the Government wants to chip Me, big WOOF who cares ? chip My dog too, fine with Me, I already am on record with "The Government" on enough levels, CCW being one.......... what is one more ?????
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    I could not care less, if the Government wants to chip Me, big WOOF who cares ? chip My dog too, fine with Me, I already am on record with "The Government" on enough levels, CCW being one.......... what is one more ?????

True enough, and that was my point as well. On the other hand, it's not a great stretch of the imagination to envision this becoming a problem. Remember, many of the atrocities of the past started out as somebody's 'good idea' or were done for the benefit of all only to find out that benefit was cancelled out or even totally overshadowed by the negative consequences.